    shortcut icon from the desktop. It lets me delete it but it comes back on
    reboot.

    I'm baffled.
    MajBach1, Jan 30, 2005

  2. MajBach1

    Emrys Davies Guest

    Try deleting it from C:\WINDOWS\Desktop, although I am not familiar with
    Win. ME.

    Regards,
    Emrys Davies.

    "MajBach1" <> wrote in message
    > WinME. Win Media Player 9.x. 'Just upgraded it [WMP] and I cannot

    remove the

    Emrys Davies, Jan 30, 2005

  3. MajBach1

    Jerry G. Guest

    I think burried somewhere in the properties of Media Player, there is a
    prompt that indicates to create a shortcut on the desktop. If so, remove the
    checkmark.

    This is by memory only, because I may have seen this in the Media Player
    setup.

    I can think of a very much more complex way to stop this, but see if it is
    easily fixable first.

    --

    Greetings,

    Romeo E. Albert
    ============

    Jerry G., Jan 31, 2005
  4. MajBach1

    MajBach1 Guest

    Tried both suggestions. Stupid thing is still there. Any more ideas fellas?

    MajBach1, Jan 31, 2005
  5. MajBach1

    elaich Guest

    "MajBach1" <> wrote in

    > Tried both suggestions. Stupid thing is still there. Any more ideas
    > fellas?

    Just say "no" to WMP? Who the hell needs it, with it's resource hogging
    behavior and digital rights management?

    www.winamp.com - all the media player you'll ever need.
    elaich, Jan 31, 2005
  6. On 31 Jan 2005 16:08:22 GMT, elaich <> wrote:

    >"MajBach1" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Tried both suggestions. Stupid thing is still there. Any more ideas
    >> fellas?
    >>

    >Just say "no" to WMP? Who the hell needs it, with it's resource hogging
    >behavior and digital rights management?
    >
    >www.winamp.com - all the media player you'll ever need.

    For a quick, light player use BSPlayer http://www.bsplayer.org/

    Swill

    --
    "Local Power Company, how may I assist you today?"

    "My power is going out."

    "Have all your lights gone?"

    "No, just the one in the refrigerator."

    www.userfriendly.org