    How can I view these pages without getting this message?
    Is there a setting in Firefox that needs to be tweaked?

    TIA

    Harm Potter, Aug 14, 2006

  2. Harm Potter

    Mumia W. Guest

    On 08/14/2006 06:15 AM, Harm Potter wrote:
    > I get this "This Object Has Been Blocked" message quite often when
    > visiting various web pages.
    > How can I view these pages without getting this message?
    > Is there a setting in Firefox that needs to be tweaked?
    >
    > TIA

    Could you be more specific?

    What kinds of objects are being blocked (flash, applets)?

    On what web page does this occur?

    Mumia W., Aug 15, 2006

  3. Harm Potter

    HPotter Guest

    Mumia W. wrote:
    > On 08/14/2006 06:15 AM, Harm Potter wrote:
    >> I get this "This Object Has Been Blocked" message quite often when
    >> visiting various web pages.
    >> How can I view these pages without getting this message?
    >> Is there a setting in Firefox that needs to be tweaked?
    >>
    >> TIA

    > Could you be more specific?
    >
    > What kinds of objects are being blocked (flash, applets)?
    >
    > On what web page does this occur?

    Here's an example...I tried to open up ap age with a PDF file

    http://www.glennytravel.com/pdfs/SIG-4045-(1)-SeptemberBlues-YY-r_o.pdf

    and I get that error.

    But when I try to open the same page in Internet Explorer, it opens up
    with no problem.

    Not sure what applets are...is that something that I need to install?

    HPotter, Aug 15, 2006
  4. Harm Potter

    = Guest

    =, Aug 15, 2006
  5. Harm Potter

    Mumia W. Guest

    On 08/15/2006 06:46 AM, HPotter wrote:
    > Mumia W. wrote:
    >> On 08/14/2006 06:15 AM, Harm Potter wrote:
    >>> I get this "This Object Has Been Blocked" message quite often when
    >>> visiting various web pages.
    >>> How can I view these pages without getting this message?
    >>> Is there a setting in Firefox that needs to be tweaked?
    >>>
    >>> TIA

    >> Could you be more specific?
    >>
    >> What kinds of objects are being blocked (flash, applets)?
    >>
    >> On what web page does this occur?

    > Here's an example...I tried to open up ap age with a PDF file
    >
    > http://www.glennytravel.com/pdfs/SIG-4045-(1)-SeptemberBlues-YY-r_o.pdf
    >
    > and I get that error.
    >
    > But when I try to open the same page in Internet Explorer, it opens up
    > with no problem.
    >
    > Not sure what applets are...is that something that I need to install?

    Using Firefox 1.5.0.5 on Linux, I was able to download and
    view (in a separate program) the PDF file without any problems.

    Perhaps a virus checker is blocking access to that file. It's
    a simple two-page price list from a travel agent, but it's a
    whopping 713 kb file.

    It's probably a raster image, and that would explain its size,
    but it might also contain a virus or trojan, and that would
    also explain its size. I hope my system wasn't infected; most
    malware targets Windows, so I'm probably safe.

    I don't know why that file is blocked for you except to say
    that it might be for good reason.

    Mumia W., Aug 15, 2006
  6. On 2006-08-15, HPotter <> wrote:

    > Here's an example...I tried to open up ap age with a PDF file
    >
    > http://www.glennytravel.com/pdfs/SIG-4045-(1)-SeptemberBlues-YY-r_o.pdf
    >
    > and I get that error.
    >
    > But when I try to open the same page in Internet Explorer, it opens up
    > with no problem.

    No problems here, using FF-1.5.0.6 on linux. You do have the .pdf plugin
    installed, yes? Check "about:plugins"

    --

    John ()

    John Thompson, Aug 15, 2006