The View State is invalid for this page and might be corrupted

Discussion in 'Software' started by parwejp, Nov 6, 2007.

  1. parwejp

    parwejp

    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    I am facing Invalid or corrupted viewstate error. Only Safari users on Mac are getting this Viewstate error.

    I have used two methods to open a new window in which application runs.

    Below is the C# code used by me.

    Method 1:
    Page.RegisterStartupScript("RunInNewWindow","<script language=javascript>OpenApp(url)</script>");

    The OpenApp() is a javascript function which opens the Appication into new window using window.open.

    Method 2:
    Page.RegisterStartupScript("ChangeURL","<script language=javascript>window.location.href=url</script>");

    In this method application is already opened in new window, so i have used window.location.href to change the url.

    Both these methods are working fine for IE and Mozilla browsers. But Safari users get Invalid viewState error in Method 2:( . I have tried making EnableViewStateMac off for this particular page. But then page does not get postback event for first time. Please suggest any way to get rid of this error. Ur help would be greatly appreciated.

    parwejp, Nov 6, 2007