things you never in your wildest dreams...

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Vlvetmorning98, Dec 28, 2003.

  1. thought would come to R1.

    for me, that would be the unbelievably strange TV series PINK LADY AND JEFF.

    Vlvetmorning98, Dec 28, 2003

  2. in article , Vlvetmorning98 at
    wrote on 12/28/03 3:53 PM:

    > thought would come to R1.
    >
    > for me, that would be the unbelievably strange TV series PINK LADY AND JEFF.

    I never even thought I would ever hear that phrase again in my lifetime.
    OMG, it's a friggin' box set!

    Good catch...I've got to buy this.

    Whatever happened to Pink "a" Lady?

    MR_ED_of_Course, Dec 29, 2003

  3. Vlvetmorning98

    Mark Spatny Guest

    Vlvetmorning98, says...

    > for me, that would be the unbelievably strange TV series PINK LADY AND JEFF.

    ....considered by TV guide to be one of the 50 worst TV shows of all
    time, right up there with Baby Bob.

    Mark Spatny, Jan 4, 2004
  4. Vlvetmorning98

    Steve Hanson Guest

    Mark Spatny wrote in
    <>:

    >Vlvetmorning98, says...
    >
    >> for me, that would be the unbelievably strange TV series PINK LADY AND JEFF.

    >...considered by TV guide to be one of the 50 worst TV shows of all
    >time, right up there with Baby Bob.

    Well who doesn't bow down before the critical acumen of TV Guide?

    Steve Hanson, Jan 6, 2004
  5. Vlvetmorning98

    Mark Spatny Guest

    Steve Hanson, says...
    > >> for me, that would be the unbelievably strange TV series PINK LADY AND JEFF.

    > >...considered by TV guide to be one of the 50 worst TV shows of all
    > >time, right up there with Baby Bob.

    > Well who doesn't bow down before the critical acumen of TV Guide?

    I'm not saying TV Guide is right or wrong, just mentioning a little bit
    of trivia.

    Mark Spatny, Jan 6, 2004
  6. Mark Spatny wrote:

    >>for me, that would be the unbelievably strange TV series PINK LADY AND JEFF.

    > ...considered by TV guide to be one of the 50 worst TV shows of all
    > time, right up there with Baby Bob.

    But really, when you stop to look at it:
    Didn't PL&J bear a more than frightening resemblance to the kind of
    goofy over-the-top Japanese variety show (complete with desperate
    straining-to-be-wacky male host) that American stars have to guest-star
    on when *they* don't know the language?

    ....Figure we were just giving as goofy as we got. :)

    Derek Janssen (and hey, this was *fifteen years* before Shonen Knife,
    what did we know from idols?)

    Derek Janssen, Jan 6, 2004