    something about an avi file.

    Do you know what's going on?

    http://eviltwinltd.com/Monk/sfmonk.htm

    Richard Fangnail, Jan 30, 2006

  2. Richard Fangnail wrote:

    > This is a page about the TV show Monk. It tends to make my IE die but
    > it loads into Netscape. But then it pops up a small windows saying
    > something about an avi file.

    That page, with all the graphics and media, is over five and a half
    *megabytes*, and poorly designed as well. Tables nested five-deep. You
    may not have an association set up to play .avi media.

    > Do you know what's going on?

    Perhaps your IE cache is full. Try emptying it and all offline temporary
    internet files.

    > http://eviltwinltd.com/Monk/sfmonk.htm

    Did not crash my IE6 nor Firefox.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 30, 2006

  3. Richard Fangnail wrote:

    This is a page about the TV show Monk. It tends to make my IE die but
    >it loads into Netscape. But then it pops up a small windows saying
    >something about an avi file.
    >
    >Do you know what's going on?
    >
    >http://eviltwinltd.com/Monk/sfmonk.htm

    Is it important to you that your IE die?

    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  4. Re: Re: This page crashes IE but not Netscape

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    Richard Fangnail wrote:

    >That page, with all the graphics and media, is over five and a half
    >*megabytes*, and poorly designed as well. Tables nested five-deep. You
    >may not have an association set up to play .avi media.
    >

    >Perhaps your IE cache is full. Try emptying it and all offline temporary
    >internet files.
    >

    >Did not crash my IE6 nor Firefox.

    Why do you say your IE6 nor Firefox?

    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006