    IT field and my knowlege of computers is basic. Will the
    MCSE be all I really need or should I also consider other
    certifications?

    Jim, Aug 6, 2003

  2. Jim

    KLXrider Guest

    On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 16:45:45 -0700, "Jim" <> wrote:

    >I maily have been working retail in my 6 year career and I
    >am looking to get out. Since I was 17 I have been looking
    >at taking the MCSE. What I want to know would this be a
    >good thing to go for when I have no other training in the
    >IT field and my knowlege of computers is basic. Will the
    >MCSE be all I really need or should I also consider other
    >certifications?

    If your only 23 go to college and get a degree. An MCSE might help
    you get a job, but a degree will keep you employed longer at a higher
    pay.

    I don't make this stuff up, you would learn it if you took sociology
    (yep billy I'm talking to you).

    KLXrider, MCNGP #18

    KLXrider, Aug 6, 2003

  3. Jim

    Andy Foster Guest

    DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

    Andy Foster, Aug 6, 2003
  4. Jim

    billyw Guest

    i agree..
    but i still maintain that someone just out of college is pretty useless

    billyw, Aug 6, 2003
  5. Jim

    KLXrider Guest

    On 5 Aug 2003 22:09:51 -0700, (Andy Foster)
    wrote:

    >DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

    I think your keyboard is broke.....

    KLXrider, MCNGP #18

    KLXrider, Aug 6, 2003
  6. "billyw" <> wrote in message
    > i agree..
    > but i still maintain that someone just out of college is pretty useless

    Who would you rather have, someone just out of college with a degree in CIS
    and no experience, or a person with an MCSE and no experience?

    --
    Politician Spock
    MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15

    Politician Spock, Aug 6, 2003
  7. "Politician Spock" <> wrote in message
    > "billyw" <> wrote in message
    > > i agree..
    > > but i still maintain that someone just out of college is pretty useless

    > Who would you rather have, someone just out of college with a degree in

    CIS
    > and no experience, or a person with an MCSE and no experience?

    Depends entirely on the college.

    --
    Fris "Thompson Institute of Technology" bee® MCNGP #13

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Aug 6, 2003
  8. Jim

    billyw Guest

    i can answer this question easily.
    because i recently had the choice...

    someone with a degree had expectations beyond their capability and
    usefulness and expected a free lunch.
    the mcse without much experience was motivated, didn't expect the world and
    had a can do attitude.

    > "billyw" <> wrote in message
    > > i agree..
    > > but i still maintain that someone just out of college is pretty useless

    > Who would you rather have, someone just out of college with a degree in

    CIS
    > and no experience, or a person with an MCSE and no experience?
    >
    > --
    > Politician Spock
    > MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15
    > The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

    rights.

    billyw, Aug 6, 2003
  9. Jim

    billyw Guest

    no.. i'm giving you a recent experience.. rather than your half baked made
    up views

    billyw, Aug 6, 2003
  10. "billyw" <> wrote in message
    > no.. i'm giving you a recent experience.. rather than your half baked made
    > up views

    If you had a kid who just graduated High School and wanted to pursue an IT
    career in a market where no one with no experience, no education, or no
    certification is even considered for even the lowest entry level position,
    and no one is even willing to allow your kid to do volunteer work, what
    would you do? Do you advise him to get his MCSE and then go find a job
    (based on your recent experience), or do you advise him to get a college
    degree and then find a job? And why?

