'Then and Now' - The Pasadena Freeway - Fifty Years - 1956/2006

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Gary Edstrom, Dec 16, 2006.

  1. Gary Edstrom

    Gary Edstrom Guest

    'Then and Now' - The Pasadena Freeway - Fifty Years - 1956/2006

    I had previously posted this picture using a 'Now' picture that was
    taken on an overcast morning. Back on December 2nd, we had one of those
    rare ultra clear days here in Los Angeles and I decided to go out and
    re-take some of my 'Now' pictures.

    http://gbe.dynip.com/Then_And_Now/Pasadena_Freeway_At_Park_Row.JPG

    This is looking north on the southbound Pasadena freeway from the Park
    Row overpass near Dodger stadium. The left hand picture was taken fifty
    years ago in 1956 by my father. The right hand picture was taken
    December 2nd by me.

    Here is my previous posting in this 'Then and Now' catagory:
    http://gbe.dynip.com/Then_And_Now/Hollywood_Freeway_At_Vermont.JPG

    Gary Edstrom
    Gary Edstrom, Dec 16, 2006

  2. Gary Edstrom

    Robert Barr Guest

    Boy, people drove really old cars back then.

    Gary Edstrom wrote:
    > 'Then and Now' - The Pasadena Freeway - Fifty Years - 1956/2006
    >
    > I had previously posted this picture using a 'Now' picture that was
    > taken on an overcast morning. Back on December 2nd, we had one of those
    > rare ultra clear days here in Los Angeles and I decided to go out and
    > re-take some of my 'Now' pictures.

    Pretty cool to have the earlier photos to compare with.
    Robert Barr, Dec 17, 2006

  3. Gary Edstrom

    Frank ess Guest

    Gary Edstrom wrote:
    > 'Then and Now' - The Pasadena Freeway - Fifty Years - 1956/2006
    >
    > I had previously posted this picture using a 'Now' picture that was
    > taken on an overcast morning. Back on December 2nd, we had one of
    > those rare ultra clear days here in Los Angeles and I decided to go
    > out and re-take some of my 'Now' pictures.
    >
    > http://gbe.dynip.com/Then_And_Now/Pasadena_Freeway_At_Park_Row.JPG
    >
    > This is looking north on the southbound Pasadena freeway from the
    > Park
    > Row overpass near Dodger stadium. The left hand picture was taken
    > fifty years ago in 1956 by my father. The right hand picture was
    > taken December 2nd by me.
    >
    > Here is my previous posting in this 'Then and Now' catagory:
    > http://gbe.dynip.com/Then_And_Now/Hollywood_Freeway_At_Vermont.JPG

    More good stuff. Thank you.

    --
    Frank ess
    Frank ess, Dec 17, 2006
  4. Gary Edstrom

    U-Know-Who Guest

    "Gary Edstrom" <> wrote in message
    > 'Then and Now' - The Pasadena Freeway - Fifty Years - 1956/2006
    >
    > I had previously posted this picture using a 'Now' picture that was
    > taken on an overcast morning. Back on December 2nd, we had one of those
    > rare ultra clear days here in Los Angeles and I decided to go out and
    > re-take some of my 'Now' pictures.
    >
    > http://gbe.dynip.com/Then_And_Now/Pasadena_Freeway_At_Park_Row.JPG
    >
    > This is looking north on the southbound Pasadena freeway from the Park
    > Row overpass near Dodger stadium. The left hand picture was taken fifty
    > years ago in 1956 by my father. The right hand picture was taken
    > December 2nd by me.
    >
    > Here is my previous posting in this 'Then and Now' catagory:
    > http://gbe.dynip.com/Then_And_Now/Hollywood_Freeway_At_Vermont.JPG
    >
    > Gary Edstrom

