    charges and do me the favour why cant dvdsoon

    Sorry DvdSoon but you are complete and utter W***kers

    Dave
    Dragon, Jul 2, 2004

  2. Dragon wrote:
    > Bought 4 dvds from dvdsoon all ordered separate nights, they sent
    > three together for around £19 pound and put $48 CAD dollars on the
    > box and i got stung by the customs for an extra £7 which £4 goes to
    > the shite royal mail. Ok i know some will say well you are over the
    > "£18" customs charge but only by a pound all dvdsoon had to do was
    > put $44 CAD dollars on the box no harm to do that they wouldn't have
    > been done or anything.
    >
    > I use two other dvd sites which im not going to mention whom if the
    > order is about a pound over reduce the $ on the box to meet the £18
    > pound customs charges and do me the favour why cant dvdsoon
    >
    > Sorry DvdSoon but you are complete and utter W***kers

    Did you tell them? Even if they do nothing for you now they might decide to
    see it your way in future. Or tell you where to get off.

    Tell them nicely and they might send you a coupon or something to make
    amends.

    -Kevin.

    --
    Reply to:
    Gunther Gloop, Jul 2, 2004

  3. "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > Bought 4 dvds from dvdsoon all ordered separate nights, they sent three
    > together for around £19 pound and put $48 CAD dollars on the box and i got
    > stung by the customs for an extra £7 which £4 goes to the shite royal

    mail.
    > Ok i know some will say well you are over the "£18" customs charge but

    only
    > by a pound all dvdsoon had to do was put $44 CAD dollars on the box no

    harm
    > to do that they wouldn't have been done or anything.
    >
    > I use two other dvd sites which im not going to mention whom if the order

    is
    > about a pound over reduce the $ on the box to meet the £18 pound customs
    > charges and do me the favour why cant dvdsoon
    >
    > Sorry DvdSoon but you are complete and utter W***kers
    >
    > Dave

    Yea, being honest really sucks - or maybe you wouldn't know?
    Stephen Clark, Jul 2, 2004
  4. Dragon

    Meng Guest

    > Bought 4 dvds from dvdsoon all ordered separate nights, they sent three
    > together for around £19 pound and put $48 CAD dollars on the box and i got
    > stung by the customs for an extra £7 which £4 goes to the shite royal mail.
    > Ok i know some will say well you are over the "£18" customs charge but only
    > by a pound all dvdsoon had to do was put $44 CAD dollars on the box no harm
    > to do that they wouldn't have been done or anything.
    >
    > I use two other dvd sites which im not going to mention whom if the order is
    > about a pound over reduce the $ on the box to meet the £18 pound customs
    > charges and do me the favour why cant dvdsoon
    >
    > Sorry DvdSoon but you are complete and utter W***kers
    >
    > Dave

    So, let me see if I've got this right. You're blaming DVD Soon for the UK's
    stupid tax laws.

    This is the company that used to put a lower value on the box until HM
    Customs and Gestapo caught on to them and sent them a threatening letter.
    Only an idiot would blame them for labelling correctly now.

    So that would be you then.

    And another thing: if you'd waited for the Order Despatched email before
    ordering your second one and so on you wouldn't have had the problem, would
    you?
    Meng, Jul 2, 2004
  5. Dragon

    ThePunisher Guest

    Stephen Clark wrote:
    > "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    >> Bought 4 dvds from dvdsoon all ordered separate nights, they sent
    >> three together for around £19 pound and put $48 CAD dollars on the
    >> box and i got stung by the customs for an extra £7 which £4 goes to
    >> the shite royal mail. Ok i know some will say well you are over the
    >> "£18" customs charge but only by a pound all dvdsoon had to do was
    >> put $44 CAD dollars on the box no harm to do that they wouldn't have
    >> been done or anything.
    >>
    >> I use two other dvd sites which im not going to mention whom if the
    >> order is about a pound over reduce the $ on the box to meet the £18
    >> pound customs charges and do me the favour why cant dvdsoon
    >>
    >> Sorry DvdSoon but you are complete and utter W***kers
    >>
    >> Dave
    >>

    > Yea, being honest really sucks - or maybe you wouldn't know?

