    it states that "This copy did not pass genuine validation" I do not have any
    software for this computer.Can someone please help me? Thank you again for
    your time and help.

    =?Utf-8?B?am9uZXNjb3VudHJ5MjAwNw==?=, Jul 29, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?am9uZXNjb3VudHJ5MjAwNw==?=

    Guest

    On Jul 28, 9:14 pm, jonescountry2007
    <> wrote:
    > In addition to my original question, here is a little more information. I
    > hope it's helps. I'm useing Windows XP Professional SP1 ,?is that the same as
    > Windows 2000? And even if it is the same It's still an issue on my computer
    > when on Microsoft Download.com ,in order to update to SP2 or even Vista and
    > other essential updates that I need to have a validated copy of Windows,and
    > it states that "This copy did not pass genuine validation" I do not have any
    > software for this computer.Can someone please help me? Thank you again for
    > your time and help.

    Try linux. It is free.
    http://distrowatch.com/

    So AOL connects to MSN?
    207.46.19.197

    , Jul 29, 2007

  3. What it means is that your computer doesn't have a legal operating system on
    it. Pretty simple, really. The only solution is to put a legal copy on it.
    You can contact MS at the web address suggested (I'd start at:
    http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/selfhelp/Support.aspx?displaylang=en )

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    "jonescountry2007" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 29, 2007
  4. Windows 2000 and Windows XP are different, Windows XP was released
    about 2 years after Windows 2000

    Since the computer was bought at a garage sale and you do not have the
    media, it is probable windows is not legitimate.
    Is there a sticker "Certificate of authenticity" affixed to the
    computer somewhere?
    If not, Windows is most certainly illegitimate.

    It is not uncommon for people to sell computers with illegitimate
    Windows installed.

    You may need to purchase Windows if you want to continue to use
    Windows.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    "jonescountry2007" <> wrote
    in message news:...

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Jul 29, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?am9uZXNjb3VudHJ5MjAwNw==?=

    Guest

    On Jul 28, 11:49 pm, "Jupiter Jones [MVP]"
    <> wrote:
    > Windows 2000 and Windows XP are different, Windows XP was released
    > about 2 years after Windows 2000
    >
    > Since the computer was bought at a garage sale and you do not have the
    > media, it is probable windows is not legitimate.
    > Is there a sticker "Certificate of authenticity" affixed to the
    > computer somewhere?
    > If not, Windows is most certainly illegitimate.
    >
    > It is not uncommon for people to sell computers with illegitimate
    > Windows installed.
    >
    > You may need to purchase Windows if you want to continue to use
    > Windows.
    >
    > --
    > Jupiter Jones [MVP]http://www3.telus.net/dandemarhttp://www.dts-l.org
    >
    > "jonescountry2007" <> wrote
    > in messagenews:...
    >
    > > In addition to my original question, here is a little more
    > > information. I
    > > hope it's helps. I'm useing Windows XP Professional SP1 ,?is that
    > > the same as
    > > Windows 2000? And even if it is the same It's still an issue on my
    > > computer
    > > when on Microsoft Download.com ,in order to update to SP2 or even
    > > Vista and
    > > other essential updates that I need to have a validated copy of
    > > Windows,and
    > > it states that "This copy did not pass genuine validation" I do not
    > > have any
    > > software for this computer.Can someone please help me? Thank you
    > > again for
    > > your time and help.

    Just an FYI, win2kpro doesn't have a validity check.

    , Jul 30, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?am9uZXNjb3VudHJ5MjAwNw==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    He asked about Windows XP Professional SP1 not Windows 2000. He only asked
    if Windows 2000 was the same.

    John Barnes, Jul 30, 2007