    I haven't been on here in months, what's happened? Tons of spam in here,
    never used to be like that.

    Don't eat the pink fairies....they're poisonous
    doubleS, Mar 28, 2008

    http://improve-usenet.org/

    --
    -bts
    -Friends don't let friends drive Vista
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 28, 2008

  3. doubleS wrote:

    > I haven't been on here in months, what's happened? Tons of spam in here,
    > never used to be like that.

    So filter it. See link in sig.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Mar 28, 2008
  4. doubleS

    chuckie® Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > doubleS wrote:
    >
    > > I haven't been on here in months, what's happened? Tons of spam in here,
    > > never used to be like that.

    > So filter it. See link in sig.
    >
    > --
    > Blinky
    > Killing all posts from Google Groups
    > The Usenet Improvement Project: http://improve-usenet.org

    Being stupid, I can't get NewsProxy to work with my ForteAgent (Version
    4.2). The directions on the web site aren't accurate for my version, or I'm
    just blind, as well as, dumb. Hilfe mich, bitte....
    chuckie®, Mar 29, 2008
  5. doubleS

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya doubleS.

    In <OBbHj.24$oE1.10@trndny09> you wrote:

    > I haven't been on here in months, what's happened? Tons of spam in here,
    > never used to be like that.

    Deja vu?

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952
    Ponder, Mar 29, 2008
  6. chuckie® wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> doubleS wrote:
    >>
    >> > I haven't been on here in months, what's happened? Tons of spam in
    >> > here, never used to be like that.

    >> So filter it. See link in sig.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Blinky
    >> Killing all posts from Google Groups
    >> The Usenet Improvement Project: http://improve-usenet.org
    >>

    > Being stupid, I can't get NewsProxy to work with my ForteAgent (Version
    > 4.2). The directions on the web site aren't accurate for my version, or
    > I'm just blind, as well as, dumb. Hilfe mich, bitte....

    Version should not matter.

    "Note: Instruction on the installation and general operation of the
    various programs discussed here is beyond the scope of this website. The
    Project is about the Google Groups posting problem, and how to obtain
    relief from its symptoms through precision filtering of posts originating
    there. For assistance with the installation and general operation of these
    programs, please utilize the normal channels for such information: their
    documentation (manuals and help files); FAQs and other online resources;
    and, if necessary and those sources have been exhausted, the excellent
    Usenet group news.software.readers."

    --
    Blinky: http://blinkynet.net
    Blinky the Shark, Mar 29, 2008
  7. doubleS

    doubleS Guest

    Thanks,
    It's been so long since I've been in here I'd forgotten everything.

    doubleS, Mar 29, 2008
  8. doubleS

    midjet Guest

    midjet, Mar 29, 2008
  9. doubleS

    philo Guest

    "doubleS" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks,
    > It's been so long since I've been in here I'd forgotten everything.

    hey don't feel bad about forgetting everything.
    my memory is pretty bad too.

    heck last night I made up a long list of 58,030 things I've forgotten

    philo, Mar 29, 2008
  10. doubleS

    Lookout Guest

    On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 07:09:15 -0500, "philo" <> wrote:

    >"doubleS" <> wrote in message
    >> Thanks,
    >> It's been so long since I've been in here I'd forgotten everything.
    >>

    >hey don't feel bad about forgetting everything.
    >my memory is pretty bad too.
    >
    >heck last night I made up a long list of 58,030 things I've forgotten

    uhh...what did you say?
    Lookout, Mar 29, 2008
  11. philo wrote:

    > hey don't feel bad about forgetting everything.
    > my memory is pretty bad too.
    >
    > heck last night I made up a long list of 58,030 things I've
    > forgotten

    I presume by now you've forgot where you put the list.

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 30, 2008
  12. doubleS

    chuckie® Guest

    <snip>
    On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 21:11:08 -0800, Blinky the Shark
    .. Hilfe mich, bitte....

    >Version should not matter.
    >
    >"Note: Instruction on the installation and general operation of the
    >various programs discussed here is beyond the scope of this website. The
    >Project is about the Google Groups posting problem, and how to obtain
    >relief from its symptoms through precision filtering of posts originating
    >there. For assistance with the installation and general operation of these
    >programs, please utilize the normal channels for such information: their
    >documentation (manuals and help files); FAQs and other online resources;
    >and, if necessary and those sources have been exhausted, the excellent
    >Usenet group news.software.readers."

    I think I finally got it. Gonna try to use Agent for a while and see
    how I like it...
    chuckie®, Mar 30, 2008
  13. chuckie® wrote:

    > <snip>
    > On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 21:11:08 -0800, Blinky the Shark
    > . Hilfe mich, bitte....
    >>
    >>Version should not matter.
    >>
    >>"Note: Instruction on the installation and general operation of
    >>the various programs discussed here is beyond the scope of this
    >>website. The Project is about the Google Groups posting problem,
    >>and how to obtain relief from its symptoms through precision
    >>filtering of posts originating there. For assistance with the
    >>installation and general operation of these programs, please
    >>utilize the normal channels for such information: their
    >>documentation (manuals and help files); FAQs and other online
    >>resources; and, if necessary and those sources have been
    >>exhausted, the excellent Usenet group news.software.readers."

    > I think I finally got it. Gonna try to use Agent for a while
    > and see how I like it...

    Glad you got it - I hope - sorted. Sorry I can't run TS for all
    of those programs. :)

    Not a fan of Agent, but I hope the combination works well for you.

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 30, 2008