This is insane!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, Jul 14, 2011.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. RichA

    tony cooper Guest

    On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 20:35:00 -0700, Savageduck
    <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >On 2011-07-13 20:14:07 -0700, RichA <> said:
    >
    >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKpxd8hzOcQ&feature=player_embedded

    >
    >Congratulations. Finally a great on topic post from Rich.
    >
    >It must have killed you having those iMacs in there. ;-)


    Blatant example of product placement.
    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
     
    tony cooper, Jul 14, 2011
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. RichA

    tony cooper Guest

    On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 20:56:42 -0700, Savageduck
    <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >On 2011-07-13 20:46:22 -0700, tony cooper <> said:
    >
    >> On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 20:35:00 -0700, Savageduck
    >> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 2011-07-13 20:14:07 -0700, RichA <> said:
    >>>
    >>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKpxd8hzOcQ&feature=player_embedded
    >>>
    >>> Congratulations. Finally a great on topic post from Rich.
    >>>
    >>> It must have killed you having those iMacs in there. ;-)

    >>
    >> Blatant example of product placement.

    >
    >I guess that goes for everything else in that room.


    It was a joke, son. You Apple people are *so* sensitive.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
     
    tony cooper, Jul 14, 2011
    #3
  4. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    Bruce, Jul 14, 2011
    #4
  5. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Jul 13, 11:35 pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
    wrote:
    > On 2011-07-13 20:14:07 -0700, RichA <> said:
    >
    > >https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKpxd8hzOcQ&feature=player_embedded

    >
    > Congratulations. Finally a great on topic post from Rich.
    >
    > It must have killed you having those iMacs in there. ;-)
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Savageduck


    Not really. I see Apple product placement in every movie and TV show
    going. You get used to it.
     
    RichA, Jul 14, 2011
    #5
  6. RichA

    tony cooper Guest

    On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 08:11:15 -0700 (PDT), RichA <>
    wrote:

    >On Jul 13, 11:35 pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
    >wrote:
    >> On 2011-07-13 20:14:07 -0700, RichA <> said:
    >>
    >> >https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKpxd8hzOcQ&feature=player_embedded

    >>
    >> Congratulations. Finally a great on topic post from Rich.
    >>
    >> It must have killed you having those iMacs in there. ;-)
    >> --
    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Savageduck

    >
    >Not really. I see Apple product placement in every movie and TV show
    >going. You get used to it.


    I was pulling the Duck's chain when I said it was product placement.
    This is clearly not the case. Product placement is done in movies and
    television shows where the exposure in the millions of viewers.

    The products for this project were donated by sponsors or loaned to 2D
    for the project. There's a whole list of sponsors in this YouTube
    clip about the project:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfrmTN0Ly94&feature=related

    A sponsor providing products is different from product placement.
    Product placement is where the manufacturer or an agent of the
    manufacturer goes to the production company and gets the production
    company to agree to use the product by either paying a fee or
    providing a product for use at no charge to the production company.

    When the production company - in this case, 2D - goes to the
    manufacturer or distributor of a product, that is a company looking
    for sponsorship for the project. In some cases, the product isn't
    even identifiable by brand on the screen. That doesn't happen in
    product placement.

    What does confuse me a little about this project is the tie to Penny
    Auctions. 2D evidently does commercials for Penny Auctions (you can
    find them elsewhere on YouTube), but this project doesn't seem to be a
    commercial. Perhaps Penny Auctions was just a sponsor.



    It would be interesting to know what happened to those products after
    the project was completed. There's some expensive stuff in there.
    Did the good stuff go back to the sponsors? Donated to some
    charitable group?





    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
     
    tony cooper, Jul 14, 2011
    #6
  7. Stefan Patric, Jul 14, 2011
    #7
  8. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 7/14/2011 11:52 AM, tony cooper wrote:
    > On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 08:11:15 -0700 (PDT), RichA<>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On Jul 13, 11:35 pm, Savageduck<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>> On 2011-07-13 20:14:07 -0700, RichA<> said:
    >>>
    >>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKpxd8hzOcQ&feature=player_embedded
    >>>
    >>> Congratulations. Finally a great on topic post from Rich.
    >>>
    >>> It must have killed you having those iMacs in there. ;-)
    >>> --
    >>> Regards,
    >>>
    >>> Savageduck

    >>
    >> Not really. I see Apple product placement in every movie and TV show
    >> going. You get used to it.

