This one is just a sugestion

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Slother, Oct 27, 2004.

  1. Slother

    Slother Guest

    Does any one agree with me when I say, people who cut down others in this
    forum should look for another forum to cut down people, here's an example

    Jody Vilandre wrote in message

    How can I make Internet Explorer my default browser again? Ever since I
    downloaded Firefox and made it the default, I can't seem to switch them.
    In both browsers' options, I have checked the box that says "check to see
    if it is the default browser".

    Any ideas? Thank you in advance!

    I wrote

    does the software have a "agent" (a program that runs in the background) if
    you have winxp hit ctrl alt delete and close any "odd" programs that dont
    have "local service" "system" or "network service" with the exceptin of
    "explorer"

    hope this helps

    ps if the system starts shutting down, you closed the wrong one.

    then the idiot Captain Napalm, Protector of the American Way wrote:
    It doesn't, you f***ing idiot

    (i added the asterisk to help the younger viewers)

    anyone agree?

    ---

    Slother, Oct 27, 2004

  2. Slother

    Yddap Guest

    In news:,
    Slother <> opined:
    > Does any one agree with me when I say, people who cut down others in
    > this forum should look for another forum to cut down people, here's
    > an example
    > Jody Vilandre wrote in message
    >
    > How can I make Internet Explorer my default browser again? Ever
    > since I downloaded Firefox and made it the default, I can't seem to
    > switch them. In both browsers' options, I have checked the box that
    > says "check to see if it is the default browser".
    >
    > Any ideas? Thank you in advance!
    >
    > I wrote
    >
    > does the software have a "agent" (a program that runs in the
    > background) if you have winxp hit ctrl alt delete and close any "odd"
    > programs that dont have "local service" "system" or "network service"
    > with the exceptin of "explorer"
    >
    > hope this helps
    >
    > ps if the system starts shutting down, you closed the wrong one.
    >
    > then the idiot Captain Napalm, Protector of the American Way wrote:
    > It doesn't, you f***ing idiot
    >

    > (i added the asterisk to help the younger viewers)
    >

    > anyone agree?

    No
    --

    Yddap
    Remove guts to reply

    Yddap, Oct 27, 2004

  3. Slother

    Old Gringo Guest

    Slother wrote:
    > Does any one agree with me when I say, people who cut down others in this
    > forum should look for another forum to cut down people,

    It sounds like a grand idea. However changing the habits of the
    world I believe you will find impossible. But Good Luck.
    --
    Old Gringo George
    Just West Of Nowhere

    Old Gringo, Oct 27, 2004
  4. Slother

    Muppet Guest

    "Slother" <> wrote in message
    > Does any one agree with me when I say, people who cut down others in this
    > forum should look for another forum to cut down people, here's an example
    >
    > Jody Vilandre wrote in message
    >
    > How can I make Internet Explorer my default browser again? Ever since I
    > downloaded Firefox and made it the default, I can't seem to switch them.
    > In both browsers' options, I have checked the box that says "check to see
    > if it is the default browser".
    >
    > Any ideas? Thank you in advance!
    >
    > I wrote
    >
    > does the software have a "agent" (a program that runs in the background)
    > if
    > you have winxp hit ctrl alt delete and close any "odd" programs that dont
    > have "local service" "system" or "network service" with the exceptin of
    > "explorer"
    >
    > hope this helps
    >
    > ps if the system starts shutting down, you closed the wrong one.
    >
    > then the idiot Captain Napalm, Protector of the American Way wrote:
    > It doesn't, you f***ing idiot

    You didn't find the answer in the question.That's why he called you a
    fucking idiot.

