    Guess I havnt really missed much.

    NZ groups used to be well regarded internationally, and is among the
    top posted to NNTP groups world wide, pity it is such rubbish now.
    Collector»NZ, Mar 7, 2012

  2. Collector»NZ

    bugalugs Guest

    On 7/03/2012 8:11 p.m., Collector»NZ wrote:
    > Same rubbish same cross posting from other groups, dribble coming out
    > both ears of posters its going down hill.
    >
    > Guess I havnt really missed much.
    >
    > NZ groups used to be well regarded internationally, and is among the
    > top posted to NNTP groups world wide, pity it is such rubbish now.

    Welcome back. You must have got your new place sorted. Don't bother with
    the motor racing just yet. It's still off season bickering.

    bugalugs, Mar 7, 2012

  3. In article <d6488f9f-78b3-4850-99af-
    >,
    says...

    > Same rubbish same cross posting from other groups, dribble coming out
    > both ears of posters its going down hill.
    >
    > Guess I havnt really missed much.
    >
    > NZ groups used to be well regarded internationally, and is among the
    > top posted to NNTP groups world wide, pity it is such rubbish now.

    Apart from a scuffle over the Dotcom vs. Stormtroopers incident it's
    been the silence of the grave in here lately.

    Since I filter crossposted stuff and individual.net is good at filtering
    too I see very little rubbish of the spam and x-post variety.

    About the only ng I subscribe to that has any notable traffic volume is
    rec.arts.sf.written.

    <sigh> -P.
    Peter Huebner, Mar 7, 2012
  4. On 7/03/2012 8:11 p.m., Collector»NZ wrote:
    > Same rubbish same cross posting from other groups, dribble coming out
    > both ears of posters its going down hill.
    >
    > Guess I havnt really missed much.
    >
    > NZ groups used to be well regarded internationally, and is among the
    > top posted to NNTP groups world wide, pity it is such rubbish now.

    Maybe, but it's still very useful, and it's a whole lot better now those
    two teenage morons have stopped squabbling about the relative merits of
    Linux & Windows
    Ummmmmmm......., Mar 7, 2012
  5. Collector»NZ

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Ummmmmmm....... wrote:
    > On 7/03/2012 8:11 p.m., Collector»NZ wrote:
    >> Same rubbish same cross posting from other groups, dribble coming out
    >> both ears of posters its going down hill.
    >>
    >> Guess I havnt really missed much.
    >>
    >> NZ groups used to be well regarded internationally, and is among the
    >> top posted to NNTP groups world wide, pity it is such rubbish now.

    > Maybe, but it's still very useful, and it's a whole lot better now
    > those two teenage morons have stopped squabbling about the relative
    > merits of Linux & Windows

    They have? Great! I've not seen any spill-over for a long time (I have them
    killfiled) and was hoping...

    Maybe we can get this group back to it's old glory although.... MY take on
    the [relative] demise of nz.comp is that computers are becoming more and
    more 'home appliances' and less esoteric. Also modern OS's, for all that
    some of us may think, are making life easier for computer users.

    Oh, while I'm here; Anyone want a few Tualatin Celerons in the 1.1 / 1.2GHz
    range, along with a couple 'Slot-T' adapters to run them on (suitable)
    Coppermine slot boards? Oh, and a socket upgrade from the same company to
    upgrade a Coppermine Skt 370 to be Tualatin-capable?

    I paid an arm and a leg for these things several years ago, can't be arsed
    putting them on TM for the pittance that a 'consumer' would pay and can't
    bring myself to throw them out (yet). If anyone wants them they can have
    them for the cost of postage. LOL, I'll throw in a bunch of old SDRAM, most
    of it 128MB sticks, can't vouch for it, it's just sitting there....

    If there's a home for it either reply here of you can get me at
    shaun.at.pukekohe - followed by the @ and gmail.com.
    --
    Shaun.

    cozy little classification in the DSM."
    David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)
    ~misfit~, Mar 7, 2012
  6. Collector»NZ

    Geopelia Guest

    "Collector»NZ" <> wrote in message
    > Same rubbish same cross posting from other groups, dribble coming out
    > both ears of posters its going down hill.
    >
    > Guess I havnt really missed much.
    >
    > NZ groups used to be well regarded internationally, and is among the
    > top posted to NNTP groups world wide, pity it is such rubbish now.

    Kind people still give me advice here

    Geopelia
    Geopelia, Mar 8, 2012
  7. Collector»NZ

    Gordon Guest

    On 2012-03-07, Collector»NZ <> wrote:
    > Same rubbish same cross posting from other groups, dribble coming out
    > both ears of posters its going down hill.
    >
    > Guess I havnt really missed much.
    >
    > NZ groups used to be well regarded internationally, and is among the
    > top posted to NNTP groups world wide, pity it is such rubbish now.

    I discovered some of the UK Linux groups and they strike me as working on
    the problem rather getting to personal abuse. Still Dan C has not "found"
    them yet.
    Gordon, Mar 8, 2012
  8. Collector»NZ

    Gordon Guest

    On 2012-03-07, ~misfit~ <> wrote:
    > Somewhere on teh intarwebs Ummmmmmm....... wrote:
    >> On 7/03/2012 8:11 p.m., Collector»NZ wrote:
    >>> Same rubbish same cross posting from other groups, dribble coming out
    >>> both ears of posters its going down hill.
    >>>
    >>> Guess I havnt really missed much.
    >>>
    >>> NZ groups used to be well regarded internationally, and is among the
    >>> top posted to NNTP groups world wide, pity it is such rubbish now.

