    I am just wondering what do you recomend for Theme software? I would like
    to keep it free if I can but if I can not not well.

    Thanks

    Neal, Feb 5, 2006

  2. Check http://www.planetamd64.com in the themes section, you will have to
    register.
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, Feb 5, 2006

  3. On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 08:45:58 -0600, "Neal"
    <> wrote:

    >I am just wondering I would like to play with some themes for my PC but
    >everything I find has a charge to it and I do not even know if I realy want
    >to have the themes or not. Right now I want to play and see what is out
    >there. My one software I own has windowblinds on it but it is for the 32bit
    >version not the 64 so I can not use it.
    >
    >I am just a little worried about some sites because I have heard a spyware
    >issues with some themes.
    >
    >I am just wondering what do you recomend for Theme software? I would like
    >to keep it free if I can but if I can not not well.

    WindowsBlinds 4.5.1 (free version) is installed on my XP x64 machine
    and it works fine. As far as I know, the $20 paid version works fine
    as well.

    Litestep and Blackbox also work but are a bit more of a fiddle to set
    up the way you want it and are sporadically supported these days.

    J. Eric Durbin, Feb 5, 2006
  4. Personally, I'll just say no. And yes, there have been issues with some
    versions, and you're certainly at greater risk of an unexpected and
    undesired piece of malware when you look too hard for free.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 5, 2006
  5. I think the Royale (Energi) theme released by Microsoft works with x64.

    Andre Da Costa, Feb 5, 2006
  6. Neal

    Steve Jain Guest

    <> wrote:

    >I am just wondering I would like to play with some themes for my PC but
    >everything I find has a charge to it and I do not even know if I realy want
    >to have the themes or not. Right now I want to play and see what is out
    >there. My one software I own has windowblinds on it but it is for the 32bit
    >version not the 64 so I can not use it.
    >
    >I am just a little worried about some sites because I have heard a spyware
    >issues with some themes.
    >
    >I am just wondering what do you recomend for Theme software? I would like
    >to keep it free if I can but if I can not not well.
    >
    >Thanks

    Windowblinds (both 4.51 and the 5.xxb) work just fine on my x64 XP
    systems.

    --
    Cheers,
    Steve Jain, Virtual Machine MVP

    Steve Jain, Feb 5, 2006
  7. MS has a few themes for download, go here,

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/Results.aspx?displaylang=en&nr=50

    put 'themes' in the second searchbox and you get four new desktop themes
    plus some 50 web related themes. Not bad, but also not terribly exiting, all
    four desktop themes use the standard 'Silver' color scheme - what I would
    wish for, as I am sure is at the basis of your post, Neal, is a standard
    system interface where the user can play around and experiment with color
    and design elements, like in the old days.

    Having MS supplied themes to substitute for this lack, would require them to
    number in the millions, for the concept to work at all, I'm affraid.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 6, 2006