They need proofreaders at Warner Bros....

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Tony, Oct 1, 2003.

  1. Tony

    Tony Guest

    On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 07:15:43 -0700, Sarah Bartholomew
    <> wrote:

    >I picked up a copy of the remastered "Adventures of Robin Hood"
    >yesterday and found two typos on the box, one on the cover. Claude
    >Rains is spelled "Claude Raines", and inside of one the chapter listings
    >spells Much's name as "Munch". Nothing earth-shattering, I just thought
    >I'd mention it.
    >
    >The DVD is pretty cool, though. The movie looks great!
    >
    >Sarah B.

    That's one of my pet peeves. I can understand that typos sometimes
    happen, your average newspaper probably has a dozen a day; but a DVD
    box having two, especially where they spell the actor's name wrong, is
    a bad thing.
    One of the most egregious I've seen is on the plastic wrap for X-Men
    1.5, which included a 'Sneak Peak' of X2. No, it didn't. It may have
    included a sneak peek, but I'm pretty sure there were no mountain caps
    in that package.

    Sarah Bartholomew, Oct 1, 2003

  3. Tony

    Tarkus Guest

    On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 07:15:43 -0700, Sarah Bartholomew wrote:

    > I picked up a copy of the remastered "Adventures of Robin Hood"
    > yesterday and found two typos on the box, one on the cover. Claude
    > Rains is spelled "Claude Raines", and inside of one the chapter listings
    > spells Much's name as "Munch". Nothing earth-shattering, I just thought
    > I'd mention it.

    They must be contracting proofreaders from the porn industry, where it's
    not unusual to find someone's name spelled many different ways on
    different releases.
    --
    "I don't want no volunteers, I don't want no mates. There's too many
    captains on this island. Ten thousand dollars for me by myself. For

    Now playing: the radio

    Tarkus, Oct 1, 2003
  4. >I picked up a copy of the remastered "Adventures of Robin Hood"
    >yesterday and found two typos on the box, one on the cover. Claude
    >Rains is spelled "Claude Raines", and inside of one the chapter listings
    >spells Much's name as "Munch". Nothing earth-shattering, I just thought
    >I'd mention it.
    >
    >The DVD is pretty cool, though. The movie looks great!
    >
    >Sarah B.

    You wasted bandwidth to say that?! - Reinhart

    LASERandDVDfan, Oct 1, 2003
  5. Tony

    Tarkus Guest

    On 01 Oct 2003 21:28:37 GMT, LASERandDVDfan wrote:

    > You wasted bandwidth to say that?! - Reinhart

    And you wasted bandwidth to quote her and say that?
    --
    "I'm sorry, Wendy, but I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five
    days and doesn't die."

    Now playing: the radio

    Tarkus, Oct 1, 2003
  6. Tony

    Max Volume Guest

    In article <>, Sarah Bartholomew
    <> wrote:

    > I picked up a copy of the remastered "Adventures of Robin Hood"
    > yesterday and found two typos on the box, one on the cover. Claude
    > Rains is spelled "Claude Raines", and inside of one the chapter listings
    > spells Much's name as "Munch". Nothing earth-shattering, I just thought
    > I'd mention it.

    I just bought "Eric Clapton & Friends LIVE 1986". Kind of
    disappointing to see "ERIC CLPATON & FRIENDS" scrolling vertically
    along the right-hand edge of the screen.

    Max Volume, Oct 2, 2003
  7. Sarah Bartholomew wrote:

    > I picked up a copy of the remastered "Adventures of Robin Hood"
    > yesterday and found two typos on the box, one on the cover. Claude
    > Rains is spelled "Claude Raines", and inside of one the chapter listings
    > spells Much's name as "Munch". Nothing earth-shattering, I just thought
    > I'd mention it.
    >
    > The DVD is pretty cool, though. The movie looks great!
    >
    > Sarah B.

    L.A. Story (R1) lists a director's commentary. There was no commentary.

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor

    Grand Inquisitor, Oct 2, 2003
  8. Tony

    shawn Guest

    Grand Inquisitor wrote:
    > Sarah Bartholomew wrote:
    >
    >> I picked up a copy of the remastered "Adventures of Robin Hood"
    >> yesterday and found two typos on the box, one on the cover. Claude
    >> Rains is spelled "Claude Raines", and inside of one the chapter
    >> listings spells Much's name as "Munch". Nothing earth-shattering, I
    >> just thought I'd mention it.
    >>
    >> The DVD is pretty cool, though. The movie looks great!
    >>
    >> Sarah B.
    >>

    > L.A. Story (R1) lists a director's commentary. There was no
    > commentary.

    Maybe the director thought there was nothing worth saying, and that itself
    was a commentary on the project. Open your mind, man.

    shawn, Oct 2, 2003
  9. Tony

    Russell Guest

    Not really, it's all the same labor pool.

    --------------CUT---------------

    Russell, Oct 2, 2003
  10. Tony

    Max Volume Guest

    In article <Kj_eb.51517$>, Grand
    Inquisitor <> wrote:

    > L.A. Story (R1) lists a director's commentary. There was no commentary.

    Thanks for confirming that. My brother's got a PS2 and thought it
    might just be that he doesn't have a "real" DVD player.

    Max Volume, Oct 3, 2003
  11. LASERandDVDfan <> wrote:
    > Sarah Bartholomew <> wrote:

    > > I picked up a copy of the remastered "Adventures of Robin Hood"
    > > yesterday and found two typos on the box, one on the cover.

    > You wasted bandwidth to say that?! - Reinhart

    I don't consider it a waste: I think it's interesting that studios
    don't take more care checking the spellings on their products.
    Especially the spellings of names.

    Witness Columbia's recent _Lawrence of Arabia_ Superbit disc, which
    misspells the name of restorer Robert A. Harris, who -- unlike Rains
    for _The Adventures of Robin Hood_ -- was involved in the creation of
    the disc. (Columbia is supposedly correcting the typo on the next print
    run of the _LoA_ disc.)

    doug

    --

    I can't see the lines I used to think I could read between...

    Douglas Bailey, Oct 6, 2003
  12. In article <>,
    (LASERandDVDfan) wrote:

    > You wasted bandwidth to say that?! - Reinhart

    "Wasted bandwidth"? Are you an idiot!? Just how much bandwidth was
    actually wasted?

    BTW, by your definition your message is wasting bandwidth too.

    Reginald Dwight, Oct 6, 2003