    Politician Spock, Aug 6, 2003
  11. Jim

    Consultant Guest

    i tell him to join the frickin military, lol

    Consultant, Aug 6, 2003
  12. Jim

    billyw Guest

    your initial reply was with regard to a comparison about people that had
    specific qualifications.. not about anyones kids..
    no point trying to turn this into something it isn't

    billyw, Aug 6, 2003
  13. Jim

    Consultant Guest

    try this http://tinyurl.com/j7t6

    --
    Consultant, MCNGP Founding Father
    www.mcngp.tk

    Consultant, Aug 6, 2003
  14. "billyw" <> wrote in message
    > which qualification i want my kids to have..
    > a degree, simple.. no contest.
    > but that doesn't negate the fact that in the instance you suggested i'd
    > rather take a motivated simpleton than a ex student who is so far up his

    own
    > arse he'll never see the sun

    I never suggested that. I didn't come into the conversation until *YOU* made
    the claim "but i still maintain that someone just out of college is pretty
    useless". Why would you want your kid to get a college degree if you

    Politician Spock, Aug 6, 2003
  15. Jim

    peter001 Guest

    :)

    I just passed MCP Exam and saved money on it.

    Got the voucher from www.getcertified4less.com

    Here is promotion Code ::*1133 *:: I Used to get extra saving.

    I don't know the expiration of promotin code.

    I thought if some one of you want to save money but using this
    promotion code.

    Good Luck for test.

    ---
    Sign up to get free daily practice questions at: http://www.QoD.US/i-54.htm
    View this thread: http://www.examnotes.net/article1018523.html
    peter001------------------------------------------------------------------------
    peter001's Profile: http://www.examnotes.net/forums/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=198644

    peter001, Aug 6, 2003
  16. Jim

    Maestro Guest

    Which by the way is how most (read as a lot of) people
    break the catch 22 cycle in many industries not just IT.

    message
    >> "billyw" <> wrote in message
    >> > no.. i'm giving you a recent experience.. rather than

    your half baked
    >made
    >> > up views
    >> >

    >> If you had a kid who just graduated High School and

    wanted to pursue an IT
    >> career in a market where no one with no experience, no

    education, or no
    >> certification is even considered for even the lowest

    entry level position,
    >> and no one is even willing to allow your kid to do

    volunteer work, what
    >> would you do? Do you advise him to get his MCSE and

    then go find a job
    >> (based on your recent experience), or do you advise him

    to get a college
    >> degree and then find a job? And why?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Politician Spock
    >> MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15
    >> The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
    >>
    >> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,

    and confers no

    Maestro, Aug 6, 2003
  17. Jim

    billyw Guest

    because there are other people in the world apart from me. and the put a
    deal of store in degrees etc. so i'd prefer my kids had the best start
    possible....
    It's basically my one reason for working

    billyw, Aug 6, 2003
  18. "billyw" <> wrote in message
    > because there are other people in the world apart from me. and the put a
    > deal of store in degrees etc. so i'd prefer my kids had the best start
    > possible....
    > It's basically my one reason for working

    If these "other people in the world... put a deal of store in degrees",
    either they are wrong, or you are wrong maintaining that people just out of
    college are pretty useless.

    Politician Spock, Aug 7, 2003
  19. "billyw" <> wrote in message
    > ok... lets do this slowly..
    > in MY recent experience........
    >
    > what is so hard about this for you to grasp??

    Nothing. I grasped it long ago. As I said before "Glad to see you are basing
    your views of society's workforce on what you experienced from two people.
    You never let me down." The issue continued because you said my views are
    made up and half baked. If you want your kids to get a college education,
    you are basing it on a made up half baked view, because my view is exactly
    the same as what motivates you to want your kids to get a college education.

    Politician Spock, Aug 7, 2003
  20. Jim

    billyw Guest

    i'd agree that many HR depts are run on half baked ideas so therefore i
    agree with your las comments

    but put simply a college education does not instantly make someone suitable
    for all jobs, all it shows is an ability for retention. not for adaptation
    or inovation.
    would you say that someone who has been a car mechanic all his life and
    fully understands the workings of thge internal combustion engine is less
    educated than a brain surgeon...
    they may be leaders in their chosen field therefore they are aware of what
    they are aware of.. college educations should never be taken as a
    significant sign of intelligence.. look at george bush, he has an mba.. that
    is just a sign of wealth

    billyw, Aug 7, 2003