    receive calls from both lines.

    thnx
    dave

    grumpy, Mar 29, 2006

  2. grumpy

    cjd Guest

    grumpy wrote:
    > Hi Folks
    > Im thinking of trying voipfone.
    > Im looking at getting the ata 1100 from provu.

    Voipfone sell that adapter - if you buy it from them it will arrive
    preconfigured for you.

    > I want to keep my existing landline account with B.Y. for the moment
    > Will I still be able to get calls thru my existing B.Y. phone number when
    > this box is connected or it only recieve calls through voipfone

    Your telephone will ring if a call comes into your old number (from
    the PSTN) and/or from your VoIP number

    > Wll I have to send everyone the new number given to me.

    Only if you want them to call on it - the only advantage of giving out
    your new number would be that other voipfone users calling it would
    then be making a free call.

    > Is there any setting I will have to adjust in the ata box in order to
    > receive calls from both lines.

    Not if you buy it from the provider you'll be using - it should just
    work.

    cjd, Mar 30, 2006

  3. grumpy

    grumpy Guest

    "cjd" <> wrote in message
    > grumpy wrote:
    >> Hi Folks
    >> Im thinking of trying voipfone.
    >> Im looking at getting the ata 1100 from provu.

    > Voipfone sell that adapter - if you buy it from them it will arrive
    > preconfigured for you.
    >
    >> I want to keep my existing landline account with B.Y. for the moment
    >> Will I still be able to get calls thru my existing B.Y. phone number when
    >> this box is connected or it only recieve calls through voipfone

    > Your telephone will ring if a call comes into your old number (from
    > the PSTN) and/or from your VoIP number
    >
    >> Wll I have to send everyone the new number given to me.

    > Only if you want them to call on it - the only advantage of giving out
    > your new number would be that other voipfone users calling it would
    > then be making a free call.
    >
    >> Is there any setting I will have to adjust in the ata box in order to
    >> receive calls from both lines.

    > Not if you buy it from the provider you'll be using - it should just
    > work.
    >

    >> thnx
    >> dave

    Thanks for your reply cjd.
    Just wanted to make sure before I commited.

    dave

    grumpy, Mar 30, 2006