    If the DVDs were ordered seperately they should have be sent seperately.

    --
    ThePunisher
    ThePunisher, Jul 2, 2004
  6. Dragon

    Dr Zoidberg Guest

    Meng wrote:
    >> Bought 4 dvds from dvdsoon all ordered separate nights, they sent
    >> three together for around £19 pound and put $48 CAD dollars on the
    >> box and i got stung by the customs for an extra £7 which £4 goes to
    >> the shite royal mail. Ok i know some will say well you are over the
    >> "£18" customs charge but only by a pound all dvdsoon had to do was
    >> put $44 CAD dollars on the box no harm to do that they wouldn't have
    >> been done or anything.
    >>
    >> I use two other dvd sites which im not going to mention whom if the
    >> order is about a pound over reduce the $ on the box to meet the £18
    >> pound customs charges and do me the favour why cant dvdsoon
    >>
    >> Sorry DvdSoon but you are complete and utter W***kers
    >>
    >> Dave
    >>

    > So, let me see if I've got this right. You're blaming DVD Soon for
    > the UK's stupid tax laws.

    No , he is blaming them because he made several individual purchases , each
    below the tax limit.
    DVD sonn decided to bundle them together to save themselves a bit on the
    postage charge , bringing the total package over the threshold for tax.

    > And another thing: if you'd waited for the Order Despatched email
    > before ordering your second one and so on you wouldn't have had the
    > problem, would you?

    DVD soon are well aware of the tax laws.
    Other companies send items out individually to avoid problems , even if
    ordered at the same time so why can't they?
    --
    Alex

    "We are now up against live, hostile targets"

    "So, if Little Red Riding Hood should show up with a bazooka and a bad
    attitude, I expect you to chin the bitch! "

    www.drzoidberg.co.uk
    www.ebayfaq.co.uk
    Dr Zoidberg, Jul 2, 2004
  7. Dragon

    Ant C Guest

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > Bought 4 dvds from dvdsoon all ordered separate nights, they sent three
    > together for around £19 pound and put $48 CAD dollars on the box and i got
    > stung by the customs for an extra £7 which £4 goes to the shite royal

    mail.
    > Ok i know some will say well you are over the "£18" customs charge but

    only
    > by a pound all dvdsoon had to do was put $44 CAD dollars on the box no

    harm
    > to do that they wouldn't have been done or anything.
    >
    > I use two other dvd sites which im not going to mention whom if the order

    is
    > about a pound over reduce the $ on the box to meet the £18 pound customs
    > charges and do me the favour why cant dvdsoon
    >
    > Sorry DvdSoon but you are complete and utter W***kers
    >
    > Dave

    Sorry to hear about your situation but thanks for the post.

    I know now to wait until somethings despatched before ordering the next one
    so they don't stick them together. I had automatically asssumed they
    wouldnt before.

    I'd fire off an email to them and explain why you ordered them seperately
    and see what they say. I'd be interested to know.

    Count yourself lucky you chose 3 cheap dvd's!
    Ant C, Jul 2, 2004
  8. Dragon

    Ant C Guest

    "Stephen Clark" <> wrote in message
    > "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > > Bought 4 dvds from dvdsoon all ordered separate nights, they sent three
    > > together for around £19 pound and put $48 CAD dollars on the box and i

    got
    > > stung by the customs for an extra £7 which £4 goes to the shite royal

    > mail.
    > > Ok i know some will say well you are over the "£18" customs charge but

    > only
    > > by a pound all dvdsoon had to do was put $44 CAD dollars on the box no

    > harm
    > > to do that they wouldn't have been done or anything.
    > >
    > > I use two other dvd sites which im not going to mention whom if the

    order
    > is
    > > about a pound over reduce the $ on the box to meet the £18 pound customs
    > > charges and do me the favour why cant dvdsoon
    > >
    > > Sorry DvdSoon but you are complete and utter W***kers
    > >
    > > Dave
    > >

    > Yea, being honest really sucks - or maybe you wouldn't know?

