    login details to an Xtra account, it won't connect. Anyone seen this happen
    before?

    Rider
    Rider, May 13, 2004

  2. Rider

    Weez Guest

    "Rider" <> wrote in message
    news:c7uf0o$mtv$...
    > Windows XP dialup will connect to Ihug, but if I change the phone number

    and
    > login details to an Xtra account, it won't connect. Anyone seen this

    happen
    > before?

    r ur phone numbers correct?
    Weez, May 13, 2004

  3. Rider

    Rider Guest

    "Weez" <> wrote in message

    > "Rider" <> wrote in message
    > > Windows XP dialup will connect to Ihug, but if I change the phone number

    > and
    > > login details to an Xtra account, it won't connect. Anyone seen this

    > happen
    > > before?
    > >

    > r ur phone numbers correct?

    Yeah, I can check email on Xtramail website using the login details, but it
    wont accpet them when I try and dialup. I'm starting to think this customer
    hasnt paid his Xtra bill LoL

    Rider
    Rider, May 13, 2004
  4. Rider

    colinco Guest

    In article <c7uf0o$mtv$>,
    says...
    > Windows XP dialup will connect to Ihug, but if I change the phone number and
    > login details to an Xtra account, it won't connect. Anyone seen this happen
    > before?
    >
    > Rider

    What response do you get? Check capslock :)
    colinco, May 13, 2004
  5. Rider

    Rider Guest

    "colinco" <> wrote in message
    > In article <c7uf0o$mtv$>,
    > says...
    > > Windows XP dialup will connect to Ihug, but if I change the phone number

    and
    > > login details to an Xtra account, it won't connect. Anyone seen this

    happen
    > > before?
    > >
    > > Rider
    > >

    > What response do you get? Check capslock :)

    It says invalid username/password on this domain. Have checked caps lock etc
    and Xtramail works with these login details. Just not dialup connection.
    Will phone customer and tell him to pay his bill LOL

    Rider
    Rider, May 13, 2004
  6. Rider

    me Guest

    The logon name is not necessarily the same as the mailbox name.

    Me

    me, May 13, 2004
  7. Rider

    Rider Guest

    "me" <> wrote in message
    > The logon name is not necessarily the same as the mailbox name.
    >
    > Me

    Yeah I asked them about that, they said it was definately their login name.
    They didnt know anything about aliases or child accounts. Thanks

    Rider
    Rider, May 13, 2004
  8. Rider wrote:
    > Windows XP dialup will connect to Ihug, but if I change the phone number and
    > login details to an Xtra account, it won't connect. Anyone seen this happen
    > before?

    yep... many a time... might be dialing in to different equipment.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 13, 2004
  9. Rider wrote:
    > Yeah, I can check email on Xtramail website using the login details, but it
    > wont accpet them when I try and dialup. I'm starting to think this customer
    > hasnt paid his Xtra bill LoL

    if this was the case, then you wouldn't be able to check email either.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 13, 2004
  10. Rider wrote:
    > It says invalid username/password on this domain. Have checked caps lock etc
    > and Xtramail works with these login details. Just not dialup connection.
    > Will phone customer and tell him to pay his bill LOL

    probably not gonna work... probably a communication error.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 13, 2004
  11. me wrote:
    > The logon name is not necessarily the same as the mailbox name.

    usually is with Xtra accounts... and if it is only a mailbox, they still
    allow dialups, but charge you $2.50 for the priviledge.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 13, 2004
  12. Rider

    cowboyz Guest

    Rider wrote:
    > Windows XP dialup will connect to Ihug, but if I change the phone
    > number and login details to an Xtra account, it won't connect. Anyone
    > seen this happen before?
    >
    > Rider

    Its that damn 6. I've fallen into this trick a couple of times. xtra will
    connect at 087 but will get a really dodgy connection. should use 0867.
    Ihug only use 087. check the phone number.
    cowboyz, May 13, 2004
  13. Rider

    Jonski Guest

    On Thu, 13 May 2004 12:20:39 +1200, "Rider"
    <> wrote:

    >Windows XP dialup will connect to Ihug, but if I change the phone number and
    >login details to an Xtra account, it won't connect. Anyone seen this happen
    >before?

    Try using Hyperterm to dial and manually enter username/password. If
    you get heiroglyphics after that, then you're looking at raw PPP and a
    successful login.

    Cheers
    Jon
    Jonski, May 13, 2004
  14. In article <c7uf0o$mtv$>,
    says...
    > Windows XP dialup will connect to Ihug, but if I change the phone number and
    > login details to an Xtra account, it won't connect. Anyone seen this happen
    > before?

    What are the settings in the connection properties - protocols etc?
    Patrick Dunford, May 14, 2004
  15. In article <>,
    ! says...
    > On Thu, 13 May 2004 12:20:39 +1200, "Rider"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Windows XP dialup will connect to Ihug, but if I change the phone number and
    > >login details to an Xtra account, it won't connect. Anyone seen this happen
    > >before?

    > Try using Hyperterm to dial and manually enter username/password. If
    > you get heiroglyphics after that, then you're looking at raw PPP and a
    > successful login.

    Have a log recorded on the connection, it will be in the Windows
    directory as ppplog or ppp.log and will show exactly which part of the
    connection failed.
    Patrick Dunford, May 14, 2004