There wouldn't be a problem if people had access to what they want.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Sailor Sam, Jan 6, 2010.

  1. Sailor Sam

    Sailor Sam Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. Sailor Sam

    Sailor Sam Guest

    Sailor Sam, Jan 6, 2010
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Sailor Sam

    Sailor Sam Guest

    Re: There wouldn't be a problem if people had access to what theywant.

    geoff wrote:
    > Sailor Sam wrote:
    >> geoff wrote:
    >>> Sailor Sam wrote:
    >>>> http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/gadgets/3208645/Microsoft-faces-Windows-lawsuit
    >>> Shouldn't those dudes be suing the *PC makers* for not selling them
    >>> PCs without WIndows on ?
    >>>
    >>> geoff
    >>>
    >>>

    >> Why don't you start a class action suit yourself, and find out the
    >> answer?

    >
    > Cos I don't feel that I have the problem that they feel they do ?
    >
    > geoff
    >
    >


    And they feel the problem lies with Microsoft, not with the PC
    manufacturers...
    Sailor Sam, Jan 6, 2010
    #3
  4. Sailor Sam

    Simon Guest

    Re: There wouldn't be a problem if people had access to what theywant.

    On Jan 6, 4:54 pm, Sailor Sam <> wrote:

    > And they feel the problem lies with Microsoft, not with the PC
    > manufacturers...



    Microsoft are certainly enforcing the Windows pre-installation edict
    on the PC Makers, so perhaps they are right to be directing litigation
    at Microsoft. However they are wilfully choosing to purchase units
    that include the OS pre-installed. It will be interesting to see both
    the arguments used within court, and the outcome of this case.

    Alternatively, they could simply purchase PCs from vendors that *do*
    provide units which a choice of OS, hitting the PC manufacturers and
    Microsoft where it hurts the most.
    Simon, Jan 6, 2010
    #4
  5. Sailor Sam

    Gordon Guest

    Re: There wouldn't be a problem if people had access to what they want.

    On 2010-01-06, Simon <> wrote:
    > On Jan 6, 4:54 pm, Sailor Sam <> wrote:
    >
    >> And they feel the problem lies with Microsoft, not with the PC
    >> manufacturers...

    >
    >
    > Microsoft are certainly enforcing the Windows pre-installation edict
    > on the PC Makers, so perhaps they are right to be directing litigation
    > at Microsoft. However they are wilfully choosing to purchase units
    > that include the OS pre-installed. It will be interesting to see both
    > the arguments used within court, and the outcome of this case.


    Ha!

    >
    > Alternatively, they could simply purchase PCs from vendors that *do*
    > provide units which a choice of OS, hitting the PC manufacturers and
    > Microsoft where it hurts the most.


    This is a far more interesting idea. The problem is that people are dumb
    generally, so they buy what is on offer. This is MS attack. Like Henry
    Ford, any colour/OS as lonf as it is black/Ms Windows.

    I would argue that all computers should be sold without and OS. This is then
    offered as an option.
    Gordon, Jan 7, 2010
    #5
  6. Re: There wouldn't be a problem if people had access to what they want.

    In message <>, Allistar wrote:

    > I have owned many computers before (bought brand new) and
    > none of them come with an OS installed.


    Any of them laptops?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jan 8, 2010
    #6
  7. Re: There wouldn't be a problem if people had access to what they want.

    In message <>, Allistar wrote:

    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >
    >> In message <>, Allistar
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have owned many computers before (bought brand new) and
    >>> none of them come with an OS installed.

    >>
    >> Any of them laptops?

    >
    > No.


    Pity. It would be interesting to know where you could get laptops without an
    OS in NZ.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jan 8, 2010
    #7
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. yar
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    1,610
    Juan Carlos \(El fortinero\)
    Sep 21, 2004
  2. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=

    Has anyone had any experience with these people?

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, May 5, 2004, in forum: MCSD
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    438
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere
    May 5, 2004
  3. Judy Burnell
    Replies:
    9
    Views:
    419
    Dave Lear
    Oct 31, 2005
  4. Replies:
    81
    Views:
    1,288
  5. lifestylelink
    Replies:
    10
    Views:
    674
    Ponder
    Aug 12, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page