Third time's the charm?

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by FYI-Geek101, Mar 31, 2005.

  1. FYI-Geek101

    FYI-Geek101 Guest

    I also recommend the following microsoft press books for
    training.
    Microsoft Press Books About Microsoft Products and
    Technologies at
    NOTE: These press books can be acquired cheaper at
    http://www.ebay.com.

    An excellent compliment to your training is to
    use the free Microsoft Skills Assessments at
    and its always free.

    VERY IMPORTANT:
    Industry use these assessments to measure your skill sets,
    so completing them successfully is in your best interest.

    If you need help, you can also get free detailed Q&A
    support for skills assessments at
    http://disnetinc.com/

    FYI-Geek101

    (31st). Hopefully
    >this time will be it. I really would like to be a MCSA by

    June, which is
    >when I plan to start actively looking for a new job. I'm

    actually feeling
    >confident about it this time. I'm consistently scoring

    above 80% on practice
    >tests, not on the strength of having seen the questions

    before, but on the
    >strength of knowing *why* the correct answer is correct.

    It's feeling good.
    >Free retake after this one if I fsck it up again, so that

    takes some
    >pressure off.
    >
    >As for 70-291, does anyone think that 291 is harder or

    easier than 290? The
    >reason I ask is that the exam cram book for 291 is almost

    200 pages shorter
    >than the one for 290.
    >
    >I realise that it doesn't necessarily follow that less

    material = easier
    >exam, but is there really less to learn for 291?
    >
    >While we're on the subject, I haven't bought a proper

    text for 291 yet. Any
    >recommendations? I've not been impressed with Sybex as

    far as 290 goes.

    FYI-Geek101, Mar 31, 2005