Thinking of Buying MCSE

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Thinking of Buying MCSE, Dec 26, 2003.

  1. Hello from Montana,

    I am thinking of buying the MCSE straight from Microsoft
    without having to pass any of the lower level O/S exams.

    I want to go straight into Exchange security and
    infrastructure design.

    I have been using computers since 1993 and have experience
    with printers and disk drives mostly. I install Office
    apps too but never really used them all that much except
    for resume and spreadsheet equations.

    What kind of salary should I expect to receive once I get
    my MCSE? What kinds of things can i put on my resume that
    sound good even though I have no real world experience?

    I know this is overwhelming amount of questions but i
    assure you good karma if you can gimme any hints.

    Thanks,

    Walter

    Thinking of Buying MCSE, Dec 26, 2003

  2. Thinking of Buying MCSE

    Brat Guest

    hahahaha BUY your MCSE without taking ANY exams? Surely you jest... go
    ahead and try... I am sure the folks at MS need a good laugh too... and find
    a book store soon...

    "Thinking of Buying MCSE" <> wrote in
    message news:00ec01c3cbf3$23b805e0$...

    Brat, Dec 26, 2003

  3. Thinking of Buying MCSE

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >What kind of salary should I expect to receive once I get
    >my MCSE?

    It will never happen, so the question has no meaning.

    > What kinds of things can i put on my resume that
    >sound good even though I have no real world experience?

    You can put on your resume that you are a complete idiot, and hope
    someone takes pity on you. Although I can't see that happening, after
    all Christmas only comes around once a year.

    Kline Sphere, Dec 26, 2003
  4. Thinking of Buying MCSE

    M Guest

    M, Dec 27, 2003
  5. Thinking of Buying MCSE

    Plain Guest

    Walter:

    You can reasonably demand at least $125K a year with your
    qualification and experience! So go ahead and buy your
    MCSE. Btw, I also believe in Santa Claus!

    Plainly Speaking,
    Jane

    Plain , Dec 27, 2003
  6. Thinking of Buying MCSE

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >You can reasonably demand at least $125K a year with your
    >qualification and experience!

    Had Christmas dinner with Elvis this year, he's not so sure he would
    make $125K.

    Kline Sphere, Dec 27, 2003
  7. Thinking of Buying MCSE

    Guest Guest

    How do you suppose you are going to do that? Bribe
    Microsoft? I'm sure they aren't hurting for money right
    now. Nice try.

    Guest, Dec 29, 2003
  8. Thinking of Buying MCSE

    Consultant Guest

    perhaps you will be better off chasing the sheep, since you are in montana

    Consultant, Dec 29, 2003
  9. In order to obtain your MCSE, you must pass the required exams. There is a great deal of study involved and this will take a bit of time. There is no effective shortcut to certification. If you cram for the exams in a boot camp type atmosphere, or just study your brains out for a month or two, you may pass the exams, but the real test will be when you are hired (which appears to be your goal). Without a real understanding of systems engineering/administration you will be in over your head and your lack of knowledge and experience will be obvious ot the employer. When an employer actively seeks and hires someone who possesses an MCSE, they need someone who is highly skilled, technically proficient and experienced. The tests administered by Microsoft that are required to obtain MCSE certification are designed to test for this. In fact, tests are regularly changed, updated and retired in order to ensure that the skills being tested for are relevant to current technology

    The good news is you CAN get your MCSE. I would suggest you start with one of the core exams. There are many books available at your local bookstore to help you out. I prefer Sybex, but there are dozens available. You will need a copy of Windows 2000 Server and Professional. Many books come with a 120 day eval version of Windows 2000 (server or professional) to help you get hands on experience with the product as you study

    As far as your career in the field, you should look for an entry level help desk or deployment team position where they provide training for you to learn your job. You should view a job like this as an opportunity to gain real world experience. A position like this will also serve as the beginning of your resume.

    Good Luck...

    =?Utf-8?B?TWVnYTI0?=, Dec 30, 2003
  10. Thinking of Buying MCSE

    Well Wisher Guest

    Hello Walter,

    This was a nice joke if u were kidding But if were serious
    even for a moment about it I can just Pity you. You need
    to earn it with hardwork and Experience you have put in
    earning it !!! Well for u I would suggest Either wake up
    of u'r dreams else purchase some lottery / lotto tickets
    as earning degree for u just means money !!!

    Good Bye !!!

    Prashant

    Well Wisher, Dec 30, 2003