This crashed FF every time

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Boris Mohar, Dec 11, 2005.

  1. Boris Mohar

    Boris Mohar Guest

    Boris Mohar, Dec 11, 2005

  2. Leonidas Jones, Dec 11, 2005

  3. Boris Mohar

    Boris Mohar Guest

    On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 04:29:37 GMT, Leonidas Jones <> wrote:

    >Boris Mohar wrote:
    >> Rel 1.5
    >>
    >> http://dkirkham.myby.co.uk/KamelotForever.mp3
    >>

    >Worked fine here. It may be a plugin problem, what do you have
    >associated with mp3's?
    >
    >Lee

    When I click on the link Quicktime kicks in and than they both crash.
    Interestingly when I click on the Quicktime icon on the taskbar it first
    comes up with: "some of the file types associated with blah blah.." I say NO.
    Than it proceeds to load . While it is doing it both of my monitor screens
    flash briefly. Next it displays a message: Couldn't open the file because it
    is not the file the Quicktime understands. It was trying to load mov file.

    Also when I use windows explorer and click on the mp3 file Winamp kicks in
    and plays it properly. I normally use Winamp for mp3 so why is Quicktime
    trying to open the one that is in the web link?

    Windows XP

    Little later. I just updated Quicktime and all is well. I am still curious
    why is it opening mP3 file in the web link.
    --

    Boris Mohar

    Winamp

    --

    Boris Mohar
    Boris Mohar, Dec 11, 2005
  4. Boris Mohar wrote:
    > On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 04:29:37 GMT, Leonidas Jones <> wrote:
    >
    >> Boris Mohar wrote:
    >>> Rel 1.5
    >>>
    >>> http://dkirkham.myby.co.uk/KamelotForever.mp3
    >>>

    >> Worked fine here. It may be a plugin problem, what do you have
    >> associated with mp3's?
    >>
    >> Lee

    > When I click on the link Quicktime kicks in and than they both crash.
    > Interestingly when I click on the Quicktime icon on the taskbar it first
    > comes up with: "some of the file types associated with blah blah.." I say NO.
    > Than it proceeds to load . While it is doing it both of my monitor screens
    > flash briefly. Next it displays a message: Couldn't open the file because it
    > is not the file the Quicktime understands. It was trying to load mov file.
    >
    > Also when I use windows explorer and click on the mp3 file Winamp kicks in
    > and plays it properly. I normally use Winamp for mp3 so why is Quicktime
    > trying to open the one that is in the web link?
    >
    > Windows XP
    >
    > Little later. I just updated Quicktime and all is well. I am still curious
    > why is it opening mP3 file in the web link.

    QT is functioning as a plug in in FF. When I click the link, it plays
    in QT. though I had already updated to the latest version.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Dec 12, 2005