Thinkpad X200 running Vista x64 Wireless problem

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Shay, Oct 3, 2008.

  1. Shay

    Shay Guest

    Hi all,

    I have a problem with my brand new X200 Thinkpad running Vista x64 with
    Intel 5100 AGN card.
    Device manager says everything is OK. Latest drivers are installed. Computer
    does see available wireless networks, but will not connect to any of them.
    I tried a lot of stuff, including:
    1. Changing various card parameters (disabling QOS, ipV6,...)
    2. Updating the registery with a special flag (was suggested somewhere on
    the known problems...)
    3. Removing any security related issues from my router.

    None of these solution work.
    The problem is not with the router (another laptop running Vista 32 manages
    to connect to it).

    Any idea?

    S.

    Shay, Oct 3, 2008

  2. Hi
    Sound like security mismatch that does not let your Wireless to obtain a
    valid IP
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Oct 3, 2008

  3. Shay

    Pavel A. Guest

    What means "Removing any security related issues from my router"?

    --PA

    Pavel A., Oct 3, 2008