THE TOTALLY DIGITAL D60 GOES ARTSY-FARTSY!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Annika1980, Apr 1, 2007.

  1. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Oops, that should read "TOTALLY DIGITAL INFRARED D60."

    Here are a couple of my initial efforts using my newly infrared-
    converted D60.

    First, a scene as it looked through my 20D:

    Next, the same scene captured in infrared and converted to B&W:
    http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/76448999

    Here's another one that I thought was kinda cool.
    http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/76448992

    That last scene would not have even warranted a shutter click with the
    20D.
    But shooting infrared makes it possible to turn a boring scene with
    bad lighting (high midday sun) into something mildly interesting. I
    spent most of the morning and afternoon walking around learning what
    works and what doesn't. A bright red cardinal sitting on a limb still
    looks much better in color. I also got a chance to break in my new
    85mm f/1.8.

    Here's a few others that I took today with the 20D:

    This guy crossed the street right in front of my car.
    http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/76453325
    (Guess he isn't too enamored with the 20D.)

    http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/76454740

    http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/76454741

    http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/76454744

    Annika1980, Apr 1, 2007

  2. Annika1980 wrote:
    > Oops, that should read "TOTALLY DIGITAL INFRARED D60."
    >
    > Here are a couple of my initial efforts using my newly infrared-
    > converted D60.
    >
    > First, a scene as it looked through my 20D:
    >
    > Next, the same scene captured in infrared and converted to B&W:
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/76448999
    >
    > Here's another one that I thought was kinda cool.
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/76448992

    Ahhh, the zeal of the newly converted!

    http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net
    Keep your head and arms inside The Mixer at all times.

    Unclaimed Mysteries, Apr 1, 2007

  3. Annika1980

    Bob Williams Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:
    > Oops, that should read "TOTALLY DIGITAL INFRARED D60."
    >
    > Here are a couple of my initial efforts using my newly infrared-
    > converted D60.
    >
    > First, a scene as it looked through my 20D:
    >
    > Next, the same scene captured in infrared and converted to B&W:
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/76448999
    >
    > Here's another one that I thought was kinda cool.
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/76448992
    >
    > That last scene would not have even warranted a shutter click with the
    > 20D.
    > But shooting infrared makes it possible to turn a boring scene with
    > bad lighting (high midday sun) into something mildly interesting. I
    > spent most of the morning and afternoon walking around learning what
    > works and what doesn't. A bright red cardinal sitting on a limb still
    > looks much better in color. I also got a chance to break in my new
    > 85mm f/1.8.
    >
    > Here's a few others that I took today with the 20D:
    >
    > This guy crossed the street right in front of my car.
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/76453325
    > (Guess he isn't too enamored with the 20D.)
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/76454740
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/76454741
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/76454744

    Neat way to convert a springtime scene into a winter scene with freshly
    fallen snow.
    Bob Williams

    Bob Williams, Apr 1, 2007