    How can you close them, sometimes I am spending more time doing that than
    actually browsing.
    All sorts from penis enlargement to gay dates.
    richardbardsley, Nov 26, 2005

  2. richardbardsley

    Guest Guest

    "richardbardsley" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I am getting lots of popup windows that dont close.
    > How can you close them, sometimes I am spending more time doing that than
    > actually browsing.
    > All sorts from penis enlargement to gay dates.

    Although many sites have popups, they are often geared towards the audience
    that visit that site - so stop visiting porn sites.

    Have you tried the popup blocked built into your browser?

    Have you tried the Google or Yahoo freebie popup blockers?

    You get what you pay for. PopUpCop is better but not free (unfortunately it
    only works with IE).

    If you are getting them from e-mails then you don't have your e-mail client
    properly configured. For Microsoft e-mail clients, configure them to use
    the Restricted Sites security zone (which should be set on High).

    You might consider setting your e-mail client to read e-mails in plain-text
    format instead of HTML (but then the real problem is using the wrong
    security zone).
    Guest, Nov 26, 2005

  3. richardbardsley wrote:
    > I am getting lots of popup windows that dont close.
    > How can you close them, sometimes I am spending more time doing that than
    > actually browsing.
    > All sorts from penis enlargement to gay dates.

    Do you have any sort of firewall?

    --
    Registered Linux User no 240308
    Ubuntu 5.10
    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Nov 26, 2005
  4. richardbardsley

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    richardbardsley spewed forth:
    > I am getting lots of popup windows that dont close.
    > How can you close them, sometimes I am spending more time doing that
    > than actually browsing.
    > All sorts from penis enlargement to gay dates.

    Add a hosts file -
    www.everythingisnt.com/hosts.html

    --
    Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
    still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
    Toolman Tim, Nov 26, 2005
  5. richardbardsley

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Why do you keep asking for advice in here then turn around and not follow
    it? Maybe you should ask your friend who told you about AOL. Is Thaqalain
    your brother?

    pcbutts1, Nov 26, 2005
  6. richardbardsley

    EricP Guest

    On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 16:35:04 -0000, "richardbardsley"
    <> wrote:

    >I am getting lots of popup windows that dont close.
    >How can you close them, sometimes I am spending more time doing that than
    >actually browsing.
    >All sorts from penis enlargement to gay dates.

    They should keep you amused for days then.
    EricP, Nov 26, 2005
  7. richardbardsley

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    EricP spewed forth:
    > On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 16:35:04 -0000, "richardbardsley"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> I am getting lots of popup windows that dont close.
    >> How can you close them, sometimes I am spending more time doing that
    >> than actually browsing.
    >> All sorts from penis enlargement to gay dates.
    >>

    > They should keep you amused for days then.

    LOL!

    Toolman Tim, Nov 26, 2005
  8. richardbardsley

    James Guest

    >I am getting lots of popup windows that dont close.
    > How can you close them, sometimes I am spending more time doing that than
    > actually browsing.
    > All sorts from penis enlargement to gay dates.

    Although i don't beleive a single word of the posts that have been going on
    for the past weeks or so, i thought a comment of:

    "Maybe AOL put popups on your pc?"

    ....would make me smile :)
    James, Nov 26, 2005
  9. richardbardsley

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:43889d05$0$1454$,
    James spewed forth:
    > "richardbardsley" <> wrote in message
    >> I am getting lots of popup windows that dont close.
    >> How can you close them, sometimes I am spending more time doing that
    >> than actually browsing.
    >> All sorts from penis enlargement to gay dates.

    > Although i don't beleive a single word of the posts that have been
    > going on for the past weeks or so, i thought a comment of:
    >
    > "Maybe AOL put popups on your pc?"
    >
    > ...would make me smile :)

    Makes me smile too <g>

    Toolman Tim, Nov 26, 2005
  10. richardbardsley

    TNKEV Guest

    richardbardsley wrote:
    > I am getting lots of popup windows that dont close.
    > How can you close them, sometimes I am spending more time doing that

    than
    > actually browsing.
    > All sorts from penis enlargement to gay dates.

    that is telling of what *you* do online,stop looking at porno!

    DVDs are much better and they won't load a dialer on your DVD player!

    --
    http://www.hostmybb.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=rftg
    B-N-Ps, no B no Ps,no spam, trades,post,chat
    TNKEV, Nov 26, 2005
  11. richardbardsley

    fred-bloggs Guest

    "richardbardsley" <> wrote in

    > I am getting lots of popup windows that dont close.
    > How can you close them, sometimes I am spending more time doing that
    > than actually browsing.
    > All sorts from penis enlargement to gay dates.

    Do they look like this?
    http://www.itc.virginia.edu/desktop/docs/messagepopup/
    Disable windows messenger service

    --
    fred
    fred-bloggs, Nov 26, 2005

    http://www.mediaboy.net/1010100-1100001-1111010/gahk/ ?
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Nov 26, 2005
  13. richardbardsley

    The Shed Guest

    >I am getting lots of popup windows that dont close.
    > How can you close them, sometimes I am spending more time doing that
    > than actually browsing.
    > All sorts from penis enlargement to gay dates.

    By far the most irratating popup i have found so far is yourself Mr
    bardsley
    Put the damn thing back in the box,go back to the shop,explain to them
    that you are far to stupid to own such an advanced piece of
    technology,they will understand--probably give you vouchers you can
    spend in iceland/morrisons etc on some nice christmas lights --santa,all
    his reindeer and all.
    Please try to learn/read
    If not go here
    http://www.silverraven.com/fy.htm