    1. Advertising

  2. Jose Samuel

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Aug 3, 2004

  3. Jose Samuel

    Doom Guest

    Doom, Aug 3, 2004
  4. Jose Samuel

    Jtyc Guest

    > years that a little bit of good news has to come along now and then. I
    won't
    > hold my breath for the hey days that were the late '90's.

    Hopefully that day will never come. It's because of that tech bubble that
    we have so many retards in this field in the first place.

    Jtyc, Aug 3, 2004
  5. Jose Samuel

    Doom Guest

    > > years that a little bit of good news has to come along now and then. I

    > won't
    > > hold my breath for the hey days that were the late '90's.

    > Hopefully that day will never come. It's because of that tech bubble that
    > we have so many retards in this field in the first place.

    True Dat brother. Preach on.

    Doom, Aug 3, 2004
  6. Jose Samuel

    Ken Bishop Guest

    The real problem is that even when companies start to
    hire, they want multiple cirts not just one, yet most
    companies do no support their IT workers education. The
    IT work force will continue to shrink, until a real
    economic expansion takes hold in the US. Wars dampen
    internal demand; we have spent 200 Billion in Iraq with
    100 more to go and the high price of Oil (the terror
    premium) is now reducing economic growth. Looks like we
    should have finished the War in Afghanistan first before
    spreading out to Iraq and to Iran in the future; thank
    Republicans for a the economy in November.

    articleID=26101016

    Ken Bishop, Aug 3, 2004
  7. Jose Samuel

    Jtyc Guest

    >thank
    > Republicans for a the economy in November.

    The economy is growing.

    Jtyc, Aug 3, 2004
  8. Jose Samuel

    JaR Guest

    Jtyc wrote:
    >>thank
    >>Republicans for a the economy in November.

    > The economy is growing.

    And wages are going up.

    And the price of groceries, fuel, medical care and insurance are all
    going down.

    Life is good!

    Pollyanna

    JaR, Aug 3, 2004
  9. Jose Samuel

    ken bishop Guest

    GDP growth has dropped from 4.5 % annual to 3% annual, due
    to the high cost of Oil. Now that the Government has
    raised the terror alert; due to 3 year old documentation
    look for the terror premium to exact a greater toll on Jobs

    ken bishop, Aug 4, 2004
  10. Jose Samuel

    Jtyc Guest

    > And wages are going up.

    Last time I checked, this was true.

    Jtyc, Aug 4, 2004
  11. Jose Samuel

    Jtyc Guest

    > GDP growth has dropped from 4.5 % annual to 3% annual, due

    3% annual growth is enough to create jobs.

    > raised the terror alert; due to 3 year old documentation

    The documentation is old but it was just discovered two weeks ago. And some
    of the info was updated as recently as January of this year.

    Since this group has routinely taken from 2 to 6 years to plan their
    attacks, I think the information is quite relevant.

    Jtyc, Aug 4, 2004
  12. Jose Samuel

    Kat Guest

    It's a play by Bush to raise popularity. Funny how the same day allt his
    goes on, they open the statue of liberty.

    I was watching an amusing scene on the news, with military personnel and
    armies amrching through the streets, and an absent minded American claims
    "American's are free! We will not let Terrorism bring us down!" or something
    to that affect.

    The irony was amusing :)

    Kat

    Kat, Aug 4, 2004
  13. Jose Samuel

    Jtyc Guest

    > It's a play by Bush to raise popularity. Funny how the same day allt his
    > goes on, they open the statue of liberty.

    That was scheduled to happen. And the statue is a symbolic target, it
    really wouldn't be a tragic loss. (The French gave it to us).

    If they had released the info last week, would it have been for politics?
    Next week? In a month? No matter when it was released, people would be
    complaining about the political motives. Maybe they actually want people to
    be aware of the situation?

    > I was watching an amusing scene on the news, with military personnel and
    > armies amrching through the streets, and an absent minded American claims
    > "American's are free! We will not let Terrorism bring us down!" or

    something
    > to that affect.

    > The irony was amusing :)

    I would like to know what freedom I have lost as I live here and have yet to
    see stormtroopers come bashing through my door.

    What is it that I cannot do today that I used to be able to do 4 years ago?

