    printed photo.
    Any ideas what I can do to solve this problem?

    Regards Brian
    Brian, Oct 10, 2004

  2. could something be touching the paper? Like a roller...or a thread or wire?

    Gene Palmiter, Oct 10, 2004

  3. We had a new Epson Stylus 980 that did the same thing.
    Epson replaced the printer and said that one of the rollers that guided the
    paper was stuck and scraped the paper.
    The previous comments by Gene are valid.
    If the printer is new or within warranty, suggest you try for a replacement.
    Our replacement has been trouble free for about three years now.

    Matthew Dranchak, Oct 11, 2004
  4. Brian

    Drifter Guest

    On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 19:34:31 -0400, "Matthew Dranchak"
    <> wrote:

    >We had a new Epson Stylus 980 that did the same thing.
    >Epson replaced the printer and said that one of the rollers that guided the
    >paper was stuck and scraped the paper.
    >The previous comments by Gene are valid.
    >If the printer is new or within warranty, suggest you try for a replacement.
    >Our replacement has been trouble free for about three years now.

    That's all good, but has anyone told him to try running a head
    cleaning sequence on it yet? Every Epson I've had was a bear about
    that, the heads seemed to clog all of the time creating those lines.

    Drifter
    "I've been here, I've been there..."
    Drifter, Oct 11, 2004
  5. Brian

    Pete Guest

    > That's all good, but has anyone told him to try running a head
    > cleaning sequence on it yet? Every Epson I've had was a bear about
    > that, the heads seemed to clog all of the time creating those lines.
    >
    > Drifter
    > "I've been here, I've been there..."

    Wouldn't that create horizontal lines, not vertical?
    Pete, Oct 11, 2004
  6. But...that would not cause the problem. Nope...a line going the length of
    the paper is more likely the result of something blocking or removing the
    ink....something that doesn't move sideways as the head does.

    Gene Palmiter, Oct 11, 2004
  7. Brian

    Drifter Guest

    On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 17:07:46 -0700, Pete <> wrote:

    >> That's all good, but has anyone told him to try running a head
    >> cleaning sequence on it yet? Every Epson I've had was a bear about
    >> that, the heads seemed to clog all of the time creating those lines.
    >>
    >> Drifter
    >> "I've been here, I've been there..."

    >Wouldn't that create horizontal lines, not vertical?

    Whoops, you are correct. Sheesh I need to get more sleep before I
    answer these posts!

    Drifter
    "I've been here, I've been there..."
    Drifter, Oct 11, 2004