This group?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by The Old Sourdough, Nov 25, 2006.

  1. Mama Bear <> wrote in

    > Is this group just supposed to be for computer related
    > questions,

    No.

    > or for questions about everything and anything
    > imaginable?

    Yes.

    > Is it like an oracle group in that respect? Like a
    > think tank? :)

    More like a drunk tank, part of the time... :)

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    theoldsourdough at theoldsourdough dot com

    The Old Sourdough, Nov 25, 2006

  2. The Old Sourdough

    Mama Bear Guest

    Is this group just supposed to be for computer related questions, or for
    questions about everything and anything imaginable? Is it like an oracle

    Mama Bear, Nov 25, 2006

  3. On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 17:03:38 -0600, Mama Bear <>
    wrote:

    >Is this group just supposed to be for computer related questions, or for
    >questions about everything and anything imaginable? Is it like an oracle
    >group in that respect? Like a think tank? :)

    Yes, this group is only for computer related questions, preferably
    Windows based, but many people ask questions related to the more
    bizarre operating systems also.

    If you ask questions about things other than computers, they likely
    will not get answered and you will just be wasting your time.

    HTH,

    Altie
    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Nov 25, 2006
  4. The Old Sourdough

    DanR Guest

    Mama Bear wrote:
    > Is this group just supposed to be for computer related questions, or
    > for questions about everything and anything imaginable? Is it like an
    > oracle group in that respect? Like a think tank? :)

    Do Alpacas really exist? I read somewhere on the web that they were just
    photoshopped goats.
    DanR, Nov 25, 2006
  5. On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 23:24:01 GMT, "DanR" <>
    wrote:

    >Mama Bear wrote:
    >> Is this group just supposed to be for computer related questions, or
    >> for questions about everything and anything imaginable? Is it like an
    >> oracle group in that respect? Like a think tank? :)

    >Do Alpacas really exist? I read somewhere on the web that they were just
    >photoshopped goats.

    You are a Photoshopped goat for asking that question after I clearly
    indicated that this group was specifically created for computer
    related questions.

    The Photoshop goat part of your question does not qualify it as
    computer related, it is more of an animal type question.

    Altie
    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Nov 25, 2006
  6. Mama Bear wrote:

    > Like a think tank? :)

    More like a cluster fsck.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....He's so conservative his plane doesn't have a left wing.
    Tattoo Vampire, Nov 25, 2006
  7. The Old Sourdough

    The Doctor Guest

    Mama Bear wrote:
    > Is this group just supposed to be for computer related questions, or for
    > questions about everything and anything imaginable? Is it like an oracle
    > group in that respect? Like a think tank? :)

    The "think tank" is way off the mark. Very little thought goes into a
    lot of answers.
    The Doctor, Nov 25, 2006
  8. The Old Sourdough

    The Doctor Guest

    The Doctor, Nov 25, 2006
  9. The Old Sourdough

    Mama Bear Guest

    The Old Sourdough <dontbother@all> wrote :

    > Mama Bear <> wrote in
    >
    >> Is this group just supposed to be for computer related
    >> questions,

    > No.
    >
    >> or for questions about everything and anything
    >> imaginable?

    > Yes.
    >
    >> Is it like an oracle group in that respect? Like a
    >> think tank? :)

    > More like a drunk tank, part of the time... :)

    LOL!

    --
    - Mama Bear
    Mama Bear, Nov 25, 2006
  10. The Old Sourdough

    Mama Bear Guest

    "DanR" <> wrote :

    > Mama Bear wrote:
    >> Is this group just supposed to be for computer related questions, or
    >> for questions about everything and anything imaginable? Is it like
    >> an oracle group in that respect? Like a think tank? :)

    > Do Alpacas really exist? I read somewhere on the web that they were
    > just photoshopped goats.

    Unfortunately I'm allergic to both, so unable to compare. :)

    --
    - Mama Bear
    Mama Bear, Nov 25, 2006
  11. On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 10:27:04 +1030, The Doctor
    <> wrote:

    >Mama Bear wrote:
    >> Is this group just supposed to be for computer related questions, or for
    >> questions about everything and anything imaginable? Is it like an oracle
    >> group in that respect? Like a think tank? :)
    >>

    >The "think tank" is way off the mark. Very little thought goes into a
    >lot of answers.

    Kind of like very little thought went into your double posting.

    Altie
    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Nov 26, 2006
  12. The Doctor <> wrote in

    > Mama Bear wrote:
    >> Is this group just supposed to be for computer related
    >> questions, or for questions about everything and anything
    >> imaginable? Is it like an oracle group in that respect? Like a
    >> think tank? :)
    >>

    > The "think tank" is way off the mark. Very little thought goes
    > into a lot of answers.

