    Does the clue lie in the word BIG??
    Any help appreciated,thankyou.

    ATB-DG.
    DaveG, Oct 12, 2003

  2. DaveG

    Kenny Guest

    Kenny, Oct 12, 2003

  3. DaveG

    DaveG Guest

    http://tinyurl.com/qmxg

    Thanks Kenny!!

    "This song's lyrics constitute one of the most tortured and
    inappropriate analogies in the history of popular music. The idea is
    as follows. "The world is just a great big onion" (this is because it
    makes us cry, rather than the fact that it is made up of a number of
    geological strata a bit like the layers of an onion). No problems so
    far. But then we're told about "the only way to get rid of this great
    big onion". Ok, so we're getting rid of the world now. Fair enough.
    Curiously, the way to do this is "to plant love seeds until it dies".
    So we've killed off the world by sowing the seeds of love. To me that
    already sounds a bit of an uncomfortable situation to be in, but then
    Marvin Gaye shouts "Hey world! We've got a great big job to do. Yeah -
    we need you." At this point the whole onion idea really looks quite
    tenuous."

    ATB-DG.
    DaveG, Oct 12, 2003
  4. DaveG

    Phil Guest

    "Kenny" <> wrote in message
    > http://www.thisischeshire.co.uk/cheshire/eye/CHESHIRE_EYE10.html

    I Tried this link and it came up as a fault, will try it later though!

    http://www.gearchange.org/descriptions/Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell

    Phil, Oct 12, 2003