    Pfffffff
    Ant C, Jul 2, 2004
  9. Dragon

    higgy Guest

    "Stephen Clark" wrote:

    > "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    >> Bought 4 dvds from dvdsoon all ordered separate nights, they sent
    >> three together for around £19 pound and put $48 CAD dollars on the
    >> box and i got stung by the customs for an extra £7 which £4 goes to
    >> the shite royal mail.
    >> Ok i know some will say well you are over the "£18" customs charge
    >> but only by a pound all dvdsoon had to do was put $44 CAD dollars on
    >> the box no harm to do that they wouldn't have been done or anything.
    >>
    >> I use two other dvd sites which im not going to mention whom if the
    >> order is about a pound over reduce the $ on the box to meet the £18
    >> pound customs charges and do me the favour why cant dvdsoon
    >>
    >> Sorry DvdSoon but you are complete and utter W***kers
    >>
    >> Dave
    >>

    > Yea, being honest really sucks - or maybe you wouldn't know?

    I think you missed the real point - which was that DVDSoon are
    (allegedly) combining orders and landing customers with additional fees,
    so they can reduce their postal costs.

    I guess if people have been making lots of single disc orders for the
    various cheap DVD's they've had on offer lately, the free shipping must
    really be starting to hurt, but I'm sure most of us would rather pay a
    postage fee, than put up with customs. Infact, I would imagine that if
    they stopped hiding their postal costs in their prices, it would make
    customs less of a worry, because the stuff that's hovering just above the
    £18 threshold, could be brought down beneath it.

    Dave (a different one).
    higgy, Jul 2, 2004
  10. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    and just for the record meng

    Yes i should have waited for the email but come on how do customs know what
    they charge people all they had to do is put a $4 cad dollar lower price on
    the box, its not that much

    Dragon, Jul 2, 2004
  11. Dragon

    Nath Guest

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > Bought 4 dvds from dvdsoon all ordered separate nights, they sent three
    > together for around £19 pound and put $48 CAD dollars on the box and i got
    > stung by the customs for an extra £7 which £4 goes to the shite royal

    mail.
    > Ok i know some will say well you are over the "£18" customs charge but

    only
    > by a pound all dvdsoon had to do was put $44 CAD dollars on the box no

    harm
    > to do that they wouldn't have been done or anything.
    >
    > I use two other dvd sites which im not going to mention whom if the order

    is
    > about a pound over reduce the $ on the box to meet the £18 pound customs
    > charges and do me the favour why cant dvdsoon
    >
    > Sorry DvdSoon but you are complete and utter W***kers
    >
    > Dave

    What do you expect? Next time order no more than $41- let them send them,
    then order another $41. Or spread them out- make sure under $41
    pre-orders/boxsets aren't released as you order a film.

    That's what I've done with brothers order- he wanted $50 of films that are
    in stock/out now. So I just ordered two, and will order the others later.

    It's a bummer that we're getting done by customs.. but there you go :-(

    ---
    Nath, Jul 2, 2004
  12. Dragon

    Meng Guest

    > Yes i should have waited for the email but come on how do customs know what
    > they charge people all they had to do is put a $4 cad dollar lower price on
    > the box, its not that much

    I wouldn't put it above Customs to do a random check, particularly if a
    valuation came to just under £18. After all they would only need one further
    example to enforce their ban. I certainly don't blame DVD Soon for
    accurately labelling their stuff.

    The bottom line is you brought this upon yourself. They normally despatch
    very quickly in my experience, so just be a bit more patient in future.

