    The Fan gets in the way of the hard drive, the drive can be fitted if you
    move then back and only use 2 screw to hold the drives in..

    Problem can be fixed with 20mm thick fans or less.

    Tony, Jun 20, 2005

  2. Tony

    Bruce Flyger Guest

    Tony wrote:

    > Can any one know were I can get 800mm that are less than 25mm thick
    >

    > A friend got one of those $110 cases that come with a mouse & Keyboard, yes
    > I told him that it was a load of Crap also PSU gets very hot.
    >

    > Problem is when you fit fans at the front of the case it limits the number of
    > hard drives you can fit to One..
    >
    > The Fan gets in the way of the hard drive, the drive can be fitted if you
    > move then back and only use 2 screw to hold the drives in..
    >
    > Problem can be fixed with 20mm thick fans or less.

    The Zalman ZM-OP1 fan is 15mm thin. It's intended to be used in
    conjunction with the Zalman heatpipe coolers, but can be purchased and
    used seperately as a case fan.

    http://zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=88&code=013

    --
    Get Thunderbird <http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/>
    Get Firefox <http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/>

    Bruce Flyger, Jun 20, 2005

  3. Tony

    Tony Guest

    On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 13:38:35 +1200, Bruce Flyger
    <> wrote:

    >Tony wrote:
    >>

    >> Can any one know were I can get 800mm that are less than 25mm thick
    >>

    >> A friend got one of those $110 cases that come with a mouse & Keyboard, yes
    >> I told him that it was a load of Crap also PSU gets very hot.
    >>

    >> Problem is when you fit fans at the front of the case it limits the number of
    >> hard drives you can fit to One..
    >>
    >> The Fan gets in the way of the hard drive, the drive can be fitted if you
    >> move then back and only use 2 screw to hold the drives in..
    >>
    >> Problem can be fixed with 20mm thick fans or less.
    >>

    >The Zalman ZM-OP1 fan is 15mm thin. It's intended to be used in
    >conjunction with the Zalman heatpipe coolers, but can be purchased and
    >used seperately as a case fan.
    >
    >http://zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=88&code=013

    Thanks

    Tony, Jun 20, 2005
  4. Tony

    Matty F Guest

    Tony wrote:

    > Problem is when you fit fans at the front of the case it limits the number of
    > hard drives you can fit to One..

    You can mount fans on the side, or even on top, like this:
    http://tinypic.com/5dp1kk
    (83K jpg)
    Problem is, the fans consume about a kilowatt, thus the room needs its
    own airconditioning which involves more fans. :)

    Matty F, Jun 20, 2005
  5. Tony

    GraB Guest

    On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 12:59:25 +1200, Tony
    <> wrote:

    >Can any one know were I can get 800mm that are less than 25mm thick
    >

    >A friend got one of those $110 cases that come with a mouse & Keyboard, yes
    >I told him that it was a load of Crap also PSU gets very hot.
    >

    >Problem is when you fit fans at the front of the case it limits the number of
    >hard drives you can fit to One..
    >
    >The Fan gets in the way of the hard drive, the drive can be fitted if you
    >move then back and only use 2 screw to hold the drives in..
    >
    >Problem can be fixed with 20mm thick fans or less.

    You won't be ablt to fit an 800mm fan inside the case, even if it was
    10mm thick.

    GraB, Jun 20, 2005
  6. Hi there,

    GraB wrote:
    > On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 12:59:25 +1200, Tony
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Can any one know were I can get 800mm that are less than 25mm thick
    >>

    >>A friend got one of those $110 cases that come with a mouse & Keyboard, yes
    >>I told him that it was a load of Crap also PSU gets very hot.
    >>

    >>Problem is when you fit fans at the front of the case it limits the number of
    >>hard drives you can fit to One..
    >>
    >>The Fan gets in the way of the hard drive, the drive can be fitted if you
    >>move then back and only use 2 screw to hold the drives in..
    >>
    >>Problem can be fixed with 20mm thick fans or less.

    > You won't be ablt to fit an 800mm fan inside the case, even if it was
    > 10mm thick.

    I was just thinking there was something wrong with that diameter!
    800mm is getting into 'small jet turbine fan' territory... :)

    --
    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.

    Chris Wilkinson, Jun 22, 2005