    print drivers on x64. I downloaded it and am waiting for the activation code
    by e-mail. Sounds almost too good to be true...

    Curt.
    =?Utf-8?B?Q3VydG8=?=, Jul 6, 2005

  2. Curto <> wrote:
    > Has anyone tried the Thin Print Demo? It supposedly allows you to
    > use 32 bit print drivers on x64. I downloaded it and am waiting for
    > the activation code by e-mail. Sounds almost too good to be true...
    >
    > Curt.

    http://www.thinprint.com/dotprint/index.php?s=3372&lc=61

    Hi Curt, I'm looking right now at the website
    Looks too good to be true :)
    As I don't have any x64 machine right now, please tell us more about this
    beta version please.

    Thank you

    --
    Christian Hougardy
    (Ruiselde - Belgium)
    Christian Hougardy, Jul 6, 2005

  3. Christian Hougardy wrote:
    > http://www.thinprint.com/dotprint/index.php?s=3372&lc=61
    >
    > Hi Curt, I'm looking right now at the website
    > Looks too good to be true :)

    To me it looks like they reinvented the idea of a device independent
    print language. Postscript does that, PDF does that, and even Microsoft
    has developed a binary encapsulation that does the same.

    So you still need a 32bit system with the printer installed on, I guess.

    Thomas
    Thomas Steffen, Jul 6, 2005