    Cool pics!
    U-Know-Who, Dec 17, 2006
  5. U-Know-Who wrote:
    > "Gary Edstrom" <> wrote in message
    >> 'Then and Now' - The Pasadena Freeway - Fifty Years - 1956/2006
    >>
    >> I had previously posted this picture using a 'Now' picture that was
    >> taken on an overcast morning. Back on December 2nd, we had one of those
    >> rare ultra clear days here in Los Angeles and I decided to go out and
    >> re-take some of my 'Now' pictures.
    >>
    >> http://gbe.dynip.com/Then_And_Now/Pasadena_Freeway_At_Park_Row.JPG
    >>
    >> This is looking north on the southbound Pasadena freeway from the Park
    >> Row overpass near Dodger stadium. The left hand picture was taken fifty
    >> years ago in 1956 by my father. The right hand picture was taken
    >> December 2nd by me.
    >>
    >> Here is my previous posting in this 'Then and Now' catagory:
    >> http://gbe.dynip.com/Then_And_Now/Hollywood_Freeway_At_Vermont.JPG

    > Cool pics!

    Yes, very nice. Gems, in fact. I just saw a demo in PSIII that has an
    Align feature in it.... might be something you'd enjoy.

    --
    john mcwilliams
    John McWilliams, Dec 17, 2006
  6. Gary Edstrom

    Stewy Guest

    In article <>,
    Gary Edstrom <> wrote:

    > 'Then and Now' - The Pasadena Freeway - Fifty Years - 1956/2006
    >
    > I had previously posted this picture using a 'Now' picture that was
    > taken on an overcast morning. Back on December 2nd, we had one of those
    > rare ultra clear days here in Los Angeles and I decided to go out and
    > re-take some of my 'Now' pictures.
    >
    > http://gbe.dynip.com/Then_And_Now/Pasadena_Freeway_At_Park_Row.JPG
    >
    > This is looking north on the southbound Pasadena freeway from the Park
    > Row overpass near Dodger stadium. The left hand picture was taken fifty
    > years ago in 1956 by my father. The right hand picture was taken
    > December 2nd by me.
    >
    > Here is my previous posting in this 'Then and Now' catagory:
    > http://gbe.dynip.com/Then_And_Now/Hollywood_Freeway_At_Vermont.JPG

    Any idea why the 'kink' was introduced on the right ride of the bounding
    fence?
    Stewy, Dec 17, 2006
  7. Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Dec 17, 2006
  8. Gary Edstrom

    George Kerby Guest

    Re: 'Then and Now' - The Pasadena Freeway - Fifty Years -1956/2006

    On 12/16/06 4:30 PM, in article ,
    "Gary Edstrom" <> wrote:

    > 'Then and Now' - The Pasadena Freeway - Fifty Years - 1956/2006
    >
    > I had previously posted this picture using a 'Now' picture that was
    > taken on an overcast morning. Back on December 2nd, we had one of those
    > rare ultra clear days here in Los Angeles and I decided to go out and
    > re-take some of my 'Now' pictures.
    >
    > http://gbe.dynip.com/Then_And_Now/Pasadena_Freeway_At_Park_Row.JPG
    >
    > This is looking north on the southbound Pasadena freeway from the Park
    > Row overpass near Dodger stadium. The left hand picture was taken fifty
    > years ago in 1956 by my father. The right hand picture was taken
    > December 2nd by me.
    >
    > Here is my previous posting in this 'Then and Now' catagory:
    > http://gbe.dynip.com/Then_And_Now/Hollywood_Freeway_At_Vermont.JPG
    >
    > Gary Edstrom

    Keep 'em coming, Gary!

    George Kerby, Dec 17, 2006
  9. Gary Edstrom

    Mueen Nawaz Guest

    Gary Edstrom wrote:
    > 'Then and Now' - The Pasadena Freeway - Fifty Years - 1956/2006
    >
    > I had previously posted this picture using a 'Now' picture that was
    > taken on an overcast morning. Back on December 2nd, we had one of those
    > rare ultra clear days here in Los Angeles and I decided to go out and
    > re-take some of my 'Now' pictures.
    >
    > http://gbe.dynip.com/Then_And_Now/Pasadena_Freeway_At_Park_Row.JPG

    Very nice.

    --
    Don't drink and park, accidents cause people.

    / \/ \ u e e n / \/ a w a z

    anl
    Mueen Nawaz, Dec 17, 2006