    Muppet, Oct 27, 2004
  5. "Slother" <> wrote in message
    > Does any one agree with me when I say, people who cut down others in this
    > forum should look for another forum to cut down people, here's an example
    >
    > Jody Vilandre wrote in message
    >
    > How can I make Internet Explorer my default browser again? Ever since I
    > downloaded Firefox and made it the default, I can't seem to switch them.
    > In both browsers' options, I have checked the box that says "check to see
    > if it is the default browser".
    >
    > Any ideas? Thank you in advance!
    >
    > I wrote
    >
    > does the software have a "agent" (a program that runs in the background)
    > if
    > you have winxp hit ctrl alt delete and close any "odd" programs that dont
    > have "local service" "system" or "network service" with the exceptin of
    > "explorer"
    >
    > hope this helps
    >
    > ps if the system starts shutting down, you closed the wrong one.
    >
    > then the idiot Captain Napalm, Protector of the American Way wrote:
    > It doesn't, you f***ing idiot
    >

    > (i added the asterisk to help the younger viewers)
    >

    > anyone agree?

    Wow, slother. Impressive recreation of events. Have you considered being a
    detective?

    Just kidding ;)

    Trolls are something you just have to deal with... PLONK them when you can.

    Armchair Einstein, Oct 27, 2004
  6. Slother

    trout Guest

    Slother wrote:

    > Does any one agree with me when I say, people who cut down others in
    > this forum should look for another forum to cut down people,

    [snip]

    Yes. Now, click your heels three times, and wish *real* hard.
    Trolls do what they do for (any kind of) attention. Like you've lavished
    on this one in this thread. It will just gratify and encourage it.
    Ignore them, and their pathetic cries for attention. It means
    nothing more than a barking dog, and is no more an impingement than a
    fart on a windy day.
    --
    "Momentarily unpleasant; forgotten five seconds later."

    trout, Oct 27, 2004
  7. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Wed,
    27 Oct 2004 00:37:57 GMT, "Yddap" <> screamed
    from behind the mulberry bush:

    >In news:,
    >Slother <> opined:
    >> Does any one agree with me when I say, people who cut down others in
    >> this forum should look for another forum to cut down people, here's
    >> an example
    >> Jody Vilandre wrote in message
    >>
    >> How can I make Internet Explorer my default browser again? Ever
    >> since I downloaded Firefox and made it the default, I can't seem to
    >> switch them. In both browsers' options, I have checked the box that
    >> says "check to see if it is the default browser".
    >>
    >> Any ideas? Thank you in advance!
    >>
    >> I wrote
    >>
    >> does the software have a "agent" (a program that runs in the
    >> background) if you have winxp hit ctrl alt delete and close any "odd"
    >> programs that dont have "local service" "system" or "network service"
    >> with the exceptin of "explorer"
    >>
    >> hope this helps
    >>
    >> ps if the system starts shutting down, you closed the wrong one.
    >>
    >> then the idiot Captain Napalm, Protector of the American Way wrote:
    >> It doesn't, you f***ing idiot
    >>

    >> (i added the asterisk to help the younger viewers)
    >>

    >> anyone agree?

    >No

    It seems someone is always trying to make up rules for a newsgroup
    which essentially has none.

    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Oct 27, 2004
  8. Slother

    sethra Guest

    "Slother" <> wrote in

    [mucho snippage]

    Just killfile the trolls. Don't encourage them, don't respond to them,
    don't worry about them, just killfile them. Usenet is much more enjoyable
    that way.

    http://www.colinjones.co.uk/images/troll.jpg

    --
    ~sethra

    sethra, Oct 27, 2004
  9. Slother

    Jerry G. Guest

    It's true that this newsgroup, and many others which are an opened forum,
    have no rules, but there should be some code of manners, or some type of
    respect for others.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ==========================

    Jerry G., Oct 27, 2004
  10. trout wrote:

    "Momentarily unpleasant; forgotten five seconds later."

    You apparently have grown inured to fish farts. Some fish farts are
    "terminate and stay resident".

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Oct 27, 2004
  11. Slother

    Slother Guest

    it's just that it was my first post and to be called that was well rude.

