    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]
    Quote: With the 120mm fan removed, you can see the top of the densely packed aluminum fins. Something that makes the design of the Big Typhoon unique is that it is large enough to be designed as two heatsinks in one! The aluminum fins are actually arranged into two separate groups, which allows for maximum heat dispersal from the six heatpipes.

  2. Silverstrand

    stlava

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    126
    Do those kinds with the leg pipes work better then regular blocks?
    stlava, Jun 27, 2005

  3. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    heat pipes.. do u mean?
    they work well... i don't know how much better though!
    unholy, Jun 27, 2005
  4. Silverstrand

    zachig

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    113
    I don't like Thermaltake fans. They are too noisy, in my opinion!!!
    That's another reason why i'm using watercooling system, I like silence. :lol:
    zachig, Jun 27, 2005
  5. Silverstrand

    werty316

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    96
    I wonder if Thermaltake will make a full copper version though I think the current copper/aluminum version would out perform an all copper version. I think copper can suck up heat faster but can't disperse it faster than aluminum and aluminum can't suck up heat as fast but release it better than copper. I think thats how it goes.... I think...
    werty316, Jun 27, 2005
  6. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Well the old saying is, if you can't get cool air as fast as hot air... theres no point in sucking...
    In a case how ever u should have a equal flow of air comming in, and air going out... my case is even with 3 on the Back (including PSU) and 1 on the top( i hope if Sucks!, i haven't use the case for awhile been doing overlcocking :D)
    2 at the front, and non on the side. now if i were to add i Sucker, then i would not be moving the air fast enough through the case.
    My only solution... Mount two at the bottom and make the top a Blower!
    Blower = Pull out
    Sucker = Pull in
    That labels how a air flow system therortically would work!
    unholy, Jun 27, 2005
  7. Silverstrand

    werty316

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    96
    Good theory I never thought about it like that having equal pushed in and pushed out. Good to know. My case has 2 intake and 2 exhaust well plus the standard PSU intake and exhaust.
    werty316, Jun 27, 2005
  8. Silverstrand

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    The sink really does work very well with little to no noise. I ran one for a while and was extremely pleased with it's performance. It's basicly silent with the supplied fan and there is a option of a VR fan if you need more performance.
    Bio-Hazard, Jun 27, 2005
  9. Silverstrand

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    Here's a pic of the Big Typhoon install in my back-up system.
    [​IMG]
    Bio-Hazard, Jun 27, 2005
  10. Silverstrand

    werty316

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    96
    Very nice Bio-Hazard ever since the Big Typhoon came out I wanna replace my POLO 735
    werty316, Jun 27, 2005
  11. Silverstrand

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    I was surprized at the performance of the thing, with a mild OC of 250x10 on my whinnie, it maxed out at 47c using the 1300 RPM fan. That's pretty good in my book.
    Bio-Hazard, Jun 27, 2005
  12. Silverstrand

    werty316

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    96
    2.6GHz @ 47c damn now that nice. I can't wait hopefully I will upgrade.
    werty316, Jun 27, 2005
  13. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i get 2500+ at 33 C... now thats a good cheapo ater cooler :D
    unholy, Jun 28, 2005
  14. Silverstrand

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    Temps really don't mean alot except to the system that they were taken on. Every system reports temps different and they will also very between like mother boards. I just use them as a guide for the system I'm working on at the time to see if the mods I've done have hurt or helped the temp out at all.
    Bio-Hazard, Jun 28, 2005
  15. Silverstrand

    werty316

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    96
    As long as it doesn its job its ok except for stock HSF. I hate them and have never used them.
    werty316, Jun 28, 2005
  16. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    I am just telling us how good Starter kits are :D (its a review i am doing :D)
    unholy, Jun 29, 2005