TheBox Xtra BigTime

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce, Dec 4, 2009.

  1. Anyone within hearing distance using the above configuration with
    current success..??

    Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce, Dec 4, 2009

  2. Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce

    grum Guest

    Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:
    > Anyone within hearing distance using the above configuration with
    > current success..??

    I think so, if I understand your question correctly.
    How can I help?

    grum, Dec 4, 2009

  3. On Fri, 04 Dec 2009 13:58:20 +1300, grum <> wrote:

    >Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:
    >> Anyone within hearing distance using the above configuration with
    >> current success..??

    >I think so, if I understand your question correctly.
    >How can I help?

    Hi .... No joy here for a few weeks now. Perhaps with an occasional
    exception. Just read a forum update which blames Australia, but which
    I don't fully understand.
    Are you experiencing connection problems..?

    I'm using latest Vuze, but may load up a "recommended" client to see
    whether that would improve matters.... given the forum update referred
    to above, I somehow doubt it though.
    Cheers!
    L.

    Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce, Dec 4, 2009
  4. On Fri, 04 Dec 2009 14:47:13 +1300, grum <> wrote:

    >Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:
    >
    >> Hi .... No joy here for a few weeks now. Perhaps with an occasional
    >> exception. Just read a forum update which blames Australia, but which
    >> I don't fully understand.
    >> Are you experiencing connection problems..?

    Hi Grum ..
    Yeah ... status reports "checking" for ages, before timing out.

    >> I'm using latest Vuze, but may load up a "recommended" client to see
    >> whether that would improve matters.... given the forum update referred
    >> to above, I somehow doubt it though.
    >> Cheers!
    >> L.

    >No probs here AFAIK. Using Transmission (OSX). Vuze should be OK though:
    >
    >"Vuze (versions 4.1.0.2, 4.1.0.4, 4.2.0.0 or 4.2.0.2) - Recommended"

    I did wind back Vuze some time ago (to 4.1.0.2), but to no avail. So,
    I'm running 4.3.0.4. again. No probs whatsoever with other sites.
    I do suspect I only became aware of the problem when I shifted to
    Bigtime.
    I haven't yet loaded up an alternate client.

    Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce, Dec 4, 2009
  5. Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce

    Gordon Guest

    On 2009-12-04, Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 04 Dec 2009 14:47:13 +1300, grum <> wrote:
    >
    >>Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi .... No joy here for a few weeks now. Perhaps with an occasional
    >>> exception. Just read a forum update which blames Australia, but which
    >>> I don't fully understand.
    >>> Are you experiencing connection problems..?

    > Hi Grum ..
    > Yeah ... status reports "checking" for ages, before timing out.

    Wild guess. You have port forwading setup correctly. Yes?

    Gordon, Dec 4, 2009
  6. Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:
    > On Fri, 04 Dec 2009 14:47:13 +1300, grum <> wrote:
    >
    >> Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi .... No joy here for a few weeks now. Perhaps with an occasional
    >>> exception. Just read a forum update which blames Australia, but
    >>> which I don't fully understand.
    >>> Are you experiencing connection problems..?

    > Hi Grum ..
    > Yeah ... status reports "checking" for ages, before timing out.
    >
    >>> I'm using latest Vuze, but may load up a "recommended" client to see
    >>> whether that would improve matters.... given the forum update
    >>> referred to above, I somehow doubt it though.
    >>> Cheers!
    >>> L.

    >> No probs here AFAIK. Using Transmission (OSX). Vuze should be OK
    >> though:
    >>
    >> "Vuze (versions 4.1.0.2, 4.1.0.4, 4.2.0.0 or 4.2.0.2) - Recommended"

    > I did wind back Vuze some time ago (to 4.1.0.2), but to no avail. So,
    > I'm running 4.3.0.4. again. No probs whatsoever with other sites.
    > I do suspect I only became aware of the problem when I shifted to
    > Bigtime.
    > I haven't yet loaded up an alternate client.

    Is there an easy way to "wind back Vuze"? (Other than uninstall/reinstall
    and reload all torrents?)
    --
    Cheers,
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Dec 4, 2009
  7. On Sat, 5 Dec 2009 12:27:57 +1300, "~misfit~"
    <> wrote:

    >Somewhere on teh intarwebs Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:

    >> Hi Grum ..
    >> Yeah ... status reports "checking" for ages, before timing out.

