Things not going well for Valve and HL2

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by cowboyz, Oct 9, 2003.

  1. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    cowboyz, Oct 9, 2003

  2. cowboyz

    Lebowski Guest

    "cowboyz" <> wrote in message
    news:bm2t62$k3j$...

    > Compromised computers. Stolen source code. End user loses out again.

    Actually the leaked playable beta is up and available on alt.binaries.comp.

    Lebowski, Oct 9, 2003

  3. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    "Lebowski" <> wrote in message

    > "cowboyz" <> wrote in message
    > > http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3162074.stm
    > >
    > > Compromised computers. Stolen source code. End user loses out again.
    > >

    > Actually the leaked playable beta is up and available on

    alt.binaries.comp.

    I dont know why people want to play a halfpie hacked up beta. FFS.
    People jump up and down and bitch about bugs in *released* software and then
    jump over themselves 'acquiring' the lastest software out there that isn't
    even finished yet. I just don't get it.

    cowboyz, Oct 9, 2003
  4. cowboyz

    Lebowski Guest

    "cowboyz" <> wrote in message

    > "Lebowski" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "cowboyz" <> wrote in message
    > > > http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3162074.stm
    > > >
    > > > Compromised computers. Stolen source code. End user loses out again.
    > > >

    > > Actually the leaked playable beta is up and available on

    > alt.binaries.comp.
    > >

    > I dont know why people want to play a halfpie hacked up beta. FFS.
    > People jump up and down and bitch about bugs in *released* software and

    then
    > jump over themselves 'acquiring' the lastest software out there that isn't
    > even finished yet. I just don't get it.

    I think it's due to the basic alpha male instinct of "the thrill of the
    chase" - the taboo of trying something that the rest of the gaming community
    don't have. Personally, I have no intention of downloading the 100 x 15mb
    rars, but am interested in any related discussion. But you are right - these
    are probably the same people who would jump up and down about bugs in their
    software, yet are equally forgiving about such taboo acquisitions.

    Unfortunately it seems the game will now be released in April 2004. There is
    an up-side to this though - it's more time for prices to come down for the
    Radeon 9800 Pro so we can play this thing with all the DX9 eyecandy
    enabled!!! :))

    Lebowski, Oct 9, 2003