    Whats going on with this?

    Mark

    , Nov 14, 2004

  2. Keith Bowes Guest

    wrote:
    > Why is ile, and others?
    >
    > This is the latest ver. of Firefox. I opened the bookmarks file with
    > a text editor, and it says Netscape on the top.

    That's because the bookmarks file uses the Netscape DTD. Various
    (X)HTML files use a W3C DTD; should those be changed too?

    Keith Bowes, Nov 14, 2004

  3. Guest

    On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 16:44:18 -0500, Keith Bowes <>
    wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> Why is ile, and others?
    >>
    >> This is the latest ver. of Firefox. I opened the bookmarks file with
    >> a text editor, and it says Netscape on the top.

    >That's because the bookmarks file uses the Netscape DTD. Various
    >(X)HTML files use a W3C DTD; should those be changed too?

    Thanks for the info, but.....

    Sorry, I am not a programmer.
    What is a DTD? and a W3C DTD?
    Please explain!

    Mark

    , Nov 15, 2004
  4. Guest

    On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 23:09:53 -0600, wrote:

    >On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 16:44:18 -0500, Keith Bowes <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>> Why is ile, and others?
    >>>
    >>> This is the latest ver. of Firefox. I opened the bookmarks file with
    >>> a text editor, and it says Netscape on the top.

    >>That's because the bookmarks file uses the Netscape DTD. Various
    >>(X)HTML files use a W3C DTD; should those be changed too?

    >Thanks for the info, but.....
    >
    >Sorry, I am not a programmer.
    >What is a DTD? and a W3C DTD?
    >Please explain!
    >
    >Mark

    Oh, I forgot to mention, YES, I think they should change the word.
    It's not Netscape, and it should say what it is. I cant see how it
    could be that difficult to change the word in any files that contain
    it.

    Mark

    , Nov 15, 2004
  5. Emma Guest

    On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 05:10:13 -0600, wrote:

    >>Sorry, I am not a programmer.
    >>What is a DTD? and a W3C DTD?
    >>Please explain!

    >Oh, I forgot to mention, YES, I think they should change the word.
    >It's not Netscape, and it should say what it is. I cant see how it
    >could be that difficult to change the word in any files that contain
    >it.

    Yes you are not a programmer. But you certainly are a JACKASS.

    Emma, Nov 15, 2004
  6. Guest

    On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 14:01:47 -0500, Emma wrote:

    >On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 05:10:13 -0600, wrote:
    >
    >>>Sorry, I am not a programmer.
    >>>What is a DTD? and a W3C DTD?
    >>>Please explain!

    >>Oh, I forgot to mention, YES, I think they should change the word.
    >>It's not Netscape, and it should say what it is. I cant see how it
    >>could be that difficult to change the word in any files that contain
    >>it.

    >Yes you are not a programmer. But you certainly are a JACKASS.

    Thank You !!!!!

    I love Donkeys ,,,,,,,,,

    , Nov 16, 2004