    Your Help, Time and Patience is Greatly Appreciated.

    Thank You,

    Wayne R. Russ

    Wayne R. Russ, May 19, 2004

  2. Wayne R. Russ

    Stuart Guest

    Wayne R. Russ wrote:

    > Hello Everyone,
    >
    > I have just learned about
    >
    > Override Automatic Cookie Handling
    >
    > in IE 6 at
    >
    > Tools/Internet Options/Privacy/Advanced.
    >
    > At that location you can choose Accept, Block, or Prompt or both First Party
    > Cookies and Third Party Cookies. Can / Would someone Please explain the
    > difference between First Party and Third Party cookies for me ? It sounds
    > like I might want some First Party cookies, but Third Party cookies don't
    > sound to pleasant.
    >
    > Your Help, Time and Patience is Greatly Appreciated.
    >
    > Thank You,
    >
    > Wayne R. Russ

    First party cookies originate from the site you are viewing, third party
    cookies come from other sites connected to the one you are viewing,
    usually through ads. Third party cookies are mostly tracking cookies
    which collect information on your viewing habits and then send you
    'relevant' adverts.

    You may find that some sites will not work properly or at all if you
    block these cookies, so be careful. Alternatively you could try a
    different browser which will work better with blocking these types of
    cookies.

    Stuart

    Stuart, May 19, 2004

  3. Thank You Stuart,

    Thank You for your explanation and also for the warning about a blanket
    blocking of Third Party cookies. What I have chosen to do is to Accept all
    First Party cookies and to Prompt for all Third Party cookies. That way if a
    I will know when Third Party cookies are trying to load and when a site may
    not be working I will have a possible cause.

    Your explanation has been a Great Help to me and I do Thank You Very
    Much.

    Wayne R. Russ

    Wayne R. Russ, May 19, 2004