    Jtyc, Aug 4, 2004
  14. Jose Samuel

    Ken Bishop Guest

    Well I guess you forgot the government's pervious
    decelerations that it would not raise the terror level
    with out credible evidence of a plot. In reality, if we
    had put 130 thousand troops in Afghanistan first, instead
    of 11,000 before the Iraq war. We might have Osama and his
    men now. But if you do not understand the ideological
    war of the right wing of American politics how can you
    understand what is happing now? Iraq was more important
    to them than 9/11. Now we face stagnation on both wars.
    The terror premium is rising and America could face the
    same stagnation that befell Japan when they thought they
    could supplant the US and rule the world.

    Ken Bishop, Aug 4, 2004
  15. Jose Samuel

    JaR Guest

    Jtyc wrote:
    >>And wages are going up.

    > Last time I checked, this was true.

    Oh?

    Prove it.

    JaR, Aug 4, 2004
  16. Jose Samuel

    JaR Guest

    Jtyc wrote:

    >>GDP growth has dropped from 4.5 % annual to 3% annual, due

    > 3% annual growth is enough to create jobs.

    Nope.

    >>raised the terror alert; due to 3 year old documentation

    > The documentation is old but it was just discovered two weeks ago. And some
    > of the info was updated as recently as January of this year.

    Was just discovered two weeks ago?? Nope.

    > Since this group has routinely taken from 2 to 6 years to plan their
    > attacks, I think the information is quite relevant.

    Gimme a fscking break. Even if we thought it was true, what was the
    point of letting the buggers know we found out by issuing nationwide
    terror alerts? That's just nuts. Then they go to plan B. Or don't you
    think they are capable of a plan B? Why not quietly put the targets
    under suveillance with all of the sophisticated means at the disposal of
    the various departments and try to arrest the bastards? Letting your
    opponent know what you do know, is also letting them know what you don't
    know. Stupid!

    The govt was in possession of the relevent documentation 3-4 years ago.
    This was a publicity stunt.

    And no, just to cut that argument off at the pass, I do not think that
    Kerry/$Otherpolitician would have done any different.

    JaR
    Jaded Thug
    JaR

    JaR, Aug 4, 2004
  17. Jose Samuel

    JaR Guest

    Jtyc wrote:

    >>It's a play by Bush to raise popularity. Funny how the same day allt his
    >>goes on, they open the statue of liberty.

    > That was scheduled to happen. And the statue is a symbolic target, it
    > really wouldn't be a tragic loss. (The French gave it to us).

    Really? The very symbol of our supposed freedoms? No tragic loss?

    That's a convenient rationalizatioon.

    > If they had released the info last week, would it have been for politics?
    > Next week? In a month? No matter when it was released, people would be
    > complaining about the political motives. Maybe they actually want people to
    > be aware of the situation?

    Yes, but the undisputible fact is that it _was_ released in that time
    period, rendering the justifications irrelevant. However, yes,
    considering the manner of the alert, I think the political motives would
    have to be questioned.

    > > I was watching an amusing scene on the news, with military personnel and

    >>armies amrching through the streets, and an absent minded American claims
    >>"American's are free! We will not let Terrorism bring us down!" or

    > something
    >
    >>to that affect.

    >>The irony was amusing :)

    > I would like to know what freedom I have lost as I live here and have yet to
    > see stormtroopers come bashing through my door.

    You are a good little party droid. The stormtroopers do not kick in the
    doors of such as you. The same cannot be said of some that are not as
    politically correct as you.

    > What is it that I cannot do today that I used to be able to do 4 years ago?

    See above.

    JaR

    JaR, Aug 4, 2004
  18. Jose Samuel

    Jtyc Guest

    > Prove it.

    I don't know if this qualifies as proof but as of June, BLS reports Average
    Hourly Earnings +$0.02. Haven't seen July's report yet.

    Jtyc, Aug 4, 2004
  19. Jose Samuel

    Jtyc Guest

    > Well I guess you forgot the government's pervious
    > decelerations that it would not raise the terror level
    > with out credible evidence of a plot.

    Even if the information is 3 years old, why is it not credible?

    > In reality, if

    I wasn't discussing past decisions, only what's happening now.

    Jtyc, Aug 4, 2004
  20. Jose Samuel

    JaR Guest

    Jtyc wrote:
    >>Prove it.

    > I don't know if this qualifies as proof but as of June, BLS reports Average
    > Hourly Earnings +$0.02. Haven't seen July's report yet.

    TWO CENTS?

    WOW!

    How much is gas up over the same period? Or eggs? Or your Health Insurance?

    Or my fscking property taxes?

    Sorry, last one doesn't count I s'pose.

    JaR

    JaR, Aug 4, 2004