    "sethra" <> wrote in message
    > "Slother" <> wrote in
    >
    > [mucho snippage]
    >
    > Just killfile the trolls. Don't encourage them, don't respond to them,
    > don't worry about them, just killfile them. Usenet is much more enjoyable
    > that way.
    >
    > http://www.colinjones.co.uk/images/troll.jpg
    >
    > --
    > ~sethra

    ---

    Slother, Oct 27, 2004
  12. Slother

    Gort Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:
    > trout wrote:
    >
    > "Momentarily unpleasant; forgotten five seconds later."
    >
    > You apparently have grown inured to fish farts. Some fish farts are
    > "terminate and stay resident".

    O.K, that got the giggles going....
    ROTFLMAO !

    --
    If you find a posting or message from myself offensive, inappropriate, or
    disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a posting,

    Gort, Oct 27, 2004
  13. Slother

    trout Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:

    > trout wrote:
    >
    > "Momentarily unpleasant; forgotten five seconds later."
    >
    > You apparently have grown inured to fish farts. Some fish farts are
    > "terminate and stay resident".

    I'll have you know that my farts have the aroma of fresh-cut summer
    flowers; with just a hint of Lemon Pledge.
    --
    "A bowl of beans, and I'm a virtual bouquet."

    trout, Oct 27, 2004
  14. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Tue,
    26 Oct 2004 23:16:23 -0400, "Jerry G." <> screamed
    from behind the mulberry bush:

    >It's true that this newsgroup, and many others which are an opened forum,
    >have no rules, but there should be some code of manners, or some type of
    >respect for others.

    Usenet is a bastion of anarchy. The way the whole thing is setup so
    there is no central administration, which is both it's strength and
    weakness. However, there are 2 rules that are followed in the majority
    of Usenet (for the most part.)

    No spam (unless it's in a commercial newsgroup that is setup for that
    purpose.)

    No death threats.

    Usenet is not for kids in the same way you don't let them wander
    around the bad parts of town. If you object to some people and the way
    they post, ignore them or kill file them. Just because you happen to
    follow some sort of moral philosphy doesn't mean the other guy has to
    do the same.
    BTW, you can't change it, either.

    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Oct 27, 2004
  15. Slother

    Barry Guest

    Well slother I agree with you, I have put a block on all of them with the
    rude and filthy mouth, It don't matter how good of a tech they are, If they
    are rude and nasty they got to go, and since I got rid of all of them, I
    like this place much better,,,,,,

    Barry, Oct 27, 2004
  16. trout wrote:

    > Rôgêr wrote:

    >> trout wrote:

    >> "Momentarily unpleasant; forgotten five seconds later."

    >> You apparently have grown inured to fish farts. Some fish farts are
    >> "terminate and stay resident".

    > I'll have you know that my farts have the aroma of fresh-cut summer
    > flowers; with just a hint of Lemon Pledge.

    Mine, on the other fin, are nasty. Perhaps that's because I try to keep
    a presence of swimmers and surfers in my diet. Humans are to predators
    what beans are to humans. Good, though.

    --
    Blinky T. "blurble" Shark Linux Registered User 297263

    Go Blue

    Blinky the Shark, Oct 27, 2004
  17. Slother

    WormWood Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    | trout wrote:
    |
    | "Momentarily unpleasant; forgotten five seconds later."
    |
    | You apparently have grown inured to fish farts. Some fish farts are
    | "terminate and stay resident".

    ROFLMAO
    Now *that's* funny.