    >>> No probs here AFAIK. Using Transmission (OSX). Vuze should be OK
    >>> though:
    >>>
    >>> "Vuze (versions 4.1.0.2, 4.1.0.4, 4.2.0.0 or 4.2.0.2) - Recommended"

    >> I did wind back Vuze some time ago (to 4.1.0.2), but to no avail. So,
    >> I'm running 4.3.0.4. again. No probs whatsoever with other sites.
    >> I do suspect I only became aware of the problem when I shifted to
    >> Bigtime.
    >> I haven't yet loaded up an alternate client.

    >Is there an easy way to "wind back Vuze"? (Other than uninstall/reinstall
    >and reload all torrents?)

    Didn't uninstall, Shaun. Just installed over the top, but had nowt
    "active" at the time.
    Didn't solve my prob, so have since reverted to 4.3.04.
    Something else has solved my problem, but dunno what exactly. Did a
    whole lot of changes at once to Vuze, and .... abracadabra.

    Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce, Dec 6, 2009
  8. Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:
    > On Sat, 5 Dec 2009 12:27:57 +1300, "~misfit~"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:

    >>> Hi Grum ..
    >>> Yeah ... status reports "checking" for ages, before timing out.

    >>> I did wind back Vuze some time ago (to 4.1.0.2), but to no avail.
    >>> So, I'm running 4.3.0.4. again. No probs whatsoever with other
    >>> sites.
    >>> I do suspect I only became aware of the problem when I shifted to
    >>> Bigtime.
    >>> I haven't yet loaded up an alternate client.

    >> Is there an easy way to "wind back Vuze"? (Other than
    >> uninstall/reinstall and reload all torrents?)

    > Didn't uninstall, Shaun. Just installed over the top, but had nowt
    > "active" at the time.
    > Didn't solve my prob, so have since reverted to 4.3.04.
    > Something else has solved my problem, but dunno what exactly. Did a
    > whole lot of changes at once to Vuze, and .... abracadabra.

    Thanks for the info. Cool that you're up and running again. I don't know
    where I'd be without TheBox. ;-)

    I have a few GBs worth of older TheBox series always active. Gotta maintain
    a good ratio somehow.
    --
    Cheers,
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Dec 6, 2009
  9. Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce

    grum Guest

    >> Didn't uninstall, Shaun. Just installed over the top, but had nowt
    >> "active" at the time.
    >> Didn't solve my prob, so have since reverted to 4.3.04.
    >> Something else has solved my problem, but dunno what exactly. Did a
    >> whole lot of changes at once to Vuze, and .... abracadabra.

    > Thanks for the info. Cool that you're up and running again. I don't know
    > where I'd be without TheBox. ;-)
    >
    > I have a few GBs worth of older TheBox series always active. Gotta maintain
    > a good ratio somehow.

    Glad it's working again. Yep TheBox is the business alright.
    This seems as good a thread as any to ask if any of you fine people have
    a spare diwana invite please? Indicate if so and I'll provide a contact
    addy.
    grum

    grum, Dec 7, 2009
  10. Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs grum wrote:
    >>> Didn't uninstall, Shaun. Just installed over the top, but had nowt
    >>> "active" at the time.
    >>> Didn't solve my prob, so have since reverted to 4.3.04.
    >>> Something else has solved my problem, but dunno what exactly. Did a
    >>> whole lot of changes at once to Vuze, and .... abracadabra.

    >> Thanks for the info. Cool that you're up and running again. I don't
    >> know where I'd be without TheBox. ;-)
    >>
    >> I have a few GBs worth of older TheBox series always active. Gotta
    >> maintain a good ratio somehow.

    > Glad it's working again. Yep TheBox is the business alright.
    > This seems as good a thread as any to ask if any of you fine people
    > have a spare diwana invite please? Indicate if so and I'll provide a
    > contact addy.
    > grum

    Just checked, I have 20 invites LOL! My email works if you clean it up.
    (Yes, it *is* .au)

    Please put Diwana in the subject as I get heaps of spam on that account.
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Dec 9, 2009