this guy gets paid for computer "advice"

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by alan, Jan 11, 2010.

  1. alan

    alan Guest

    alan, Jan 11, 2010

  2. alan

    richard Guest

    richard, Jan 11, 2010

  3. alan

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 13:26:37 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 13:06:30 -0800, "alan"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>David Einstein, SF Chronicle's Computer Q&A man advises antivirus programs
    >>are not necessary:
    >>http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article/article?f=/c/a/2010/01/10/BUSU1BF14P.DTL
    >>Unbelievable . . .

    > I'd expect an answer like that from chucktard or richard, but... A
    > "Tech Writer"? Seriously?
    >
    > Oh wait, sorry to pull a richard "Mythbusters" crap, he never said
    > he's a tech writer does he?

    "When an ISP has a problem, they call me." - Evan Platt.

    You get paid to sit on your lazy ass all day and post to usenet. None of
    which is informative or interesting.

    richard, Jan 11, 2010
  4. That idiot sounds like Leythos.

    your time.

    The Real Truth MVP, Jan 12, 2010
  5. When he says "just deal with reputable sources"

    your time.

    The Real Truth MVP, Jan 12, 2010
  6. Yes I am.

    your time.

    The Real Truth MVP, Jan 12, 2010
  7. The Fake Truth Not-An-MVP wrote:
    [top-posting fixed]

    > "~BD~" <> wrote:
    >> The Fake Truth Never-An-MVP wrote:
    >>> When he says "just deal with reputable sources"
    >>>

    >> Ah! So, are *you* a reputable source? ;)

    > Yes I am.

    ...which proves right there that you are not.

    --
    The Real Truth: http://www.google.com/search?q=pcbutts1 software thief
    They do NOT have the expertise or knowledge to fix your issue. Do not

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 12, 2010
  8. alan

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-01-11, ~BD~ <> wrote:
    > On 11/01/2010 21:06, alan wrote:
    >> David Einstein, SF Chronicle's Computer Q&A man advises antivirus
    >> programs are not necessary:
    >> http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article/article?f=/c/a/2010/01/10/BUSU1BF14P.DTL
    >>
    >> Unbelievable . .

    > *I* believe him! ;)
    >
    > Do you know Linux users who use AV? If so, which AV software is
    > recommended?

    Unless you're serving email or web pages or other stuff to Windows users,
    there is no point.

    --
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Jan 12, 2010