    WormWood, Oct 27, 2004
  18. Slother

    Don Guest

    "Slother" <> wrote in message
    > Does any one agree with me when I say, people who cut down others in this
    > forum should look for another forum to cut down people, here's an example
    >
    > Jody Vilandre wrote in message
    >
    > How can I make Internet Explorer my default browser again? Ever since I
    > downloaded Firefox and made it the default, I can't seem to switch them.
    > In both browsers' options, I have checked the box that says "check to see
    > if it is the default browser".
    >
    > Any ideas? Thank you in advance!
    >
    > I wrote
    >
    > does the software have a "agent" (a program that runs in the background)
    > if
    > you have winxp hit ctrl alt delete and close any "odd" programs that dont
    > have "local service" "system" or "network service" with the exceptin of
    > "explorer"
    >
    > hope this helps
    >
    > ps if the system starts shutting down, you closed the wrong one.
    >
    > then the idiot Captain Napalm, Protector of the American Way wrote:
    > It doesn't, you f***ing idiot
    >

    > (i added the asterisk to help the younger viewers)
    >

    > anyone agree?

    I agree with your sentiment. Unfortunately they cannot be forced off.

    I notice having called you an F...ing idiot he didn't offer the correct
    answer to the question.

    I would have replied.

    'Sorry, but that is not the answer. Assuming the latest version of
    Iexplorer, from the tools menu select internet options. Select the programs
    tab and click the check box to the left of the text that says "Internet
    explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser'

    You can block such people to stop their posts appearing on your PC, but
    there is always another waiting in the sidelines so you block him. before
    you know it you will have a very long list of blocked users.

    I would like an automatic word checker that could block any posts containing
    any words in a list that I could edit. Other than the foul language, I would
    add words the name callers use such as troll

    Just blocking all posts containing the F word would clear most of that type
    of post.

    Don, Oct 27, 2004
  19. Slother

    WormWood Guest

    "Don" <mailto:> wrote in message

    | "Slother" <> wrote in message
    | > Does any one agree with me when I say, people who cut down others in
    this
    | > forum should look for another forum to cut down people, here's an
    example

    | > Jody Vilandre wrote in message
    | >
    | > How can I make Internet Explorer my default browser again? Ever
    since I
    | > downloaded Firefox and made it the default, I can't seem to switch
    them.
    | > In both browsers' options, I have checked the box that says "check
    to see
    | > if it is the default browser".
    | >
    | > Any ideas? Thank you in advance!
    | >
    | > I wrote
    | >
    | > does the software have a "agent" (a program that runs in the
    background)
    | > if
    | > you have winxp hit ctrl alt delete and close any "odd" programs that
    dont
    | > have "local service" "system" or "network service" with the exceptin
    of
    | > "explorer"
    | >
    | > hope this helps
    | >
    | > ps if the system starts shutting down, you closed the wrong one.
    | >
    | > then the idiot Captain Napalm, Protector of the American Way wrote:
    | > It doesn't, you f***ing idiot
    | >

    | > (i added the asterisk to help the younger viewers)
    | >

    | > anyone agree?
    | >
    | I agree with your sentiment. Unfortunately they cannot be forced off.
    |
    | I notice having called you an F...ing idiot he didn't offer the
    correct
    | answer to the question.
    |
    | I would have replied.
    |
    | 'Sorry, but that is not the answer. Assuming the latest version of
    | Iexplorer, from the tools menu select internet options. Select the
    programs
    | tab and click the check box to the left of the text that says
    "Internet
    | explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser'
    |
    | You can block such people to stop their posts appearing on your PC,
    but
    | there is always another waiting in the sidelines so you block him.
    before
    | you know it you will have a very long list of blocked users.
    |
    | I would like an automatic word checker that could block any posts
    containing
    | any words in a list that I could edit. Other than the foul language, I
    would
    | add words the name callers use such as troll
    |
    | Just blocking all posts containing the F word would clear most of that
    type
    | of post.

    Have you tried making message rules to block all posts containing
    offensive (to you) language? Tools / Message Rules / News.

    WormWood, Oct 27, 2004
  20. Slother

    ziggy Guest

    "Jerry G." <> Only went and said.....

    > It's true that this newsgroup, and many others which are an opened
    > forum, have no rules, but there should be some code of manners, or
    > some type of respect for others.

    In a perfect world yeah.......

    ziggy

    ziggy, Oct 27, 2004