    BeTu Guest

    You would never know that this is a photo site. There are too many unrelated
    topics being discussed here ! How about it Webmaster !
    BeTu, Apr 15, 2006

  2. BeTu

    Backbone Guest

    "BeTu" <> wrote in message
    news:86a0g.5225$...
    > You would never know that this is a photo site. There are too many

    unrelated
    > topics being discussed here ! How about it Webmaster !

    Not a photo site!! is RPD discussion group!!! Allot of the people here have
    camaraderie with the folks that are regulars - some of the regulars are
    Network Admins, etc i.e. rather then going off to an unknown or perhaps an
    inaccessible group, some will post here - hasn't been an issue until now!
    :) -->Back under the rock you came from!!
    Backbone, Apr 15, 2006

  3. BeTu

    Bill Funk Guest

    On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 13:33:49 -0400, "BeTu" <>
    wrote:

    >You would never know that this is a photo site. There are too many unrelated
    >topics being discussed here ! How about it Webmaster !

    Webmaster???
    This is an unmoderated Usenet group. No webmaster here.
    Usenet is not an orderly place.
    --
    Bill Funk
    replace "g" with "a"
    Bill Funk, Apr 15, 2006
  4. BeTu

    Steve Guest

    It is really hard to ffind a real photo site. There are lots of hobby
    sites.... some good articles might be found. y not suggest a good one
    dear group-starter...i found some articles.. but no one hit me i
    suppose..if i mention it... jitgroups.com/articles ...
    Steve, Apr 15, 2006
  5. BeTu

    Paul Heslop Guest

    BeTu wrote:

    > You would never know that this is a photo site. There are too many unrelated
    > topics being discussed here ! How about it Webmaster !

    It's a GROUP, dipshit
    --
    Paul (Take my hand, I'm standing right here)
    Stop and Look
    Paul Heslop, Apr 15, 2006
  6. BeTu wrote:
    > You would never know that this is a photo site. There are too many unrelated
    > topics being discussed here ! How about it Webmaster !

    This is basically a very good site. Unfortunately,lately, a lot of trash
    has been showing up. Wait a while and it will go away.

    EJ in NJ
    Ernie Willson, Apr 15, 2006
  7. BeTu

    Helen Guest

    "BeTu" <> wrote in message
    > You would never know that this is a photo site. There are too many
    > unrelated
    > topics being discussed here ! How about it Webmaster !

    Site? Webmaster?
    New to this internet thingy are you?
    Helen, Apr 15, 2006
  8. BeTu

    JTS Brown Guest

    "Steve" <> wrote in message
    > It is really hard to ffind a real photo site. There are lots of hobby
    > sites.... some good articles might be found. y not suggest a good one
    > dear group-starter...i found some articles.. but no one hit me i
    > suppose..if i mention it... jitgroups.com/articles ...

    could you repeat this gibberish in English?
    JTS Brown, Apr 15, 2006
  9. BeTu

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Helen wrote:

    > "BeTu" <> wrote in message
    > > You would never know that this is a photo site. There are too many
    > > unrelated
    > > topics being discussed here ! How about it Webmaster !
    > >

    > Site? Webmaster?
    > New to this internet thingy are you?

    Is it possible that these folks are on one of those forum sites? I'm
    sure i did a search for a troll in here and was led to a forum which
    was basically this newsgroup.

    Paul Heslop, Apr 15, 2006
  10. BeTu

    ant Guest

    BeTu wrote:
    > You would never know that this is a photo site. There are too many
    > unrelated topics being discussed here ! How about it Webmaster !

    Site? Webmaster?!
    Troll.

    --
    ant
    Vote in this year's Fugly Awards (better than the Logies!)
    ant, Apr 17, 2006
  11. ant wrote:
    > BeTu wrote:
    >
    >>You would never know that this is a photo site. There are too many
    >>unrelated topics being discussed here ! How about it Webmaster !

    > Site? Webmaster?!
    > Troll.

    Actually, there are some web sites that take newsgroups and present them
    as though they are the web site's own forum (think of Google/Deja News
    but with the Usenet aspect completely obliterated). People who reply via
    the web site don't realize it is a newsgroup (and usually don't know
    what a newsgroup is). I'm not sure that is what happened here but it is
    a possibility. I noticed this a few years ago in another newsgroup.

    --
    - Barry
    Barry L. Wallis, Apr 17, 2006
  12. BeTu

    ernie clyma Guest

    Possibilities

    May be someone knows an internet genius out there that can design a return
    to sender program to get rid of all this garbage that's showing up again.
    ernie clyma, Apr 17, 2006
  13. BeTu

    ½ Confused Guest

    On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 22:41:06 GMT
    In message <6Ee0g.47718$>
    Posted from SBC http://yahoo.sbc.com
    "JTS Brown" <> wrote:

    > "Steve" <> wrote in message
    > > It is really hard to ffind a real photo site. There are lots of hobby
    > > sites.... some good articles might be found. y not suggest a good one
    > > dear group-starter...i found some articles.. but no one hit me i
    > > suppose..if i mention it... jitgroups.com/articles ...
    > >

    > could you repeat this gibberish in English?

    I think he wrote: jsobn, lk jsd h viow hwpodfah lsah s,
    kjds fjhlks olsj lps owqyc uo cpa cmp cnuinlie.

    But I could be wrong...

    Jeff
    ½ Confused, Apr 17, 2006
  14. Re: Possibilities

    "ernie clyma" <> writes:
    > May be someone knows an internet genius out there that can design a
    > return to sender program to get rid of all this garbage that's
    > showing up again.

    It exists ...
    (Google is your friend "retromoderation" is your secret word.)

    However, it is a dirty job, and /if/ somebody does it, the result
    is almost always yet another flame war about freedom of speech
    and so on.

    It is simpler to just to filter the garbage (or ignore it, if you
    can't be bothered with configuring a filter).

    My newsreader silently dumps anything that has passed through
    certain anonymizing servers in the bit-bucket, it also dumps
    anything crossposted to non-photography groups. I see very
    little of the garbage and troll posts you people talk about,
    and once set up, the filters require very little maintenance.
    Sigma SD10, Kodak DCS460, Canon Powershot G5, Olympus 2020Z
    Gisle Hannemyr, Apr 17, 2006