    >> Maybe, but it's still very useful, and it's a whole lot better now
    >> those two teenage morons have stopped squabbling about the relative
    >> merits of Linux & Windows

    > They have? Great! I've not seen any spill-over for a long time (I have them
    > killfiled) and was hoping...

    Time usually sees the unwanted leave.

    Remember Bertie? A decade plus ago now.
    Gordon, Mar 8, 2012
  9. Collector»NZ

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Gordon wrote:
    > On 2012-03-07, ~misfit~ <> wrote:
    >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Ummmmmmm....... wrote:

    >>> Maybe, but it's still very useful, and it's a whole lot better now
    >>> those two teenage morons have stopped squabbling about the relative
    >>> merits of Linux & Windows

    >> They have? Great! I've not seen any spill-over for a long time (I
    >> have them killfiled) and was hoping...

    > Time usually sees the unwanted leave.
    >
    > Remember Bertie? A decade plus ago now.

    Heh! Yep, that's going back a bit.

    ~misfit~, Mar 8, 2012
  10. Collector»NZ

    Gib Bogle Guest

    On 7/03/2012 8:11 p.m., Collector»NZ wrote:
    > Same rubbish same cross posting from other groups, dribble coming out
    > both ears of posters its going down hill.
    >
    > Guess I havnt really missed much.
    >
    > NZ groups used to be well regarded internationally, and is among the
    > top posted to NNTP groups world wide, pity it is such rubbish now.

    Thanks for raising the standard.
    Gib Bogle, Mar 9, 2012
  11. Collector»NZ

    Master Tech Guest

    On 7/03/2012 8:11pm, Collector»NZ wrote:

    > Same rubbish same cross posting from other groups, dribble coming out
    > both ears of posters its going down hill.
    >
    > Guess I havnt really missed much.
    >
    > NZ groups used to be well regarded internationally, and is among the
    > top posted to NNTP groups world wide, pity it is such rubbish now.

    Thanks Collector, you are beginning to sound like my flat mate Zipdisk..

    The Consensus from a Number of friends that read this news group stated
    that most here are utter Idiots..

    Do what I did, stick them all in a Kill file, mine is very large now..
    Then you don't have to here all these rants and raves, I wonder what the
    world thinks of the juveniles in this news group, not a very good image
    of New Zealand..
    Master Tech, Mar 11, 2012
  12. Collector»NZ

    Squiggle Guest

    On 11/03/2012 8:33 p.m., Master Tech threw some characters down the
    intarwebs:
    > On 7/03/2012 8:11pm, Collector»NZ wrote:
    >
    >> Same rubbish same cross posting from other groups, dribble coming out
    >> both ears of posters its going down hill.
    >>
    >> Guess I havnt really missed much.
    >>
    >> NZ groups used to be well regarded internationally, and is among the
    >> top posted to NNTP groups world wide, pity it is such rubbish now.

    > Thanks Collector, you are beginning to sound like my flat mate Zipdisk..

    By flatmate (one word normally btw) you mean the one that co-habitates
    the airing closet inside your cranium?

    > The Consensus from a Number of friends that read this news group stated
    > that most here are utter Idiots..

    Woger.. has "a Number of friends that read this newsgroup"? lmfao.

    > Do what I did, stick them all in a Kill file, mine is very large now..

    If you've been putting all the utter Idiots(sic) in there it must have
    around 300 of your own aliases in there by now.

    > Then you don't have to here all these rants and raves, I wonder what the
    > world thinks of the juveniles in this news group, not a very good image
    > of New Zealand..

    I'd be more worried what they think about the cranky old poms if I was you.

    tl;dr: Sigh, another new Woger nym for the killfile.
    Squiggle, Mar 11, 2012
  13. Collector»NZ

    victor Guest

    On 12/03/2012 12:14 a.m., Squiggle wrote:

    > tl;dr: Sigh, another new Woger nym for the killfile.

    I believe you may have fallen for an entertaining parody.
    victor, Mar 11, 2012
  14. On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 10:07:09 +1300, victor <> wrote:

    >On 12/03/2012 12:14 a.m., Squiggle wrote:
    >

    >> tl;dr: Sigh, another new Woger nym for the killfile.

    >I believe you may have fallen for an entertaining parody.

    What a bunch of Stupid Idiots this news group has become.

    Kill Files it like dumping the Radio or TV if you don't like one of the
    news items, seems so stupid to do a 100% kill file because of one
    indecent, that you might not like, it seems to me that the truth hurts

    Its like reading a book and found a paragraph that you don't like so to
    you rip up the book, this is the equivalent to a Kill file.

    Every ones have good and bad times, but you just dont kill every one
    just because of the bad times, seems to me some here have a very bad
    vision of life or lack a life.
    William Brown, Mar 11, 2012
  15. Collector»NZ

    Squiggle Guest

    On 12/03/2012 10:07 a.m., victor threw some characters down the intarwebs:
    > On 12/03/2012 12:14 a.m., Squiggle wrote:
    >

    >> tl;dr: Sigh, another new Woger nym for the killfile.

    > I believe you may have fallen for an entertaining parody.

    You might be right, its lacking the usual x-no-archive... but somebody
    must be bloody bored to do it, and to do it so well.

    --
    The nz.general stupidest statement of 2011 competition leading candidate:
    The USA is no more democratic than is the Peoples Democratic Republic of
    Squiggle, Mar 11, 2012
  16. Collector»NZ

    JohnO Guest

    On Mar 12, 10:07 am, victor <> wrote:
    > On 12/03/2012 12:14 a.m., Squiggle wrote:
    >

    > > tl;dr: Sigh, another new Woger nym for the killfile.

    > I believe you may have fallen for an entertaining parody.

    LOL. But when parody imitates life *so* closely, how can you be sure?
    JohnO, Mar 12, 2012