Think you know the "Microsoft answer"?

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Laura A. Robinson, Sep 9, 2004.

  1. Laura A. Robinson, Sep 9, 2004

  2. Laura A. Robinson

    RH Guest

    Well referenced, Laura. I, for one, used to think
    the "microsoft answer" way, since I was dealing with
    questions in broad areas with multiple
    forests/domains/trusts and boucoup clients; networks that
    I had never been exposed to in my profession(and still
    haven't). BUT the point of being an MCSE is having the
    capability to design, install, configure, and administer
    THOSE networks as well as the smaller stuff. Otherwise
    one is not worthy of the MCSE title. I wear mine with
    pride even though I still have not met a multi-domain
    model in my work. I'm now married to a single domain, 5
    server, 200 client network.

    ev.asp

    RH, Sep 9, 2004

  3. Gandalf, the White, Sep 9, 2004
  4. circa Thu, 9 Sep 2004 13:58:23 -0700, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, RH
    () said,
    > Well referenced, Laura. I, for one, used to think
    > the "microsoft answer" way, since I was dealing with
    > questions in broad areas with multiple
    > forests/domains/trusts and boucoup clients; networks that
    > I had never been exposed to in my profession(and still
    > haven't). BUT the point of being an MCSE is having the
    > capability to design, install, configure, and administer
    > THOSE networks as well as the smaller stuff.

    That is *exactly* right! That's why, if you look at the target
    audience for the certification, they specify that MCSEs should be
    able to administer *large* environments, not just small ones. In
    fact, people who administer only small environments are not the
    target candidate for the certification. Not that people who
    administer small environments shouldn't certify, mind you- they're
    just not the target for that certification.

    Laura

    -Oscar Wilde

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 9, 2004
  5. circa Thu, 9 Sep 2004 18:09:21 -0300, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Gandalf, the White
    () said,

    > It changed... Someone has pressed F5...

    "How MCP Exams Are Developed

    -Oscar Wilde

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 9, 2004
  6. Laura A. Robinson

    T-Bone Guest

    Explains the strategy behind changing addresses to 1 Microsoft Way.

    T-Bone, Sep 10, 2004
  7. Laura A. Robinson

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, T-Bone climbed on a soapbox & opined:

    > Explains the strategy behind changing addresses to 1 Microsoft Way.

    What does?

    JaR, Sep 10, 2004
  8. The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 10, 2004
  9. Laura A. Robinson

    T-Bone Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote
    > What does?

    The fact that the questions do not always match the real world.

    T-Bone, Sep 10, 2004
  10. Laura A. Robinson

    kpg Guest

    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\145914.htm (9/10/2004 3:45:35

    PM) #
    > "JaR" <> wrote
    > > What does?

    > The fact that the questions do not always match the real world.

    I thought the whole point of the OP was to demonstrate
    that they do indeed reflect the real world?

    Well done too.

    --
    kp "i'd still answer A though" g A+ MCP MCNGP 0x22
    In theory practice is the same as theory.

    kpg, Sep 10, 2004
  11. Laura A. Robinson

    T-Bone Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote
    > I thought the whole point of the OP was to demonstrate
    > that they do indeed reflect the real world?

    True enough. The point is that MS always thinks their way is right whether
    or not its really the way people want to do it.

    T-Bone, Sep 13, 2004
  12. circa Mon, 13 Sep 2004 08:39:54 -0400, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, T-Bone (reply2me@thenewsgroup) said,
    > > I thought the whole point of the OP was to demonstrate
    > > that they do indeed reflect the real world?

    > True enough. The point is that MS always thinks their way is right whether
    > or not its really the way people want to do it.

    Not exactly. It's just that sometimes they put functionality into the
    product that nobody uses, but that Microsoft still needs to test if
    they want to espouse full mastery of the product(s) in question.
    Thus, you end up with a few wonky questions.

    Laura
    -Oscar Wilde

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 13, 2004