Thinkpad Windows Management BRCM NetworkVirtualAdapter Problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by rim111202@yahoo.com.au, Nov 9, 2006.

  1. Guest

    IBM Thinkpad T42
    Windows XP Pro
    Pentium M 735 Centrino Dothan
    1Gb Ram
    80GB Hitachi with 20GB remaining

    I have a T42 with all the standard IBM/Lenovo drivers installed.
    However, I have noticed an event error ID which only seems to happen on

    boot where two errors are generated. I have googled this to death and
    found nothing. The main problem I experience seems to be slow startup,
    like the computer boots into windows, hangs a little and then my
    desktop appears. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

    Details are below
    Event ID 24, WinMngt
    Event provider attempted to register query "SELECT * FROM
    __InstanceDeletionEvent where TargetInstance ISA
    "BRCM_NetworkVirtualAdapter"" whose target class
    "BRCM_NetworkVirtualAdapter" does not exist. The query will be ignored.

    Event ID 24, WinMngt
    Event provider attempted to register query "SELECT * FROM
    __InstanceCreationEvent where TargetInstance ISA
    "BRCM_NetworkVirtualAdapter"" whose target class
    "BRCM_NetworkVirtualAdapter" does not exist. The query will be ignored.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    , Nov 9, 2006