    You're repeating yourself. You're repeating yourself. :)

    The Old Sourdough, Nov 26, 2006
  13. The Old Sourdough

    The Doctor Guest

    Mama Bear wrote:
    > Is this group just supposed to be for computer related questions, or for
    > questions about everything and anything imaginable? Is it like an oracle
    > group in that respect? Like a think tank? :)

    You're going to get a lot of replies that there's nothing in the
    newsgroup title that suggests that it's only for computer support,
    however it's normally used by users who don't know how to, or are to
    lazy to look for specific support newsgroups. Occasionally the group
    attracts non computer questions.
    The Doctor, Nov 26, 2006
  14. On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 10:40:27 +1030, The Doctor
    <> wrote:

    >Mama Bear wrote:
    >> Is this group just supposed to be for computer related questions, or for
    >> questions about everything and anything imaginable? Is it like an oracle
    >> group in that respect? Like a think tank? :)
    >>

    >You're going to get a lot of replies that there's nothing in the
    >newsgroup title that suggests that it's only for computer support,
    >however it's normally used by users who don't know how to, or are to
    >lazy to look for specific support newsgroups. Occasionally the group
    >attracts non computer questions.

    It is the same thing with anything else, The Doctor, people can always
    screw something up.

    This group was created definitively just for computer related
    questions many years ago. Braindead and droopy eyed losers, of
    course, started asking questions not related to computers and even
    more stupid and clueless idiots started answering the questions.

    The trend has never abated over these many years. But, in reality,
    this group was intended to be only for computer questions and could be
    that way again if people would demand it to be that way.

    That way, it could be useful and more directed and professional once
    again.

    Altie
    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Nov 26, 2006
  15. DanR wrote:
    > Mama Bear wrote:
    >> Is this group just supposed to be for computer related questions, or
    >> for questions about everything and anything imaginable? Is it like an
    >> oracle group in that respect? Like a think tank? :)

    > Do Alpacas really exist? I read somewhere on the web that they were just
    > photoshopped goats.

    Can analysis be worthwhile?
    Is the theatre really dead?

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Nov 26, 2006
  16. The Old Sourdough

    Frosty Guest

    On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 10:40:27 +1030 in 24hoursupport.helpdesk a thought
    sat on The Doctor <>'s chest like a vulture,
    I said "Pluck It! And with the feather I'll tickle your throat and you
    can throw it up to me" Said he "I shall" & thus puked:
    >Mama Bear wrote:
    >> Is this group just supposed to be for computer related questions, or for
    >> questions about everything and anything imaginable? Is it like an oracle
    >> group in that respect? Like a think tank? :)
    >>

    >You're going to get a lot of replies that there's nothing in the
    >newsgroup title that suggests that it's only for computer support,
    >however it's normally used by users who don't know how to, or are to
    >lazy to look for specific support newsgroups. Occasionally the group
    >attracts non computer questions.

    And don't forget the people who are too lazy to add that vital second
    "o"
    Frosty, Nov 26, 2006
  17. Mama Bear wrote:
    > Is this group just supposed to be for computer related questions, or for
    > questions about everything and anything imaginable? Is it like an oracle
    > group in that respect? Like a think tank? :)

    More like a think tank without the think.

    --
    So just a tank really.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Nov 26, 2006
  18. The Old Sourdough

    Mama Bear Guest

    Brian H¹© <> wrote :

    > Mama Bear wrote:
    >> Is this group just supposed to be for computer related questions, or
    >> for questions about everything and anything imaginable? Is it like
    >> an oracle group in that respect? Like a think tank? :)
    >>

    > More like a think tank without the think.

    Do you think? :)

    --
    - Mama Bear
    Mama Bear, Nov 26, 2006
  19. The Old Sourdough

    richard Guest

    "Mama Bear" <> wrote in message
    > Is this group just supposed to be for computer related questions, or for
    > questions about everything and anything imaginable? Is it like an oracle
    > group in that respect? Like a think tank? :)

    This newsgroup has the distinction of being one of few where absolutely
    nothing is off topic.
    Got a question? Ask. Someone out there may know the answer or know where to
    point you in the right direction.
    richard, Nov 26, 2006
  20. The Old Sourdough

    Shel-hed Guest

    On 25 Nov 2006 22:12:39 GMT, The Old Sourdough <dontbother@all> wrote:

    >More like a drunk tank, part of the time... :)

    I wuzzes gunna say it wuz a tink thank. :cool:
    Shel-hed, Nov 26, 2006