Thinking of upgrading from Windows 95 to Windows Vista Ultimate 64

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Centre Parting, Feb 22, 2009.

  1. ..... made you look.

    As you were.

    Centre Parting, Feb 22, 2009

  2. Centre Parting

    richard Guest

    Then go out and buy a machine that has it built in.
    As machines these days come equipped with a built in "recovery" drive
    rather than a disk.
    I doubt seriously that you could even find an upgrade disk from 95 to
    vista.

    richard, Feb 22, 2009

  3. Centre Parting

    olfart Guest

    "Centre Parting" <> wrote in message
    > .... made you look.
    >
    > As you were.

    that would actually be a .....downgrade

    olfart, Feb 22, 2009
  4. Centre Parting wrote:

    > .... made you look.
    >
    > As you were.

    That would at least need XP as intermediate upgrade on a intermediate box.
    You would get inferior performance, maximum amount of junk dlls and bloat
    in the registry, but be happy don't worry - it will fail most of the times,
    anyway, and here comes Dan C's advice.
    But then, the '386 you have win95 on, will not run the latest slackware.
    Stick with DSL, it will be a nice upgrade as well.

    wisdomkiller & pain, Feb 22, 2009
  5. Centre Parting

    Shel-hed Guest

    On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 10:24:23 -0600, "philo" <> wrote:

    >I have a 386 up in my attic
    >with a 100 meg HD and 16 megs of RAM
    >

    >runs win95 quite well...
    >but to put Vista on that Machine I'd probably have to double the RAM...
    >and double the size of the HD
    >
    >Not only that I'd have to upgrade the cpu from 33 mhz and try to find an AMD
    >386-40
    >
    >not worth it

    Besides, going from 95 to Vista Ultimate is more of a side-grade.

    Shel-hed, Feb 23, 2009
  6. Centre Parting

    thanatoid Guest

    "Centre Parting" <> wrote in

    > .... made you look.
    >
    > As you were.

    Insanity is always fascinating.

    --
    "Who knows what the OP is talking about?"
    (about thanatoid)

    thanatoid, Feb 23, 2009