    never "answers" the call.

    Any suggestions? Thank you so much.

    Douglas
    Douglas, May 6, 2004

  2. On 6 May 2004 07:03:56 -0700, (Douglas) wrote:

    ~ We have a Frame Relay from Sprint that is going to be installed in the next
    ~ week or so. We bought two 1721 routers, and two 56K USR modems and the
    ~ necessary rj45-rj45 cables with the rj45-DB25 adapters. We have someone who
    ~ is going to configure these routers for us, but he told me I would need to
    ~ connect the modem to the router so he could dial in and configure it.
    ~
    ~ I installed the modem straight out of the box with the cables and hooked it
    ~ up straight to the console port on the 1721. When I dial in the router
    ~ never "answers" the call.
    ~
    ~ Any suggestions? Thank you so much.
    ~
    ~ Douglas

    Here's my never-fail instructions for hooking up a USR modem
    to a console port:

    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=&rnum=1
    Aaron Leonard, May 6, 2004