    ending credits....my newest peeve. Just watched the 92 minute DVD
    "Walking Tall" and 12 minutes of it was end credits. That makes it a 80
    minute movie. Still, 12 minutes of credits is overkill!!
    Digital Dude, Oct 10, 2004

  2. Digital Dude

    What The Guest

    Would you like your name to be cut out of the credits just because they were too long
    and you didn't play a big role in the making of the movie? ... i think not. Do what
    most people do, press the STOP button when the movie is finished.

    What The, Oct 11, 2004

  3. Digital Dude

    Richard C. Guest

    "What The" <> wrote in message
    > Do what most people do, press the STOP button when the movie is
    > finished.

    ============================
    You must miss a lot, then.
    Many movies have something after the end of the credits.
    Richard C., Oct 11, 2004
  4. Digital Dude

    What The Guest

    > ============================
    > You must miss a lot, then.
    > Many movies have something after the end of the credits.

    Every now and again i skip though the credits to see, especially if i've bene told
    there is extra stuff there, but if i haven't seen it then i don't know what i'm
    missing out on so it doesn't worry me.
    What The, Oct 11, 2004
  5. Digital Dude

    Omarichu Guest

    >ending credits....my newest peeve. Just watched the 92 minute DVD
    >"Walking Tall" and 12 minutes of it was end credits. That makes it a 80
    >minute movie. Still, 12 minutes of credits is overkill!!

    I hope you can muster the courage to face this trying time in your life with
    dignity, psycho.
    Omarichu, Oct 11, 2004
  6. Digital Dude

    Richard C. Guest

    "What The" <> wrote in message
    >> ============================
    >> You must miss a lot, then.
    >> Many movies have something after the end of the credits.

    > Every now and again i skip though the credits to see, especially if i've
    > bene told there is extra stuff there, but if i haven't seen it then i
    > don't know what i'm missing out on so it doesn't worry me.

    =======================
    Then why watch ANY movie?
    If you have not seen it.....................

    Richard C., Oct 11, 2004
  7. Digital Dude

    Mike Kohary Guest

    What The wrote:
    > "Digital Dude" <> wrote in message
    >> ending credits....my newest peeve. Just watched the 92 minute DVD
    >> "Walking Tall" and 12 minutes of it was end credits. That makes it
    >> a 80 minute movie. Still, 12 minutes of credits is overkill!!

    > Would you like your name to be cut out of the credits just because
    > they were too long and you didn't play a big role in the making of
    > the movie? ... i think not. Do what most people do, press the STOP
    > button when the movie is finished.

    I don't think he was complaining he had to watch them all, but rather that
    the running time of the movie is misleading.

    Mike Kohary, Oct 11, 2004
  8. Digital Dude

    WinField Guest

    Richard C. wrote:

    > Then why watch ANY movie?
    > If you have not seen it.....................

    What?

    I don't give a flying farkle about movie credits or cool surprises after
    the endLESS CREDITS of some flick, so why should I want to watch the
    movie itself??

    Because Hollywood spent $40 million making the movie itself?

    Maybe they should flash credits throughout the movie, so I could get
    more value, and protect myself from the hysterical logic of Richard C.

    It's a thought ... {Winfield}
    WinField, Oct 11, 2004
  9. Digital Dude

    Digital Dude Guest

    Omarichu wrote:
    >>ending credits....my newest peeve. Just watched the 92 minute DVD
    >>"Walking Tall" and 12 minutes of it was end credits. That makes it a 80
    >>minute movie. Still, 12 minutes of credits is overkill!!

    > I hope you can muster the courage to face this trying time in your life with
    > dignity, psycho.

    not very trying actually, but a peeve is a peeve. **** the credits for
    who wiped whose asses during the filming of a movie.
    Digital Dude, Oct 12, 2004
  10. Digital Dude

    Richard C. Guest

    "WinField" <> wrote in message

    > Richard C. wrote:
    >
    >> Then why watch ANY movie?
    >> If you have not seen it.....................

    > What?
    >
    > I don't give a flying farkle about movie credits or cool surprises after
    > the endLESS CREDITS of some flick, so why should I want to watch the movie
    > itself??
    >
    > Because Hollywood spent $40 million making the movie itself?
    >
    > Maybe they should flash credits throughout the movie, so I could get more
    > value, and protect myself from the hysterical logic of Richard C.
    >
    > It's a thought ... {Winfield}

    ===================
    It is your choice................
    Richard C., Oct 12, 2004
  11. Digital Dude

    Justin Guest

    WinField wrote on [Mon, 11 Oct 2004 11:01:05 -0700]:

    > Richard C. wrote:
    >
    >> Then why watch ANY movie?
    >> If you have not seen it.....................

    > What?
    >
    > I don't give a flying farkle about movie credits or cool surprises after
    > the endLESS CREDITS of some flick, so why should I want to watch the
    > movie itself??

    Maybe you should go back and read the comments in context. You said you
    don't care about what can sometimes be after the credits because you
    haven't seen it. So why watch anything, as you don't care because you
    haven't seen it.

    > Because Hollywood spent $40 million making the movie itself?

    So, you want to watch a movie because it cost money to make? Does your
    interest in a movie go up at the same rate as the end cost of said
    movie? Does your enjoyment of a movie increase as costs increase?

    > Maybe they should flash credits throughout the movie, so I could get
    > more value, and protect myself from the hysterical logic of Richard C.

    There was logic there, unfortunately you couldn't follow it.
    Justin, Oct 12, 2004
  12. Digital Dude

    Joe McC Guest

    There's a valid point being made somewhere, except the fucking children have
    veered way off topic as usual.....too much Sunny D, methinks.

    To class Walking Tall as running to 92 mins is clearly absurd. The simple &
    honest solution is for studios to exclude end credits from published running
    times.

    That way, as soon as someone sees a mainstream movie with an *actual*
    running time of 80 mins, then you instinctively know it's probably a
    bomb.....
    Joe McC, Oct 12, 2004
  13. Digital Dude

    WinField Guest

    Justin wrote:

    > Maybe you should go back and read the comments in context.

    let's see if you are able to follow your own advice

    > You said you
    > don't care about what can sometimes be after the credits because you
    > haven't seen it.

    actually no - someone else said this
    the flying farkle comment WAS mine -
    no such reason is echoed or given there

    > So why watch anything, as you don't care because you
    > haven't seen it.

    you certainly seem impressed by this argument
    you'll just have to figure this out for yourself
    however, it may be too nuanced for you

    >>Because Hollywood spent $40 million making the movie itself?

    > So, you want to watch a movie because it cost money to make?

    no

    > Does your
    > interest in a movie go up at the same rate as the end cost of said
    > movie?

    no

    > Does your enjoyment of a movie increase as costs increase?

    sometimes

    >>Maybe they should flash credits throughout the movie, so I could get
    >>more value, and protect myself from the hysterical logic of Richard C.

    > There was logic there, unfortunately you couldn't follow it.

    Kiddie, emotional logic.
    Keep this under you hat, but I sometimes fast-forward through scenes
    in movies that I find boring. Or skip around when just checking out a
    movie. It's really DVD's fault with those silly chapter bookmarks.j

    Get over it, Justin,
    Winfield
    WinField, Oct 12, 2004
  14. Digital Dude

    Richard C. Guest

    "WinField" <> wrote in message

    > Keep this under you hat, but I sometimes fast-forward through scenes in
    > movies that I find boring.

    I guess that says it all........................
    Richard C., Oct 13, 2004