ThermalTake Xaser case...MESSY!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Daniel, Apr 6, 2005.

  1. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    Has anyone else here had experience with this case? Mine is the Xaser 5420A
    model. It looks like a great idea with the fan speed controls, but I don't
    think confusing is a very good word for the assembly....horribly messy would
    be a better way to put it. You have 3 or 4 power leads that go to the power
    supply, 2 that go to each of the fans + the (yellow cord) fan speed control.
    So you've got 2 wires coming off of the fans & plugging into 3 connections,
    doing this for 4 fans, and in the end you're connecting another 2 wires from
    totally different areas to 2 of the fans as well. Then you are dealing with
    fan1 & 2 as normal the whole time but suddenly fan4 starts using the 3rd
    connection & later the other fan is involved again. And in the end you're
    using 6 dials to control 5 fans?

    In all I think they could have REALLY done a better job at some internal
    wiring. Also remember that you've got all of this wiring & splitters being
    stuffed into a normal tower sized case, along with the motherboard & other
    components. Now 1/4 of the case's volume is nothing but the wires for this
    fan control system. I seriously think they could have done MUCH better with
    a control box that just has many of plug-ins on the back of it.

    Also the writer of the manual needs to retake their English classes....they
    give instructions of "please..." "you..." & "it should...." all referring to
    the person assembling the system. Saying please at times is one thing, but
    randomly throwing in "it" when referring to the user just doesn't sound
    right.

    There are 10 types of people in this world...
    ....those who understand binary & those who don't.
    Daniel, Apr 6, 2005

  2. Daniel

    Ghostrider Guest

    Daniel wrote:
    > Has anyone else here had experience with this case? Mine is the Xaser 5420A
    > model. It looks like a great idea with the fan speed controls, but I don't
    > think confusing is a very good word for the assembly....horribly messy would
    > be a better way to put it. You have 3 or 4 power leads that go to the power
    > supply, 2 that go to each of the fans + the (yellow cord) fan speed control.
    > So you've got 2 wires coming off of the fans & plugging into 3 connections,
    > doing this for 4 fans, and in the end you're connecting another 2 wires from
    > totally different areas to 2 of the fans as well. Then you are dealing with
    > fan1 & 2 as normal the whole time but suddenly fan4 starts using the 3rd
    > connection & later the other fan is involved again. And in the end you're
    > using 6 dials to control 5 fans?
    >
    > In all I think they could have REALLY done a better job at some internal
    > wiring. Also remember that you've got all of this wiring & splitters being
    > stuffed into a normal tower sized case, along with the motherboard & other
    > components. Now 1/4 of the case's volume is nothing but the wires for this
    > fan control system. I seriously think they could have done MUCH better with
    > a control box that just has many of plug-ins on the back of it.
    >
    > Also the writer of the manual needs to retake their English classes....they
    > give instructions of "please..." "you..." & "it should...." all referring to
    > the person assembling the system. Saying please at times is one thing, but
    > randomly throwing in "it" when referring to the user just doesn't sound
    > right.

    Concur. The fans run fine and the case is well (better -?)
    ventilated when connecting the fans directly to the PSU leads.
    The Thermaltake fans are quiet enough, even at its rated RPM.
    Ditch the fan control module and free up a 5.25-inch bay.
    Ghostrider, Apr 6, 2005