The use of HDLC in Frame relay?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by sora, Feb 3, 2007.

  1. sora

    sora Guest

    I am a newbie in data communication and now i take the this subject
    this semester.

    Here are the questions that i cant understand?
    1). How is the data communication in frame relay using High-level data
    link control (HDLC)? How it
    transfer and related to each other?

    2). What is the relationship of frame relay in OSI model? Frame-relay
    only uses OSI layer1 and layer2 right? but, why is it considered
    a "connection-oriented protocol"?

    3). What is the frame format of HDLC in frame relay?

    Actually this kind of questions make me mad and confuse!
    Can anyone knows or answering to me to the questions above?

    If possible gives me link or articles that discuss about this kind of
    information!
    Thanks!!!

    sora, Feb 3, 2007

  2. In article <>,
    sora <> wrote:
    >I am a newbie in data communication and now i take the this subject
    >this semester.

    >3). What is the frame format of HDLC in frame relay?

    I entered the keywords

    frame format HDLC frame relay

    into google, and several of the first several hits looked like
    they would answer the question.

    Walter Roberson, Feb 3, 2007

  3. www.BradReese.Com, Feb 3, 2007