    IMO they're worth sticking with because they are consistently the
    cheapest/one of the cheapest around.
    Meng, Jul 2, 2004
  13. Ant C wrote:
    > "Stephen Clark" <> wrote in message
    >> "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    >>> Bought 4 dvds from dvdsoon all ordered separate nights, they sent
    >>> three together for around £19 pound and put $48 CAD dollars on the
    >>> box and i got stung by the customs for an extra £7 which £4 goes to
    >>> the shite royal mail. Ok i know some will say well you are over the
    >>> "£18" customs charge but only by a pound all dvdsoon had to do was
    >>> put $44 CAD dollars on the box no harm to do that they wouldn't
    >>> have been done or anything.
    >>>
    >>> I use two other dvd sites which im not going to mention whom if the
    >>> order is about a pound over reduce the $ on the box to meet the £18
    >>> pound customs charges and do me the favour why cant dvdsoon
    >>>
    >>> Sorry DvdSoon but you are complete and utter W***kers
    >>>
    >>> Dave
    >>>

    >> Yea, being honest really sucks - or maybe you wouldn't know?
    >>

    > Pfffffff

    Gas?

    :)

    --
    Reply to:
    Gunther Gloop, Jul 2, 2004
  14. Dragon

    Colin Wilson Guest

    > you are complete and utter W***kers

    Can you tell us what word you were trying to spell here please ?

    Colin Wilson, Jul 2, 2004
  15. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    Hi meng

    I havent said im going to stop with them because normally they are good its
    just damn annoying and from now on i have learned my lesson to wait but as i
    have had loads of other dvds without the customs charge i never though that
    i would get charged for theses being so little priced

    dave

    Dragon, Jul 2, 2004
  16. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    come on do i need to ok i know it has three stars but doh

    Dragon, Jul 2, 2004
  17. Dragon

    Dark Angel Guest

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message...
    > Bought 4 dvds from dvdsoon all ordered separate nights, they sent three
    > together for around £19 pound and put $48 CAD dollars on the box and i got
    > stung by the customs for an extra £7 which £4 goes to the shite royal

    mail.

    That's nothing, I bought some laserdiscs from an American chap on Ebay for
    about £20 ($45-ish), but as he sent it by insured post, and the parcel was
    insured for upto the value $100, the dope went and put $100 as the value of
    the contents.

    So when I got stung for £21 customs and import duty, needless to say I was
    not happy!

    --
    Best Wishes
    Simon (aka Dark Angel)
    Dark Angel, Jul 2, 2004
  18. Colin Wilson <> writes:
    >> you are complete and utter W***kers

    >Can you tell us what word you were trying to spell here please ?
    >
    >--

    I see you are posting through Deutschland. Wanker is a
    british term of endearment, not widely used outside of the
    UK and the commonwealth.

    scott
    Scott Lurndal, Jul 2, 2004
  19. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    wow that was unlucky m8

    Dave

    Dragon, Jul 2, 2004
  20. Meng wrote:
    >> Bought 4 dvds from dvdsoon all ordered separate nights, they sent
    >> three together for around £19 pound and put $48 CAD dollars on the
    >> box and i got stung by the customs for an extra £7 which £4 goes to
    >> the shite royal mail. Ok i know some will say well you are over the
    >> "£18" customs charge but only by a pound all dvdsoon had to do was
    >> put $44 CAD dollars on the box no harm to do that they wouldn't have
    >> been done or anything.
    >>
    >> I use two other dvd sites which im not going to mention whom if the
    >> order is about a pound over reduce the $ on the box to meet the £18
    >> pound customs charges and do me the favour why cant dvdsoon
    >>
    >> Sorry DvdSoon but you are complete and utter W***kers
    >>
    >> Dave
    >>

    > So, let me see if I've got this right. You're blaming DVD Soon for
    > the UK's stupid tax laws.
    >
    > This is the company that used to put a lower value on the box until HM
    > Customs and Gestapo caught on to them and sent them a threatening
    > letter. Only an idiot would blame them for labelling correctly now.
    >
    > So that would be you then.
    >
    > And another thing: if you'd waited for the Order Despatched email
    > before ordering your second one and so on you wouldn't have had the
    > problem, would you?

    If he ordered tham all seperately then it's DVDSoon's fault for sending them
    together, not his.
    Leopold Stotch, Jul 2, 2004