    value of certification.

    Thanks,

    Mark

    Mark Hatfield, Feb 10, 2006

  2. Mark Hatfield

    Neil Simpson Guest

    Neil Simpson, Feb 10, 2006

  3. Mark Hatfield

    Kline Sphere Guest

    > I would appreciate any references to articles or information on the
    >value of certification.

    This just about sums it up

    http://tinyurl.com/b5qve

    sfw

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Feb 10, 2006
  4. Mark Hatfield

    kpg Guest

    Mark Hatfield <> said something like

    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\189418.htm (2/10/2006
    > 8:31:20 AM) # I am putting together some documentation for my employer
    > on the value of Microsoft training and certification for our
    > Information Services Department staff. I would appreciate any
    > references to articles or information on the value of certification.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mark

    Just a thought, in your appraisal make a distinction between the value
    of training verses the value of certification. They are not the same
    thing, and emphasis should be put on the former rather than the latter.

    kpg, Feb 10, 2006
  5. Mark Hatfield

    Kline Sphere Guest

    On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 14:28:55 -0000, "Neil Simpson"
    <neil_simpson@spam-me-not_btinternet.com> wrote:

    >Mark Hatfield wrote:
    >> I am putting together some documentation for my employer on the value
    >> of Microsoft training and certification for our Information Services
    >> Department staff. I would appreciate any references to articles or
    >> information on the value of certification.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Mark

    >http://www.certmag.com/articles/templates/cmag_contributor_ft.asp?articleid=876&zoneid=20

    I'm truly crying with laughter

    <quote>
    New MCSEs also receive a certificate, transcript, wallet card, lapel
    pin and use of the MCSE logo.
    </quote>

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Feb 10, 2006
  6. Mark Hatfield

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >They are not the same
    >thing, and emphasis should be put on the former rather than the latter.

    absolutely

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Feb 10, 2006
  7. Mark Hatfield

    kpg Guest

    Kline Sphere <.@> said something like

    > absolutely

    positively

    kpg, Feb 10, 2006
  8. Lucas Group is an Executive Search Firm in partnership with The Wall Street
    Journal and has been in business over 35 years. I am a Senior Executive
    Recruiter specializing in the IT/Technology sector and have many clients who
    are seeking MSCE's with 4+ years of networking experience. If you are seeking
    a new position or know of someone who would be qualified, please forward me a
    copy of your resume.
    --
    Kelli Aker
    Senior Executive IT Recruiter

    =?Utf-8?B?a2FrZXJAbHVjYXNncm91cC5jb20=?=, Feb 10, 2006
  9. Mark Hatfield

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >> absolutely
    >
    >positively

    timmaaa

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Feb 10, 2006
  10. Mark Hatfield

    Kline Sphere Guest

    > have many clients who
    >are seeking MSCE's with 4+ years of networking experience.

    The key is 4+ years experience. However, i've seen people who said
    they've 'four years networking experience', yet could not explain any
    of the common network topologies. I guess they went to cutecert.com.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Feb 10, 2006
  11. Mark Hatfield

    JaR Guest

    the plaintive wail of Mark Hatfield:

    > I am putting together some documentation for my employer on the value
    > of Microsoft training and certification for our Information Services
    > Department staff. I would appreciate any references to articles or
    > information on the value of certification.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mark

    A collection of excerpts from this group oughta do the trick.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110

    JaR, Feb 10, 2006
  12. Mark Hatfield

    Frisbee® Guest

    "" <> wrote
    in message news:...
    > Lucas Group is an Executive Search Firm in partnership with The Wall
    > Street
    > Journal and has been in business over 35 years. I am a Senior Executive
    > Recruiter specializing in the IT/Technology sector and have many clients
    > who
    > are seeking MSCE's with 4+ years of networking experience. If you are
    > seeking
    > a new position or know of someone who would be qualified, please forward
    > me a
    > copy of your resume.
    > --
    > Kelli Aker

    R U Hawt, Kelli?

    I might have a position 4 U

    Frisbee®, Feb 10, 2006
  13. Mark Hatfield

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >A collection of excerpts from this group oughta do the trick.

    where's don when you need him ;-)

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Feb 10, 2006
  14. I wear my lapel pin every day!

    --
    Famous last words "I wonder what this does..."

    Bill McPherson, Feb 10, 2006
  15. Mark Hatfield

    JaR Guest

    plaintive wail of Bill McPherson:

    > I wear my Chick Magnet every day!

    Iffy-...you know.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110

    JaR, Feb 10, 2006
  16. Crying with laughter from my question or crying with laughter from the link?

    Mark

    Mark Hatfield, Feb 10, 2006
  17. Mark Hatfield

    LRM Guest

    "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message
    > "" <>
    > wrote in message
    >> Lucas Group is an Executive Search Firm in partnership with The Wall
    >> Street
    >> Journal and has been in business over 35 years. I am a Senior Executive
    >> Recruiter specializing in the IT/Technology sector and have many clients
    >> who
    >> are seeking MSCE's with 4+ years of networking experience. If you are
    >> seeking
    >> a new position or know of someone who would be qualified, please forward
    >> me a
    >> copy of your resume.
    >> --
    >> Kelli Aker

    > R U Hawt, Kelli?
    >
    > I might have a position 4 U

    Fris is a bad kitty.

    --
    LRM
    MCNGP 7^2

    LRM, Feb 11, 2006
  18. Mark Hatfield

    Ben Smith Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I am putting together some documentation for my employer on the value of
    > Microsoft training and certification for our Information Services Department
    > staff. I would appreciate any references to articles or information on the
    > value of certification.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mark

    Here is the article about certification I wrote in Jan 05 on the topic.
    It is subscriber only, but I am pretty sure you will get your money out
    of it if you don't already get the magazine.

    http://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/ArticleID/44691/44691.html

    Ben Smith, Feb 11, 2006
  19. "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message
    > "" <>
    > wrote in message
    >> Lucas Group is an Executive Search Firm in partnership with The Wall
    >> Street
    >> Journal and has been in business over 35 years. I am a Senior Executive
    >> Recruiter specializing in the IT/Technology sector and have many clients
    >> who
    >> are seeking MSCE's with 4+ years of networking experience. If you are
    >> seeking
    >> a new position or know of someone who would be qualified, please forward
    >> me a
    >> copy of your resume.
    >> --
    >> Kelli Aker

    > R U Hawt, Kelli?
    >
    > I might have a position 4 U

    will be lost forever

    some times I read things that makes me warm inside

    some times I get an undescribable urge

    some times I feel unexplainable desire

    some times I just feel a warm sensation spread through my body

    some times I listen to music I forget where I am and feel pure romance

    I never thought a hawt frisbee could destroy all that.

    Gorm Braarvig, Feb 11, 2006
  20. >>> Lucas Group is an Executive Search Firm in partnership with The Wall
    >>> Street
    >>> Journal and has been in business over 35 years. I am a Senior Executive
    >>> Recruiter specializing in the IT/Technology sector and have many clients
    >>> who
    >>> are seeking MSCE's with 4+ years of networking experience. If you are
    >>> seeking
    >>> a new position or know of someone who would be qualified, please forward
    >>> me a
    >>> copy of your resume.
    >>> --
    >>> Kelli Aker