    would.

    The answer I got was that Real Player does not work on x64.

    Duh!

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 16, 2005

  2. Colin Barnhorst

    Mercury Guest

    Geeeze. You don't want to do that. They might actually rewrite it!

    Mercury, Jul 16, 2005

  3. Colin Barnhorst

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 17:50:09 +1200, "Mercury" <> wrote:

    >Geeeze. You don't want to do that. They might actually rewrite it!

    Heaven forbid

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Jul 16, 2005
  4. Colin Barnhorst

    wewa Guest

    I had the same dilemma as you for some time, after they sent me a lame email
    response as you have experienced.
    I have learned that this ng (newsgroup) is way more useful than contacting
    many 3rd party vendors... :(

    Please search for the thread
    subject: Real Player plays?
    dated 6/13/2005 in this ng for how i solved it.

    This is a good introduction to using this ng that many should read:
    http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/IE/community/columns/newsgroups101.mspx

    Netiquette
    As in any community, you will find some people in newsgroups are pleasant,
    some are rude, some are clever, some are dull, some are serious, and some
    are flippant. Also as in any community, there is some kind of code of what
    constitutes appropriate behavior. This is what is meant by Netiquette, in
    other words, Network Etiquette. The most comprehensive guide to Netiquette
    is RFC 1855 (the RFCs, or Requests for Comments, are documents that define
    Internet protocols and rules). Netiquette for newsgroups is found in Section
    3: One-to-Many Communication. While the RFC has many specific suggestions,
    they can be summed up in a few lines:

    . Be conservative in what you send and liberal in what you receive.

    . Don't post to groups that don't deal with the subject of your
    message.

    . Make sure the Subject line of your message actually includes the
    subject of your message, and not just "Help!" or "I have a problem."

    . Don't type in all capitals because that means YOU ARE SHOUTING.

    . Remember that there are real people reading and writing those
    messages.

    . Bear in mind that the RFC is a set of guidelines, not a set of rigid
    rules.

    wewa, Jul 16, 2005
  5. Colin Barnhorst

    John Barnes Guest

    Real Alternative works fine on my machine but I don't use anything fancy.
    Just basic stuff.

    http://fileforum.betanews.com/download/Real_Alternative/1054136293/1

    John Barnes, Jul 16, 2005
  6. Real Player 10.5 installs just fine on X64 (at least on my computer, that
    is). http://www.real.com/ (Select the Free Download Option).

    its possible that because you are running setup from the
    location it is giving problems, try saving it to your hard disk then run
    setup, also ensurey ou are logged on to the machine as an Administrator.

    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 16, 2005
  7. Colin Barnhorst

    Piers James Guest

    don't encourage them to proiduce an x64 version of Realplayer. With any luck
    they will forget about it and Realplayer will die a much deserved death.

    Piers James, Jul 17, 2005
  8. competition is the key to innovation and broader support for the platform.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 17, 2005