    were a bunch listed, can any recommend a good one? I read
    over the objectives and requirements, and the CompTIA A+
    requires 500 lab hours...how is that accounted for.
    Guest, Feb 11, 2005

  2. Guest

    John O Guest

    A+ attempts to test your hands-on skills, and a lot of the exam leans on
    remembering what you did to configure this or fix that. The "500 hours" spec
    is a reflection of the old standard which was six months work experience in
    the technology.

    Having earned A+ eleven years ago, and taken every version of the exam
    since, and seeing the form of that exam today, I'd pick up somebody's lab
    manual and start working through it. Course Technology has a decent one, I
    think Mike Meyers has one too. The idea is to gain hands-on experience with
    Win 98, Win 2k, the command line, and all manner of hardware.

    If you work in the hardware, the test is fairly easy. If you study from
    books instead, it can be a lot harder. If you learn some multiple-choice
    test strategies, it becomes real easy. ;-)

    -John O
    John O, Feb 18, 2005