    I walk around with one of these in my pocket I could jam any network like
    wifi or airport access and so on?

    J.

    Jimmy, Jun 11, 2005

  2. Jimmy schrieb:
    > If I use this http://tinyurl.com/dgqcy my network is totally jammed. I am
    > using a Linksys WRT54GS wireless router and a Compaq Presario R3000
    > notebook. Could there be any way around this interference? Does this mean if
    > I walk around with one of these in my pocket I could jam any network like
    > wifi or airport access and so on?

    Off course an appliance like that jams your wireless network - it
    transmits a full TV videostream using WLAN frquencies!

    --

    Martin Bodenstedt

    www.maboko de / www.die-bodenstedts.de

    Martin Bodenstedt, Jun 12, 2005

  3. Jimmy

    Jimmy Guest

    Martin Bodenstedt wrote:
    > Jimmy schrieb:
    >> If I use this http://tinyurl.com/dgqcy my network is totally jammed.
    >> I am using a Linksys WRT54GS wireless router and a Compaq Presario
    >> R3000 notebook. Could there be any way around this interference?
    >> Does this mean if I walk around with one of these in my pocket I
    >> could jam any network like wifi or airport access and so on?

    > Off course an appliance like that jams your wireless network - it
    > transmits a full TV videostream using WLAN frquencies!
    >>
    >> J.

    That part I think I have learned to comprehend. Along with other devices in
    that range that may or may not cause catastrophic results. I was hoping for
    some input on how this transmitter may effect other networks in it's
    proximity and ways to avoid interference if there are any.

    Thanks to anyone for any comments.

    J.

    Jimmy, Jun 12, 2005