These Bee's Don't Sting.....

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mark C, Aug 7, 2003.

  1. Mark C

    Mark C Guest

    Well I went out at lunch time and purchased my lighting set up.

    For the record...the people at Alien Bee's (a division of White
    Lightning....Paul Bluff Inc.) are wonderful to deal with....and truly
    understand the concept of customer service.

    I went with two B800 Flash units (800 effective WS/320 True WS). One 47"
    Octabox soft box and one 48inch white/black shoot thru umbrella and one
    heavy duty 13 ft stand (all for a little over $750) That should be enough
    to get me started for now.

    I can't say enough good things about this company....they have a 60 day...no
    questions asked 100% refund policy (shipping not included)...and a two year
    factory warranty.....and their saleswoman, Lori, was a real sweetheart.

    I suspect the set up will perform as promised......and I am looking forward
    to a weekend of experimentation.

    I am not affiliated with this company in anyway whatsoever.....I'm just
    simply impressed.

    I will let you know how I and the lights perform in the days to come.

    Thanx to everyone who offered advice and opinion.....it was much
    appreciated.

    Ciao,
    Mark C
    Nashville,TN

    PS: Their web site can be found at the following URL:
    http://www.alienbees.com

    Mark C, Aug 7, 2003

  2. Mark C

    Argon3 Guest

    Glad that you've found a company that does what its supposed to do and
    appreciates the fact that customer service means exactly that.
    I've also been making a point of complimenting companies and employees that
    actually DO THEIR JOB well and graciously. It's sad that that has become a
    rarity lately...when you have a problem, a question or a complaint it's usually
    met with indifference or outright hostility. Of course these tough economic
    times just might help some people "get religion" insofar as their attitudes
    toward their customers is concerned...nothing like a wave of layoffs to make
    one re-assess their relationships with their clients!

    argon

    Argon3, Aug 8, 2003