this computer has no sound recording capabilities for Skype

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Thufir, May 26, 2007.

  1. Thufir

    Thufir Guest

    I get this message when using the Logitech® USB Desktop Microphone,
    <http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/GB/
    EN,crid=103,contentid=6776>. However, a usb skype "phone" works fine
    when I use that instead.

    I get similar results with a mic which connects directly to the
    soundcard. speakers/headsets work fine from the soundcard.

    The usb mic would appear to be recognized in the control panel, for what
    it's worth.

    It doesn't seem to be a hardware issue, in that at least the soundcard
    speaker jack is working fine. Nor does it appear to be a configuration
    issue in that the usb skype "phone" works fine. so....what is it?

    thanks,

    Thufir

    Thufir, May 26, 2007