    >
    > I was pulling the Duck's chain when I said it was product placement.
    > This is clearly not the case. Product placement is done in movies and
    > television shows where the exposure in the millions of viewers.
    >
    > The products for this project were donated by sponsors or loaned to 2D
    > for the project. There's a whole list of sponsors in this YouTube
    > clip about the project:
    > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfrmTN0Ly94&feature=related
    >
    > A sponsor providing products is different from product placement.
    > Product placement is where the manufacturer or an agent of the
    > manufacturer goes to the production company and gets the production
    > company to agree to use the product by either paying a fee or
    > providing a product for use at no charge to the production company.
    >
    > When the production company - in this case, 2D - goes to the
    > manufacturer or distributor of a product, that is a company looking
    > for sponsorship for the project. In some cases, the product isn't
    > even identifiable by brand on the screen. That doesn't happen in
    > product placement.
    >
    > What does confuse me a little about this project is the tie to Penny
    > Auctions. 2D evidently does commercials for Penny Auctions (you can
    > find them elsewhere on YouTube), but this project doesn't seem to be a
    > commercial. Perhaps Penny Auctions was just a sponsor.
    >
    >
    >
    > It would be interesting to know what happened to those products after
    > the project was completed. There's some expensive stuff in there.
    > Did the good stuff go back to the sponsors? Donated to some
    > charitable group?
    >
    >

    I don't know about the subject situation. One of the perks of
    volunteering as marshal at golf events was a chance to buy some
    expensive and slightly used video monitors at well below retail.


    --
    Peter
     
    PeterN, Jul 15, 2011
    #8
  9. RichA

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Jul 14, 4:11 pm, RichA <> wrote:
    > On Jul 13, 11:35 pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > > On 2011-07-13 20:14:07 -0700, RichA <> said:

    >
    > > >https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKpxd8hzOcQ&feature=player_embedded

    >
    > > Congratulations. Finally a great on topic post from Rich.

    >
    > > It must have killed you having those iMacs in there. ;-)
    > > --
    > > Regards,

    >
    > > Savageduck

    >
    > Not really.  I see Apple product placement in every movie and TV show
    > going.  You get used to it.


    You should tell Neil H as he sees the world as a PC world.

    I wonder why these 'shows' do it, Apple doesn;t pay them....
    So it must either be because Macs look better or that they are trying
    to say something
    about the show it'self.
    I see Macs and PCs being used on site when fiming, but I don;t see
    that as product placement.
     
    Whisky-dave, Jul 15, 2011
    #9
  10. RichA

    Whisky-dave Guest

    Whisky-dave, Jul 15, 2011
    #10
  11. John McWilliams, Jul 16, 2011
    #11
  12. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 7/15/2011 5:46 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:
    > On Jul 14, 6:22 pm, Stefan Patric<> wrote:
    >> On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 20:14:07 -0700, RichA wrote:
    >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKpxd8hzOcQ&feature=player_embedded

    >>
    >> Business must be slow. This guy has way too much free time. ;-)
    >>
    >> Stef

    >
    > Yeah but what a fun way to spend that time.... :)


    He's a real fungi.

    --
    Peter
     
    PeterN, Jul 16, 2011
    #12
  13. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 7/15/2011 9:05 PM, John McWilliams wrote:
    > On 7/14/11 PDT 2:28 AM, Bruce wrote:
    >> RichA<> wrote:
    >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKpxd8hzOcQ&feature=player_embedded

    >>
    >>
    >> There's an explanation of how it was done, and why:
    >> http://2dphotography.ca/blog/2011/07/rube-goldberg/
    >>
    >> I was pleased to see that someone had at last found a practical use
    >> for those infernal multi-jointed plastic "tripods" - surely the most
    >> over-hyped photographic accessory of all time. ;-)

    >
    > Nah. It's various flash diffusers that have that medal.......
    >



    Agreed.

    --
    Peter
     
    PeterN, Jul 16, 2011
    #13
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Piccolo

    Taskbar flashing is driving me insane

    Piccolo, Jul 29, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    14,465
    Piccolo
    Aug 7, 2003
  2. Joe

    VX2 driving me insane...

    Joe, Jun 4, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    473
    Proffesor Brian Oblivion
    Jun 4, 2004
  3. fiddaman64

    This is driving me insane

    fiddaman64, Sep 2, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    1,613
    fiddaman64
    Sep 2, 2004
  4. #!

    Driving Me INSANE!!!

    #!, Apr 21, 2005, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    21
    Views:
    936
    Duane Arnold
    Apr 28, 2006
  5. Mike Kohary
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    341
    Mike Kohary
    Jul 16, 2004
Loading...

Share This Page